Re: Asm #526

UltimateE said:
Yes, Deodato.

UltimateE said:
Eating his eyeball...sounds like one of those things that is interesting on the surface, but ultimately is pretty stupid.
It wasnt all that great. Interesting concept, but wasn't delievered well. And has an eye always considered an 'organ'? I always thought the eyes werent one.

Last edited:
Re: Asm #526

icemastertron said:
And has an eye always considered an 'organ'? I always thought the eyes werent one.

Yup. Organs aren't just internal. The largest organ of the human body is...skin!

Re: Amazing Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

Also i thought he was kinda like a vampire sucking the "animal life force" out of the people....... not having to eat pieces of them?

he does suck the life force from them...i think the eye ball thing was just to show the severity of the situation, & to show what kind of a threat morlun is

my.php

Asm #527

OK, I actually liked this issue. Still don't know why Morlun came back and we probably never will, that sucks. I guess they played up the whole totemic powers thing, but I don't really have anything against it. I thought it was funny when Peter just showed up, though.

I thought it was ok. I think MJ should've fainted, or least almost did.

I was out of it when I read this, and I'm too terrified of that Spider to revisit it, so could one of you guys please summarize just the main theme that the totemic thing was all trying to convey, and what Peter's reactions/decisions were to them?

:D

ultimatedjf said:
I was out of it when I read this, and I'm too terrified of that Spider to revisit it, so could one of you guys please summarize just the main theme that the totemic thing was all trying to convey, and what Peter's reactions/decisions were to them?
That Spider-Man is in fact one part man, one part spider ('that Spider' represents the spider half or 'The Other'). So, when Peter died, the spider didn't, it shed its skin and was reborn, but with that rebirth it wasn't sure which half would be dominate, the spider or the man.
It also pointed out that he took the spider powers from inside and brought them outside with his spider-themed costume (it made more sense when I read it).

Pandrio said:
That Spider-Man is in fact one part man, one part spider ('that Spider' represents the spider half or 'The Other'). So, when Peter died, the spider didn't, it shed its skin and was reborn, but with that rebirth it wasn't sure which half would be dominate, the spider or the man.
It also pointed out that he took the spider powers from inside and brought them outside with his spider-themed costume (it made more sense when I read it).

Thanks. :D

So, what is going to come out of this arc besides a new costume?

ultimatedjf said:
Thanks. :D

So, what is going to come out of this arc besides a new costume?

completely unnecesary and lame character developement.

spider-man should always be about peter parker. there is no freaking spider. there is peter parker. the other is a big loser, and i hope he dies a miserable spider-death, and no one goes to his spider-funeral.

iceman said:
completely unnecesary and lame character developement.

I object to that statement. Development indicates advancement.

Todays Issue of Amazing Spider-Man has been the best single part of "The Other", in my oppinion...

I'm glad this is more of an identity crisis than something bigger... because Peter is prone to indentity crises, and therefore this will blow over quickly.

I like Stracynski though, I have to say...

He knows how to write a good comic. Not necessarily Great (albeit Supreme Power is definitely great), but definitely good.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Todays Issue of Amazing Spider-Man has been the best single part of "The Other", in my oppinion...

Yes, and cancer's nicer than ebola. So what?

Anyhoo, this is another stupid issue. I used to enjoy JMS' Spidey, but then the New Avengers got involved, and its absolutely insufferable right now. It's not even remotely enjoyable to me.

New Costume? All the preview covers are distinctly the same as the old one. New Powers? I could care less.

Also, Morlun comes back from the dead with no explanation, and everyone seems unfazed by it. I'm not surprised as 'coming back from the dead' happens all the time. I mean, it just happened now. Peter's back and everyone goes, 'Yep. *sigh* At least the previous 'mourning' issues are now gratuitous.'

Oh yeah - and Spider-Man was terminally ill, wasn't he? What happened to that? Oh right, it got retconned three issues after it started. I can only hope the same thing happens to "The Other". :sick:

I love JMS - but his Spider-Man is just so bad at the moment.

Bass said:
Yes, and cancer's nicer than ebola. So what?

Anyhoo, this is another stupid issue. I used to enjoy JMS' Spidey, but then the New Avengers got involved, and its absolutely insufferable right now. It's not even remotely enjoyable to me.

New Costume? All the preview covers are distinctly the same as the old one. New Powers? I could care less.

Also, Morlun comes back from the dead with no explanation, and everyone seems unfazed by it. I'm not surprised as 'coming back from the dead' happens all the time. I mean, it just happened now. Peter's back and everyone goes, 'Yep. *sigh* At least the previous 'mourning' issues are now gratuitous.'

Oh yeah - and Spider-Man was terminally ill, wasn't he? What happened to that? Oh right, it got retconned three issues after it started. I can only hope the same thing happens to "The Other". :sick:

I love JMS - but his Spider-Man is just so bad at the moment.

This whole arc is a waste of time. To be fair, they could have done whats happened so far in about 2 or 3 issues. Basically we have had a lot of needless mourning, needless speaking, needless crap involving Aunt May and Mary Jane. We had a few issues about Peter dying, which was a pile of crap, it resulted in nothing. It looks like each writer is just doing something different. It's as if the original story wasn't rubbish enough, they had to go that extra step, and do everything they could to make it suck my crotchinal regions. And it does suck my crotchinal regions. Hard.

I did like JMS' ASM, especially with Deadato's art, its great, they are an awesome team. But New Avengers is so bad, and you all know who's fault that is, right? Don't make me say his name.

As for the costume, why the hell does Spider-Man need a new friggin' costume? It's like saying the one for the past 40 years has been rubbish. If it happens, I hope it just turns out like the blakc suit he had, and it just goes away after a while. Jesus, are Marvel really stupid enough to change a suit that has been working great for 40 years? Maybe so.

As for new powers, same as above. And to be fair, after this shockign thing is over, I don't think there will be enough people to care about ASM to care about these "new" powers. What an absolute waste of time.

Latest posts

Back