Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Goodwill said:
Claremont gets consumed in the characters' backstories and Austen is writing an arc about action every time

Isn't Austen gone?

I don't read any other X-books. Excaliber was horrendous, and I gave adjectiveless X-Men a chance because I thought it had Xorn in it. It didn't, so I dropped it.

Yes, he left Marvel because the writing style he was going with, Marvel wasn't liking or somethng like that. You know E, you had that article here back in July, when I first joined.

And Peter Miligan is the new writer on X-Men.

icemastertron said:
Yes, he left Marvel because the writing style he was going with, Marvel wasn't liking or somethng like that. You know E, you had that article here back in July, when I first joined.

I know he left, but his arc was finishing up even though he was gone. I don't read X-Men, so I didn't know if his arc(s) was/were done yet.

Oh. alright. His arc finished in November. Then Claremont wrote a stand-alone holiday story for December. Now Peter Miligan is taking over with next month's issue.

You know...I wonder who Marvel is going to have take over Astonishing after Whedon and Cassaday's run?

There's a rumor that it may not continue...

Also, why not stick Singer here with a random artist? It would definitely work!

Say, if you can write, LS, why not contribute to the Fic section? I'd love to see what you've got!

Also, who do you think would fit well on the title?

I'd guess he meant Astonishing.

Whedon is leaving some pretty big shoes to fill. Astonishing is THE X-book at the moment and whoever takes over is going to have a very hard time. I'm disappointed about Whedon leaving AND Cassaday. They stories and art fit together really well, i thought

Yes, they did. But I have seen a lot of people saying to Marvel to keep them on the book (including myself). Hopefully they can come up with something.

Its pretty surprising that Whedon has come to comics, writes 12 issues then leaves again. Seems a little strange

Caduceus said:
Its pretty surprising that Whedon has come to comics, writes 12 issues then leaves again. Seems a little strange

Millar is doing the same thing in Wolverine and MK Spider-Man and Ellis is too on Iron Man, except 6 issues. Not to mention minis like Card on Ult. Iron Man.

With the exception of Card though, they all have a history of writing comics. Card's signed on for a mini and may or may not keep on with comics.

Whedon did not, to my knowledge, have a history of writing comics so it just seemed strange that he would arrive and vanish again.

Whedon hasn't written comics before. But the man does know his X-Men. I mean, he wrote a script for the first X-Men movie. But what I think is harsh is that they took lines from his script, and added it to the script that was actually used, of course, giving him no credit.

Latest posts

Back