Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
Marvel.com
CARNAGE # 1
The Story: CARNAGE IS BACK! The fan-favorite villain returns to rock the Marvel Universe, with the Amazing Spider-Man and the Invincible Iron Man first on his hit list. But just why and how has Carnage returned, and how many of Marvel's heroes will it take to stop him? Superstar creators Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, NEW MUTANTS) and Clayton Crain (GHOST RIDER, X-FORCE) team up for the Spider-Man epic that'll leave jaws on the floor! Literally! Rated T $3.99

In Stores: Oct 20, 2010

14134storystory_full-5622174..jpg

14134storystory_full-5622178..jpg

EDIT: Also...
Zeb Wells:
Cletus [Kasady] was ripped in half and I think it would be a cheat to say he's survived months in space," Wells says. "I was never a big fan of Cletus anyway, and Clayton had a great take on a new host for the symbiote.

Last edited:
okay... not a fan of the character in general, but LOVING the new design.

Not big on that design, to be honest. Since when is Carnage supposed to look anything like the Spider-Man suit?

I guess we'll see?

Isn't the symbiote supposed to mimic the personality and motives of the host? Possibly (hopefully?) there's a plot reason for it. Possibly (possibly YECH!) the Carnage host wants to be a superhero.

Last edited:
it kind of looks like it might be...

amazingspiderman637+-+tarantula.jpg

Kaine/Tarantula

Good call.

I think it sounds interesting. Kaine as Carnage is a neat idea and sounds like it could open up a lot of story possibilities.

i may be wrong...i feel like i read that the new Carnage host would be a woman, but i can't find it again.

On the other hand, Zeb Wells did say that the host would be conflicted about the murderous impulses the carnage symbiote had, so Kaine fits that pretty well.

EDIT: Oh, it is going to be a woman.

IGN Comics: By starting from scratch are you referring to a new character? Can you tell us a bit about the character? Does this person know Peter Parker?

Wells: She's a civilian who gets sucked in to Spider-Man and Iron Man's world. We're going to see just how much of Carnage's villainy was Cletus, and how much was the symbiote. ... That's enough.

Last edited:
i may be wrong...i feel like i read that the new Carnage host would be a woman, but i can't find it again.

On the other hand, Zeb Wells did say that the host would be conflicted about the murderous impulses the carnage symbiote had, so Kaine fits that pretty well.

I liked your theory, but this is probably for the best.

Not big on that design, to be honest. Since when is Carnage supposed to look anything like the Spider-Man suit?

New host, New look.

Yeah, the new host is female.

Kaine died in the Grim Hunt story, so it couldn't be him anyway.

Last edited:
Kaine died in the Grim Hunt story, so it couldn't be him anyway.

apparently you missed the epilogue on the last page of ASM #633 (the very last page, after the letters). But like Iceshadow said, i posted the epilogue on the first page of this thread.

Last edited:
Dead means dormant!
according to the Spider-editors they planned this out completely. If Kaine died for real he should have turned into clone dust like Ben Reilly did, but he didn't b/c the totem powers weren't done with him yet.

Last edited:
according to the Spider-editors they planned this out completely. If Kaine died for real he should have turned into clone dust like Ben Riley did, but he didn't b/c the totem powers weren't done with him yet.

I really wish he was the new Carnage. I'm disappointed in the story already.

Latest posts

Back