Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
I just read Civil War #4 again , and noticed that the toy that the woman gave to Tony is a copy of the current Iron Man armor and she said "this is Damien's favorite toy since he was 3."

Problem is , that armor has been around what only 6 months?? Maybe even less , because the armor is created during the Extremis storyline , and right after that came Execute Program , and Civil War is like 1 week after Execute Program.

Question is , when did they get a chance to make a toy of current Iron Man armor andddd how old is Damien?? cuz the woman talked like he is a lot older than 3.
The same reason Franklin Richards is still about 10 while the sons of the Vision and Scarlet Witch are in their late teens. Although Wanda being bat crazy could explain that one. Maybe Hulking's age too, but I'm unsure about when he was supposed to be conceived.

Is anyone else waiting for the Marvel version of a Superboy Punch? We seriously need one.

Last edited:
The same reason Franklin Richards is still about 10 while the sons of the Vision and Scarlet Witch are in their late teens. Although Wanda being bat crazy could explain that one. Maybe Hulking's age too, but I'm unsure about when he was supposed to be conceived.

Is anyone else waiting for the Marvel version of a Superboy Punch? We seriously need one.

And then we've got Kurt Conners son whos actualy de-aged over the years...

I might not be the only one who's said this, but I'm really bothered by the ethical imbalance in the Civil War. Supposedly, it's not good vs. evil, but come on! The Negative Zone gulag? Clone Thor? And look at the way Tony Stark treated Spider-Man. Tony acted like a father figure to him, while at the same time spying on him and letting Norman Osborn out of prison. Norman Osborn slept with his girlfriend, kidnapped the twins of that affair, killed his girlfriend, created evil clones of him, killed the only good clone who was basically SM's brother, and has shown time and again that he has all the ethics and respect for human dignity of a rabid dog. I don't care about those crappy nanobots that are supposed to control the Thunderbolts, that's just wrong. Tony also let out Bullseye, who murders for pleasure (including two of Daredevil's girlfriends). Have you read Choosing Sides? In it, Venom III is gleeful over registration because he's essentially acquitted of all his crimes -his murders- and allowed to walk free, attacking heroes again. Tony isn't just letting murderers out of prison and onto the streets, he's letting men who have killed innocents for pleasure and gone after the family and loved ones of heroes out, while putting heroes into the N-Zone.

That Tony is completely different from the Tony portrayed in the Sentry issue in New Avengers. The Tony in that issue was a man fighting for what he believed in, even though it was emotionally devastating him. He wasn't a man who would twist the Registration Act into an excuse to wrestle all the American metahumans under his fascist control, but that's how Tony is in most of the other comics.

It's like half of the comic book writers got a memo saying "Write an awesome yet heart-rending battle between best friends spurred by inevitable and tragic events" and the other half got a memo saying "Tony Stark is secretly evil and Reed Richards has been replaced by Super Skrull." Instead of Pro- and Anti-Reg, it's Pro- and Anti-Ruling-America-with-Clone-Monsters-and-Enslaving-All-Metahumans. I'm so disappointed.

I might not be the only one who's said this, but I'm really bothered by the ethical imbalance in the Civil War. Supposedly, it's not good vs. evil, but come on! The Negative Zone gulag? Clone Thor? And look at the way Tony Stark treated Spider-Man. Tony acted like a father figure to him, while at the same time spying on him and letting Norman Osborn out of prison. Norman Osborn slept with his girlfriend, kidnapped the twins of that affair, killed his girlfriend, created evil clones of him, killed the only good clone who was basically SM's brother, and has shown time and again that he has all the ethics and respect for human dignity of a rabid dog. I don't care about those crappy nanobots that are supposed to control the Thunderbolts, that's just wrong. Tony also let out Bullseye, who murders for pleasure (including two of Daredevil's girlfriends). Have you read Choosing Sides? In it, Venom III is gleeful over registration because he's essentially acquitted of all his crimes -his murders- and allowed to walk free, attacking heroes again. Tony isn't just letting murderers out of prison and onto the streets, he's letting men who have killed innocents for pleasure and gone after the family and loved ones of heroes out, while putting heroes into the N-Zone.

That Tony is completely different from the Tony portrayed in the Sentry issue in New Avengers. The Tony in that issue was a man fighting for what he believed in, even though it was emotionally devastating him. He wasn't a man who would twist the Registration Act into an excuse to wrestle all the American metahumans under his fascist control, but that's how Tony is in most of the other comics.

It's like half of the comic book writers got a memo saying "Write an awesome yet heart-rending battle between best friends spurred by inevitable and tragic events" and the other half got a memo saying "Tony Stark is secretly evil and Reed Richards has been replaced by Super Skrull." Instead of Pro- and Anti-Reg, it's Pro- and Anti-Ruling-America-with-Clone-Monsters-and-Enslaving-All-Metahumans. I'm so disappointed.

Jokes on you jerk. SUper-Skrull is dead at this point.

I agree with this, except I'm not as disappointed as I am just unimpressed.

newsarama has posted a preview of Civil war #5

CW5Pre_04_t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, yeah, that I hear everyone say. :lol:

Still, did anyone see the [one] preview page of #5 at Newsarama?

If not:

CW5Pre_01.jpg

suuuure you alter my post when it wasn'y really a spoiler at all but then you go willy nilly with that pic thats fair :roll:

suuuure you alter my post when it wasn'y really a spoiler at all but then you go willy nilly with that pic thats fair :roll:
Because I haven't seen that anywhere for previews, and you provided no link. This is official from Newsarama.

Here's the link, forgot to post because I had conversations on IM.

Last edited:
What I find disappointing is that there is a germ of a very good idea here - or at least, a potentially thought-provoking idea here! - but the writers are clearly just not up to the challenge, or their own outlook so clouds their perspective that they can't tackle the subject with anything resembling balance, or subtlety, or complexity. The "pro-reg" forces are portrayed as flat out evil @#$@s, and the "anti-reg" forces are romanticized and lionized. You'd never guess that the "right" the anti-reg forces are fighting for is the right for ANYONE to throw on a mask and operate as an unlicensed, unchecked, vigilante, subject to no law but his/her own - which might work if you are a near saint like Cap, but might just be a BIT more problematic in "the real world".

Instead - simplistic, superficial, narrowminded. Pity.

Shadow

Latest posts

Back