Meh. This is Hawkeyes first appearance in a movie. .
It isn't, he had a Cameo in Thor.

And there have been plenty of teams without Pym and Wasp. Again, leaving them out is perfectly understandable.

mike3717 said:
Meh. This is Hawkeyes first appearance in a movie. I think they could have been brought in the same way they were in the Ultimates, just as other Dr's working on super soldier program that Fury brought in. Their back story could have been expanded in following movies.

They are founding members in every incarnation of the team I can think of. It just seems wrong to not have them imo.

That's not into entirely correct. hawkeye has a cameo appearance in the the 2011 movie Thor. He appears when Thor is trying to retrieve his hammer.

It isn't, he had a Cameo in Thor.

And there have been plenty of teams without Pym and Wasp. Again, leaving them out is perfectly understandable.

Yeah I forgot the brief cameo in Thor.

I never said they were on every team, just that they have always been founding members of the Avengers. (unless I am forgetting something)

Like I said, it's just my opinion that they SHOULD be in this. Personally I'd rather have them than Hawkeye. But that's me.

yeah, so there's Avengers Lego coming

2198025-4f36e10705160.jpeg

Last edited:
mike3717 said:
Yeah I forgot the brief cameo in Thor.

I never said they were on every team, just that they have always been founding members of the Avengers. (unless I am forgetting something)

Like I said, it's just my opinion that they SHOULD be in this. Personally I'd rather have them than Hawkeye. But that's me.

And I disagree, Hawkeye is far cooler and entertaining. I like him better than Pym anyway.

If anything, they should have added Wasp and left out Pym. They make each other redundant anyway.

That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I prefer a movie that is truer to the source material.

No offence, but that's nitpicky. Adaptations will always differ in one way or another and for the most part, the movie is true to the spirit of the source material.

And lets be honest, non comic fans probably wouldn't care much for Pym.

No offence, but that's nitpicky. Adaptations will always differ in one way or another and for the most part, the movie is true to the spirit of the source material.

And lets be honest, non comic fans probably wouldn't care much for Pym.

No, nitpicky is organic webshooters.

Like I said before, leaving them out, imo, is akin to leaving The Human Torch out of a Fantastic Four movie. It isn't as though I won't see the movie but I will certainly enjoy it less since right off the bat it's just wrong.

And honestly this is not very true to the source material. I don't expect (or want) a frame by frame translation of Avengers #1 in movie form. They are tinkering, it's clearly the movie universe. It seems like they going for a bit of conglomeration of Avengers and Ultimates. Which is fine. But again, they both had Hank and Jan, recognizing that they are integral to the Avengers and their history. Look at it this way, in Spiderman movies, it doesn't matter if Peter Parker is dating Mary Jane or Gwen or if one or both of them die, whatever. All that matters is that they are there because they are integral to Pete's story. If suddenly there was a Spiderman movie and neither MJ or Gwen were in it and he was dating Susie Creamcheese instead, that would have a noticeable impact on the movie in terms of stories that could be told and more importantly, that something that feels important is missing.

That all being said, I think they will be brought in for future movies since they are such a large part of Avengers history. So there is hope.

Last edited:
The regular movie folk know nothing of Hank and Jan, and unless they were shoehorned into a previous movie at some point, probably won't. That's why they aren't here.

The regular movie folk know nothing of Hank and Jan, and unless they were shoehorned into a previous movie at some point, probably won't. That's why they aren't here.

Yeah I know. I get it. All I'm saying is that I wish they were in it. That's it.

But let's be honest, it's not as though Hawkeye was really fleshed out in his appearance in Thor to where "regular movie folk" are gonna be like "Oh yeah it's that guy from the cameo in Thor!". But you are for the most part correct, they at least should be mentioned somewhere. It's why I think/hope they will be brought in in later movies. I could see a scene at the end of Avengers with Fury saying something about another project in the works or whatever and introducing Hank and Jan.

I don't know. Pure speculation.

I think they were handled great in Ultimates and I would love to see that dynamic on the big screen.

Avengers Lego is awesome. We still have to pick up the DC ones but yeah, we'll definitely be getting these.

Ultimate Houde said:

Pretty much. And really, Hank and Jan aren't all that necessary and if they did show up in this one, it would feel forced.

As it stands, the majority of the audience don't know who they are.

And again, they should only add Jan, since they make each other redundant.

And sorry mike, but the movie is true the source material. Just because they left out two characters you like, doesn't change that.

Last edited:
Maria Hill wasn't in any previous movies & she's showing up. Though I'm mostly saying that to get at Houde. :wink:

Anyways, if Hank & Jan did appear , it wouldn't necessarily feel forced. It's just depend on how they are written in. And they could even still appear (as a surprise/Easter egg/whatever) as just scientist but not heroes. Something like that.

Blech.

If it's about being "true to the source material", then all they'd need to do is rewrite the first few issues of Avengers as a movie script. I'm sure that would turn out to be a fine movie. Uh-huh.

Really, if Ant-Man and Wasp aren't in this movie, it's probably because the screenwriter felt they didn't fit into the story he was trying to tell. It's about being true to the underlying principles of the franchise and making the most polished script possible, not about fanservice.

Maria Hill wasn't in any previous movies & she's showing up. Though I'm mostly saying that to get at Houde. :wink:

Anyways, if Hank & Jan did appear , it wouldn't necessarily feel forced. It's just depend on how they are written in. And they could even still appear (as a surprise/Easter egg/whatever) as just scientist but not heroes. Something like that.
Most likely they will appear as random characters whose names are 'Hank' and 'Janet' -- perhaps the SHIELD scientist and the Avengers' uniform designer -- played by random mostly anonymous character actors and then in a future sequel when they are introduced they will be played by someone else entirely and the movie makers will be all like, "We NEVER said that was Wasp and Ant-Man, we just tricked you."

This would be the Reverse Colossus Rule of Cameo, which would be related to the Billy Dee Williams Theory of Contracts.

And sorry mike, but the movie is true the source material. Just because they left out two characters you like, doesn't change that.

Seriously?

The reason it isn't true to the source material is not because "I like them and they left them out". It's because it isn't true to any origin story of any incarnation of the Avengers in the actual comics. (at least that I am aware of)

And, for the umpteenth time, that is fine. You don't like the characters, you don't want to see them. That is also fine. I'm not trying to change your mind and make you want them in the movie also. All I said is, as a fan boy, it is my preference they were in it. And I hope they are in later ones.

Exactly.

Latest posts

Back