Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

I like Emma a lot. And no, she isn't a *****, she just acts like one. If you remember her breakdown in New X-Men after Jean tore through her mind, than you know that she just tries to cover up her vulnerabilities and insecurities by being a *****. She basically explains to Wolverine that she feels terrible about the way people perceive her and that its damaged how she's treated and how she treats others.

icemastertron said:
Ya act like one, you are one, no matter what. :p
EXACTLY!

If you don't like how people perceive you, CHANGE IT. That's why I've done before.

comic_geek21 said:
Well, I don't care. I still like Emma Frost.:)
So do I. Just saying she is a *****, but it helps her character out because it fits perfectly. It adds an extra "umph" to the team, and to the book, and all which is enjoyable.

Sometimes she may piss you (and I mean 'you' in general) off, but what character doesn't?

icemastertron said:
So do I. Just saying she is a *****, but it helps her character out because it fits perfectly. It adds an extra "umph" to the team, and to the book, and all which is enjoyable.

Sometimes she may piss you (and I mean 'you' in general) off, but what character doesn't?

Exactly! That's the same way I feel!

You know, you're actually a very nice guy when you're not being scary and threatening!:mrgreen:

icemastertron said:

I'm saying that she's not just "The *****". If she were, I wouldn't like her. She's a bit deeper than that. Thats what I like so much about her. Just when you think you've got her pegged, she suprises you. Morrison and Whedon have done a great job with her characterization.

moonmaster said:
I'm saying that she's not just "The *****". If she were, I wouldn't like her. She's a bit deeper than that. Thats what I like so much about her. Just when you think you've got her pegged, she suprises you. Morrison and Whedon have done a great job with her characterization.
I know she's just "The *****" and I'm not saying that shes only that or anything. But it is a part of her. Again, I'm not saying this is a negative way. Like I said where you quoted me, it goes perfect with her, because it helps out make her an even better character to read.

And also, #13-

Great damn issue. It's great to see that not even Emma knows what to do, but still has something up her sleeve. It looks like this arc may not really see any bad guys or anything, which is cool. A break here and there with that does wonders. Seeing how these guys tick (under Whedon's writing) will be a great splender to check out.

Also, Abigail "vs" Director Hill. Awesome. This cat fight will be awesome to watch as it goes on. Loved how Hill just got slammed.

4/5

From what I read in issue #13, it sure seems like Emma doesn't know what to do. I dig how they reveal that her diamond form is the result of a secondary mutation given to her by Cassandra Nova for the sole purpose of allowing her to survive the attack on Genosha. That was cool.

It seems like Emma was put in the X-Men for the sole purpose of spying on them. Although, it seems now she's questioning her allegences. I like this.

I still believe that we're gonna see a huge redemption thing happen for Emma and she's gonna wind up saving the day.:D

So...is this supposed to insinuate that Cassandra Nova is responsible for secondary mutations? Or is in something natural and Emma's is "artificial"?

I wasn't real crazy about the new Hellfire club, but at least it's working. I'm just a little confused - in New Avengers Emma said that Shaw is dead.

And we know that Cassandra was transformed into Ernst, although somehow she is Cassandra again 150 years into the future. So I hope we get some kind of redemption of Cassandra Nova, or an explanation on how she turned back to Cassandra Nova from Ernst.

Or did I just miss something?

UltimateE said:
Or did I just miss something?
Last time Cassandra was mentioned was in (here comes the "shock") close the last issues of Chuck Austen in his X-Men work. The "stasis" type pod Cassandra was in, which was kept in the basement of the X-Mansion, was found empty, if I remember correctly.

Now, as for Nova and 2ndary mutations, I think maybe she just "jumpstarted" Emma's? Something along those lines is my guess.

UltimateE said:
I wasn't real crazy about the new Hellfire club, but at least it's working. I'm just a little confused - in New Avengers Emma said that Shaw is dead.

No, I know what you're talking about, it was during the Sentry arc. It wasn't Shaw, it was Mastermind she said was dead.

It's official, television writers make great comic book writers! Everyone should be reading this book!

5/5

Latest posts

Back