Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

comic_geek21 said:
No, I know what you're talking about, it was during the Sentry arc. It wasn't Shaw, it was Mastermind she said was dead.

You're right. I confused the two.

But I thought I did remember somewhere that Shaw was dead. No?

UltimateE said:
You're right. I confused the two.

But I thought I did remember somewhere that Shaw was dead. No?
Not officially, as he had appeared in Uncanny last year, trying to start the HFC again.

In case you are interested, the translation of the Japanese from Astonishing X-Men #13, courtesy some LJfriends who are Japanese manga fanatics:

Hisako: It is a dishonor that they admitted a murderous gorilla as a teacher, is it not?

Wolverine: Don't you think it is shameful to your ancestors that you are always complaining?

Last edited:

Rhyo said:
In case you are interested, the translation of the Japanese from Astonishing X-Men #13, courtesy some LJfriends who are Japanese manga fanatics:

Hisako: It is a dishonor that they admitted a murderous gorilla as a teacher, is it not?

Wolverine: Don't you think it is shameful to your ancestors that you are always complaining?

Haha - that's funny.

Thanks for posting that.

MaxwellSmart said:
It's official, television writers make great comic book writers! Everyone should be reading this book!

5/5
That's because, just like TV, comics are imagery and speech based.

And, PLEASE... can someone explain to me WTF is the matter with Emma Frost?!!! I mean... that last page where she was "role playing" as Jean Grey... OMFG... WTH? Is she possessed?! I mean, with all this Cassandra thing... *headtable* I swear... that woman is... *runs out of words*

roguefan said:
She roleplayed Jean Grey in New X-Men as well.

Yep. Although it was slightly less of a sexual thing and more her trying to make a psychological connection with Scott.

Yeah, I flipped through this. Was the last page supposed to mean something? I was really expecting something that would have me on the edge but all I saw was Emma doing the Jean thing. What's the big deal with that?

When was Cassranda Nova, Ernst? They are too different people.

I'm curious as to who is in the hood.

I bet it's Madelyne Pryor.

:shifty: ....what?

I'm really confused too.

I shouldn't read X books.

Remember this arc is going to dwelve into the minds of the characters. Yeah, it's been done before, but not by Whedon, and not in the state of minds they are in now because of the current events. :wink:

thee great one said:
When was Cassranda Nova, Ernst? They are too different people.

Read New X-Men: Imperial.

thee great one said:
She melts at the end.

OK...REread New X-Men: Imperial.

UltimateE said:
OK...REread New X-Men: Imperial.

"Planet X" hinted and "Here Comes Tomorrow" directly implied that Nova had taken the form of the young mutant Ernst. In New X-Men #156, Cyclops and Beast investigate Cassandra's prison following the destruction of the mansion to find it empty. Fan speculation points at Martha Johansson, a telepath, as being responsible for at erasing the memory of Cassandra and the existence of Ernst.

Cassandra, back in her original form, returned in the "Danger" storyarc of Astonishing X-Men, alongside Sebastian Shaw of the Hellfire Club.

thee great one said:
"Planet X" hinted and "Here Comes Tomorrow" directly implied that Nova had taken the form of the young mutant Ernst. In New X-Men #156, Cyclops and Beast investigate Cassandra's prison following the destruction of the mansion to find it empty. Fan speculation points at Martha Johansson, a telepath, as being responsible for at erasing the memory of Cassandra and the existence of Ernst.

Cassandra, back in her original form, returned in the "Danger" storyarc of Astonishing X-Men, alongside Sebastian Shaw of the Hellfire Club.

X-Men ended at New X-Men #154. 'Nuff said.

UltimateE said:
X-Men ended at New X-Men #154. 'Nuff said.
NEW X-Men, sure. :wink:

Anyways, as for ASTONISHING....

I wonder what exactly Cassandra has in store this time. She's 'hanging' with the people she was killing off last time she was 'active'. This will seem to be very interesting.

Latest posts

Back