Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

I don't read the title so I don't know, but if Cassandra Nova destroyed Genosha, than could she have destroyed Ord's planet?

Goodwill said:
I don't read the title so I don't know, but if Cassandra Nova destroyed Genosha, than could she have destroyed Ord's planet?

Actually I got the impression that it was being implied it was Cassandra Nova.

She started out as a "bad guy" and is currently in the Hellfire Club, but
we know from "Here Comes Tomorrow" that sometime between now and 150 years in the future she becomes a "good guy" and heads up the institute

So it could be possible. She switches sides and not too long after destroys the Breakworld. Who knows.

I did read the arc where Colossus returned and Ord was introduced so I know a little bit about what is going on...

Is there any motive as to destroy the break world? A mutant, perhaps, who knew about the break world finding the cure for mutancy? Cassandra Nova is from the future or has knowledge from the future in her possession? Perhaps she was trying to do mutants a favor...

Goodwill said:
I did read the arc where Colossus returned and Ord was introduced so I know a little bit about what is going on...

Is there any motive as to destroy the break world? A mutant, perhaps, who knew about the break world finding the cure for mutancy? Cassandra Nova is from the future or has knowledge from the future in her possession? Perhaps she was trying to do mutants a favor...

I believe Ord was only going to cure the mutants BECAUSE one of them was going to destroy the Breakworld.

E said:
we know from "Here Comes Tomorrow" that sometime between now and 150 years in the future she becomes a "good guy" and heads up the institute
Well, remember that's a possiblity of it happening. :)

Ice said:

Very true.

Ice said:

oh billy. theory. that is what was to happen if scott and emma didn't get together. they did. however, the breakworld had not simply planned out the Ord thing in the last few months (in comic-book timeline), they've been sensing this stuff for years... so what if they were sensing that possible future, because there is some sort of delay in their precog-ness, and the future they see hasn't changed because of Phoenix's push of Scott into Emma's arms yet. so they believe the "good" "x-man" cassandra nova will destroy their world.

that'd be cool. tie into morrison.

i thought it was a great issue. i was going to drop astonishing until i read it. had kitty and colossus not done it before? i always thought they did..

ProjectX2 said:
Galactus? :D

bwaaahahahaha! it'd be awesome if Galactus was on the X-men. and they went aroudn space handling mutant problems. and the only way they handled them was Galactus destroying the evil mutant's world.

and Cyclops would be like...

"That's not according to protocol!"

and Wolverine would be like...

"Uh... let him be, bub."

It'd be great.

ProjectX2 said:
I believe Ord was only going to cure the mutants BECAUSE one of them was going to destroy the Breakworld.

Ah, there's the rub...

Gaddammit...

E said:
Actually I got the impression that it was being implied it was Cassandra Nova.

So it could be possible. She switches sides and not too long after destroys the Breakworld. Who knows.
Its not really a "could become". At the end of Morrisons run she'd already been reprogramed into a new person. She was the little old woman thing named Ernest that tagged along with Beak and the special class. Her appearing with the hellfire club had me scratching my head quite a bit...

Baxter said:
Its not really a "could become". At the end of Morrisons run she'd already been reprogramed into a new person. She was the little old woman thing named Ernest that tagged along with Beak and the special class. Her appearing with the hellfire club had me scratching my head quite a bit...

Right - thanks for reminding. The question isn't just how Cassandra Nova became "good" and leader of the X-Men but how she freed herself of the Ernst persona.

Of course, escaping the "Ernst" persona could only happen in the alternate future as well.

I hope Whedon plans on explicitly clearing this up.

I hope Cassady has more semi naked shots of Kitty

I always bring my A game to comic book discussions

Thought the issue was great, did a great job of building more sub-plots into the story lines as well as raising the tension w/the whole "who is the destroyer?" question that's been posed.

Anyways, I don't know much about 616, anyone know what the whole bug scene was about?

Astonishing X-Men #14/ partly naked kitty.:wink:

ASTXM015_1.jpg
ASTXM015_2.jpg

ASTXM015_3.jpg
ASTXM015_4.jpg

I won't lie----I'm falling outta love with this book. I just doesn't have the same appeal it did before.

I might drop it.

Latest posts

Back