That's a pretty good rule to follow - if you want to start a thread to announce the full previews, that's fine. To discuss the events of an issue that has been shown online in its entirity, treat it as if that is the release and start a thread to discuss the issue. This only applies to full issue previews - not the 4, 5, 6 page etc previews.

Amazing Spider-Man #518 Discussion (Spoilers)

Well, it was just like E 'secretly' said. No more house. But it wasn't just Aunt May's house that was destroyed, but also Pete's apartment. But Aunt May's house came out worse than Pete's apartment. Her house was burned down to a crisp. Pete's just was on fire, but of course, the building didn't go up in total flames.

If you're wondering who it was, that burned the places, it was an old friend of Peter's. He went crazy from having vibranium as part of his skin. With it, he had super strength, was invulnerable to fire and was bulletproof, too.

The reason as to why this guy, Charlie, burned the places was because he tried to get Peter's help, secretly, since the cops were after him. With him destroying a building with the experiment he was working on, a suit for the army, that went on him, he thought Peter had betrayed him when Spider-Man met up with him. And Charlie had told Peter before that if he went to get any help, he'll make him pay through Aunt May and MJ. So then, with Spider-Man just blurring out his name, and then Charlie immediately thought that Peter had put Spidey into the whole mess. And that's why he burned their homes.

But it just ended with the crispy ex-home of Aunt May. So their invitation to the new tower is going to happen next issue.

This was very expected, but well delivered. And the fight between Molten Man mark 2 and spidey was extrordanary!!@!@!1

The Captain said:
????????????????????
Oh, it ain't nothing THAT serious.

But he said:

"I don't want to do this...but I can't have Charlie turning into another Molten Man. Yeah, Mark's better now, but too many people died on the way. I can't take that chance again."

icemastertron said:
If you're wondering who it was, that burned the places, it was an old friend of Peter's. He went crazy from having vibranium as part of his skin. With it, he had super strength, was invulnerable to fire and was bulletproof, too.

He could vibrate too. Dont underestimate the power of vibrations :p

Amazing Spider-Man #522 discussion/spoilers

Quite possibly my favorite comic book this month, I reccomend everyone get it.

I laughed out loud countless times over the Peter/Wolverine bit (He punched him thru the damn window!!!! :lol: ), the ever-growing Jarvis/Aunt May love seeds, possibly Peter's best jokes I've read in years, best thought bubbles ever. I couldn't believe JMS wrote this; priceless. Though I do remember the beginning of his run having Quite A Lot Of Humor, but this.....

Definitely the best issue since Deodato started pencilling (altogether, not artwise), and the HYDRA storyline is actually intriguing and fun to read. This book has the New Avengers, which rox. There were a couple things I didn't like about this issue (mainly MJ's story), but this is definitely one of 2005's better issues. Last month's Wizard gave this issue best cover of the month also... I agree. Except the logo reeks.

Wonder why Spidey's getting dizzy (and why it ties in to his hysterical ramblings)?

9.9/10 :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ultimatedjf said:
Quite possibly my favorite comic book this month, I reccomend everyone get it.

I laughed out loud countless times over the Peter/Wolverine bit (He punched him thru the damn window!!!! :lol: ), the ever-growing Jarvis/Aunt May love seeds, possibly Peter's best jokes I've read in years, best thought bubbles ever. I couldn't believe JMS wrote this; priceless. Though I do remember the beginning of his run having Quite A Lot Of Humor, but this.....

Definitely the best issue since Deodato started pencilling (altogether, not artwise), and the HYDRA storyline is actually intriguing and fun to read. This book has the New Avengers, which rox. There were a couple things I didn't like about this issue (mainly MJ's story), but this is definitely one of 2005's better issues. Last month's Wizard gave this issue best cover of the month also... I agree. Except the logo reeks.

Wonder why Spidey's getting dizzy (and why it ties in to his hysterical ramblings)?

9.9/10 :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Huh, sounds pretty interesting. I never even read 616 stuff, stick only to Ultimate titles, but I just might start based on all the good reviews people are giving some of the 616 titles (New Avengers, Runaways, etc).

This issue was awesome. It was so damn hilarous. Def. JMS's best issue since I started picking the series up. Favortite part was when Pete knocked Wolvie out the window. That whole part was great, 'specially with Cage and Drew. :lol:

I'm so glad someone started this thread, cos I was gonna if you didn't.

While the issue still has some BS dialogue (namely this is Peter's dialogue when talking to MJ, but Stark had a nice batch of BS today - pisses me off, this is my ONLY problem with this comic and it's a recent and unwelcome addition to the book) it did two things: firstly, it's made the Hydra arc exciting and interesting! Yay! :D Also, it's soooooo funny. I hope the continous humour isn't because of "The Other" or something, tt's funny seeing Spidey have a conversation with himself and himself and himself. :D I'd like it to stay (especially as in the flashback, he's still being silly when he asks his teacher if the stuff she's teaching which is now relevant information to the terrorist strike will "be on the test").

My favourite bit was when Spidey, disguised as a HYDRA agent infiltrates their huge subterranean base, filled with giant tunnels, machines, and an army of goons doing EEEEEvil things and he thinks to himself: "So how come these guys can build all this but it's taking the city two extra months to handle the new subway extension? Unless... no, it can't be, this whole thing it's... it's.... NON-UNION! The horror... the horror... the horror.... :lol:

Bass said:
I'm so glad someone started this thread, cos I was gonna if you didn't.

While the issue still has some BS dialogue (namely this is Peter's dialogue when talking to MJ, but Stark had a nice batch of BS today - pisses me off, this is my ONLY problem with this comic and it's a recent and unwelcome addition to the book) it did two things: firstly, it's made the Hydra arc exciting and interesting! Yay! :D Also, it's soooooo funny. I hope the continous humour isn't because of "The Other" or something, tt's funny seeing Spidey have a conversation with himself and himself and himself. :D I'd like it to stay (especially as in the flashback, he's still being silly when he asks his teacher if the stuff she's teaching which is now relevant information to the terrorist strike will "be on the test").

My favourite bit was when Spidey, disguised as a HYDRA agent infiltrates their huge subterranean base, filled with giant tunnels, machines, and an army of goons doing EEEEEvil things and he thinks to himself: "So how come these guys can build all this but it's taking the city two extra months to handle the new subway extension? Unless... no, it can't be, this whole thing it's... it's.... NON-UNION! The horror... the horror... the horror.... :lol:
Agreed on all accounts. The beginning dialogue, I was like "Eh?!" Seemed a bit too cheesy, but it was ok. I did love the:

"No. I have to say it. I've waited my whole life to say it.

*looks around*

You see inspector?! I was right! THE BUTLER DID IT!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: SpiderMan-"The Other" October Crossover

Just got done reading part three. Is it just me, or is David really dragging this out?

Exactly what is wrong with Peter? Judging from what Morlun and Tracer have said in the past three parts, Peter's de-evolving (or evolving) into an animal.

Doc Comic said:
Just got done reading part three. Is it just me, or is David really dragging this out?

Exactly what is wrong with Peter? Judging from what Morlun and Tracer have said in the past three parts, Peter's de-evolving (or evolving) into an animal.
I totally agree with you. We should've found out what's wrong with Peter by now. And he's gonna evolve, I think, but somehow first- he's body is like de-functioning from inside.

icemastertron said:
I totally agree with you. We should've found out what's wrong with Peter by now. And he's gonna evolve, I think, but somehow first- he's body is like de-functioning from inside.
Should be able to read this today, but it doesn't say what's wrong with him?:(

Latest posts

Back