Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
I'm glad to hear were going to get more Civil War soon. It feels like issue one came out a long *** time ago.

the watcher said:
What if it is? Maybe he escaped and locked our Tony away, and is lying in wait for the right moment to strike.

Well in next couple of issues of marvel team up
it looks like he does escape, and if that is what is happening, it would be way to much simalar to Infinte Crisis....... with the Lex Luthors

Anyway here is a trailer with new stuff on Civil War issue 2
but it looks like we only get an extra 2 images if you've seen the Patriot Pictures else where
http://www.marvel.com/news/-1.464

Just read issue 2 and I cant believe they actually did that... I cant wait for one thing out of this whole event, and thats how the hell they will retcon that.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that, Random, but todays issue was pretty damn amazing...

I especially enjoyed:

STATURE: What... What is this place?
CAP: S.H.I.E.L.D. Safe House Number Twenty-Three. One of Twenty-eight such places peppering the globle and only known to thirty-third-degree SHIELD officers.
HULKLING: And how many of them are there exactly?
CAP: Just Nick Fury.

And the ending... Woooie. And Jonah thought this was going to give him some ammunition against Spider-Man. Heh.

I think that Johnny is going to die, and Susan is going to leave Reed when that happens to join up with Captain America. Especially since this is supposedly going to shatter the original four.

I am curious as to what way this is going to ruin Peter's life... Because what's a Marvel event without Peter's life getting ruined? Here's what I think: Peter will turn to the other side, and since he's outed himself, SHIELD is going to come down on his *** and he's going to be a fugitive.

I'm talkin about Spidey revealing his Identity, I know they'll retcon it, I just dont know how. I remember, was it Quesada, who was *****ing about Spidey being married, what about ending his secret identity?

I just saw on yahoo news about the spider-man unmasking thing. I think that is just dumb. So many things are wrong with unmasking him it's not funny. thats just my opinion and thought i would share it

sjmole said:
I just saw on yahoo news about the spider-man unmasking thing. I think that is just dumb. So many things are wrong with unmasking him it's not funny. thats just my opinion and thought i would share it
Yeah, well were not about "opinions" on this forum.

Holy piss!!!! This issue was great. I mean like "Ultimates"-great.

Peter unmasking at the end was just :shock: ......and Jameson's reaction? Priceless.

Plus.....the more gratuitous butt-shots of She-Hulk the better.

Ice said:
DEFINETLY better then the huge opening butt-shot of Wolverine in X-Men. :sick:

I thought you liked that? :p

Random said:
I know they'll retcon it, I just dont know how.

Dr Strange will find Wanda and make her turn everything back the way it was before all the events of "Disassembled".

You laugh.....but how many times has Marvel copped-out like that?

Victor Von Doom said:
I'm still puking, dude.

Victor Von Doom said:
Dr Strange will find Wanda and make her turn everything back the way it was before all the events of "Disassembled".

I said before, but it's hard sometimes to tell if you're kidding or not.

If you're not:

It's going to be very hard to even find Wanda as she's not a mutant. And if she was found, I doubt that she'd get her powers back since I think everyone would want to avoid this whole mess from happening again.
So *IF* it is retconned, doubt it will be that way.

Now, if you are joking:

That was still hilarious.
:lol:

Ice said:
I said before, but it's hard sometimes to tell if you're kidding or not.

A little fom column A.........a little from Column B.

But no....I am joking. But I just think that if they do retcon all this...it'll be something stupid like that.

Does anyone think that Nick Fury will return in wake of all this? Perhaps to join Cap's team?

I don't think that Marvel will retcon Spider-Mans unmasking. At least not in the near future. Mostly because the build up (see Amazing Spider-Man 532 for example), the fan reactions and the media coverage that this has got.
But if they did it would probably be by one of those lame "Peter Parker and Spider-Man side-by-side sights" kind of thing.

Victor Von Doom said:
Does anyone think that Nick Fury will return in wake of all this? Perhaps to join Cap's team?
I expect Fury to be the major force that ends the Civil War in the last issue.

Victor Von Doom said:

"No more 'Civil War'!"

Victor Von Doom said:

Or when Superboy Prime hit reality it will go backj temporarily make some nobody spider-man instead of Peter Parker so now people will think its someone else

I dont know how and I dont know when, but Marvel will make it so this never happened

Random said:
I dont know how and I dont know when, but Marvel will make it so this never happened
I HIGHLY doubt that. Quesada has said they don't do those kinds of things. Because then it was pointless to even do the story before it you're just going to make it so that it never happens at all. Their retcons aren't like that.

When it's not lucrative, they will change again, and believe me, they will find a way to retcon this too, it was great, but i like the masks much more, but then again i dont care about Spiderman.
Yay Young Avengers!

I do find it ironic that Capt America now has to turn to the exact same people he told to hang up the costumes, for help.

Yay Young Avengers indeed.

Latest posts

Back