Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Victor Von Doom said:
I won't lie----I'm falling outta love with this book. I just doesn't have the same appeal it did before.

I might drop it.
:shock:

I know New X-Men is better than this at the moment, but this is still awesome!

Ice said:
:shock:

I know New X-Men is better than this at the moment, but this is still awesome!

Indeed it is awesome......but there's seems to be something lacking. Something's missing that compells me to keep reading.

I think it was the announcement that Whedon was picking this up again that made me go a read the first 2 TPB vols. So I was compelled to keep reading in order to find out what happens and so I can be spun up for the relaunch.

But now that I'm caught up............meh.

Victor Von Doom said:
I won't lie----I'm falling outta love with this book. I just doesn't have the same appeal it did before.

I might drop it.
One thing about this book that really different is the pace at which it progresses. It also go off into rather strange tangents that would never really be explored in other books. This is still one of the best X-Men books out there though.

MaxwellSmart said:
This is still one of the best X-Men books out there though.

No denying that. I don't know...I'd like to drop it.....but I can't.

weadon said on this weeks joe friday's that cassady's art is terrible. How can that be? He is amazing!!!! What is making him say that? Cassady is one of the reasons why the book is so good. Is he joking about Cassady being terribile?

Last edited:

a fan said:
weadon said on this weeks joe friday's that cassady's art is terrible. How can that be? He is amazing!!!! What is making him say that? Cassady is one of the reasons why the book is so good. Is he joking about Cassady being terribile?
I bettin' he was and you probably misunderstood.

MaxwellSmart said:
One thing about this book that really different is the pace at which it progresses. It also go off into rather strange tangents that would never really be explored in other books. This is still one of the best X-Men books out there though.

I think its better read in trade..... cause its kinda slow (for me anyway)

Shihad said:
I think its better read in trade..... cause its kinda slow (for me anyway)
True, it is a pretty slow paced book, but each issue has its own significant moments. It's less action more substance.

The best part out of this whole issue was Wolverine. Hot damn did Cassandra make one hell of a move there.

"I'm the best at what I do.

And what I do....

...is so terribly pretty!!"

*Makes pink paper people*

Hahahahahaha!!! :lol:

Last edited:

Ice said:
The best part out of this whole issue was Wolverine. Hot damn did Cassandra make one hell of a move there.

And what I do....

:scared:

Ice said:

And what I do....

That was the best part of the book. Followed only by the fact that Cassandra made him talk like a little English girl for the rest of the issue.

I like that Kitty has never trusted Emma. That one scene where Kitty kept looking at the bed after they found Scott....I knew right there that Kitty knew it was her.

Emma said that he was fine when they went to bed...but when she woke up he was like that. What a bad lie......the bed was still made and Scott was in the clothes from the previous day.

I agree with the fact that this is better in trade. Individual issues have one defining moment but the pacing is too slow to warrant over a month in between.

Oh yeah...the ear pop on Colossus was awesome too.

Last edited:

I like slow...I have slow attention reflex so the faster the more I oversee things that are important. I'm liking this more than NA.

I wish I knew what happend in the title but all you guys do is go on and on about how great it is without saying anything. I flipped through it and I see The Hellfire Club is one up on the X-Men with the guy from breakworld and "Danger" er whatever given some convo.

This is good. That is all.

I've noticed on other sites showing how the last page with Kitty is a tribute to a former page - that of Wolverine saying "It's my turn now." after The Hellfire Club thinking they had gotten rid of him.

I'm still thinking Cassady's art isn't up to par as it is on Planetary though.

I was hoping for more action, but it served as great build up. I was kind of disappointed to see that Danger survived. I hope she bites the big one by the end of this.

yea, I really dug this. I like this twist and the whole time colossus was beating up sebastian I was just waiting for the finale. and I was also wondering how come colossus decided to fight him anyway. That was so stupid.

Latest posts

Back