Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

thee great one said:
"Planet X" hinted and "Here Comes Tomorrow" directly implied that Nova had taken the form of the young mutant Ernst. In New X-Men #156, Cyclops and Beast investigate Cassandra's prison following the destruction of the mansion to find it empty. Fan speculation points at Martha Johansson, a telepath, as being responsible for at erasing the memory of Cassandra and the existence of Ernst.

Cassandra, back in her original form, returned in the "Danger" storyarc of Astonishing X-Men, alongside Sebastian Shaw of the Hellfire Club.

Ya see, funny story, they let Austen write the last two issues of New X-Men (#155 & #156), ergo they don't count.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Ya see, funny story, they let Austen write the last two issues of New X-Men (#155 & #156), ergo they don't count.

EXACTLY.

Anything after that either.

But yeah, back to Astonishing.

Has Astonishing X-Men #14 been given a date? It was supposed to be today (4/19) but obviously it isn't. I don't see it in the shipping update thread.

E said:
Has Astonishing X-Men #14 been given a date? It was supposed to be today (4/19) but obviously it isn't. I don't see it in the shipping update thread.

It's out next week I believe. Least, according to Diamond.

Last edited:

E said:
Really? Far as I remember, it's supposed to be next week, as it's listed.

Ice said:
Really? Far as I remember, it's supposed to be next week, as it's listed.

Could've been a mistake on my part; I had it down for today.

Ok, so with the looks of what will happen, the members in Uncanny X-Men will be off in space. The members in 'X-Men' will be leaving the mansion towards a destination unknown at the moment. This obviously means that the members of Astonishing will be sharing the mansion with the students.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Ice said:
Ok, so with the looks of what will happen, the members in Uncanny X-Men will be off in space. The members in 'X-Men' will be leaving the mansion towards a destination unknown at the moment. This obviously means that the members of Astonishing will be sharing the mansion with the students.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Me too.

Xorn comes back.

Ice said:

And the 198.

thee great one said:

Me too.

Xorn comes back.
No. Please no. Just... God no. Xorn, Magneto or not, has run his course as a character. Please just let it die.

I just read #14.

Wow. Probably the best issue yet. And nothing really happened.

Emma and Scott's relationship... still screwed up. Did she lobotomize him or something?

And Nova revealing herself... I wonder if Beast and her are going to have another talk about evolution?

This was a fantastic issue. Emma totally neutered Scott.

The Hellfire Club would seem to be on the attack now.

Also, who is the Destroyer of Worlds?

I'd guess it's no one who has fought Ord, or he'd recognise them from the psychic dreams (even if it was just fleeting, he'd notice).

So perhaps one of the Hellfire Club or Colossus?

But then... it could be anyone.

Galactus? :D

Nothing happened. And it WAS great.

As much as I loved Morrison's run, this single issue did more for Scott Summers than his entire run. Awesome work. Loved every second of it.

I loved how Kitty and Peter hooked up, and Wolverine could smell it on them. "Bout time." Ha!

E said:
Nothing happened. And it WAS great.

As much as I loved Morrison's run, this single issue did more for Scott Summers than his entire run. Awesome work. Loved every second of it.

I loved how Kitty and Peter hooked up, and Wolverine could smell it on them. "Bout time." Ha!

That's what I love about Whedon. He has the weridest sense of humor. It was a great issue. But wtf happened? And I want to know who the destoryer is. I bet it's Scott. Well him or Xorn.

A+

The Wolverine/Kitty/Peter page was the damn funniest thing i've seen in a while.

Whedon is the man. :rockon:

Who else to write such deep and confusing stuff. Does anyone know what those bugs are? I'm not sure to what degree scott is labotamized. I think the reason Emma did what she did was to make sure Scott didn't get hurt in the Hellfire club attack.

Which X-man do you think is going to destroy the Breakworld(or at least come close)? I think it's going to be Beast. I can't say exactly why, but that's the vibe I get.

I don't know who the Destroyer of Worlds is because it's impossible to work it out.

I'm sorry. Ultimates 2 has ruined my zest for life. :(

Latest posts

Back