Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
the change was, you had to buy 160 comics to find what the **** was going on. and it did change your life cuz now you not no more money left and you wont look at marvel comics the same again.

:lol: :lol: Now that is funny

the change was, you had to buy 160 comics to find what the **** was going on. and it did change your life cuz now you not no more money left and you wont look at marvel comics the same again.

I honestly don't think it's a greedy ploy by the company to make sure everything fits. It's annoying reading titles with a big event happened and said title just blows off everything that's happening.

I honestly don't think it's a greedy ploy by the company to make sure everything fits. It's annoying reading titles with a big event happened and said title just blows off everything that's happening.

I kinda think it is... I mean, If I had to buy everything I've read to understand fully the Civil War, I wouldn't buy it. I don't like Spiderman and I don't feel like buying his title to get more of an event that should have all explained in the main title. There were too many things in adjacent comics, maybe that was one of the main problems with the Civil war.

Last edited:
I think the same. There just would be too much to put into the main title, and then people would say just give it more page count. 9/10 that will mean more pricing for every issue, then you'll have people complaining about that.

So tie-ins are fine for the most part.

According to Marvel, you don't have to buy every comic to get the story. However, when I complain about how Iron Man is characterized in ASM, for example, I've frequently been told "But that's just from Spider-Man's point of view, you see why Iron Man is acting that way in his own title."

**** that ****.

According to Marvel, you don't have to buy every comic to get the story. However, when I complain about how Iron Man is characterized in ASM, for example, I've frequently been told "But that's just from Spider-Man's point of view, you see why Iron Man is acting that way in his own title."

**** that ****.

It's like, they want their cake - and then eat it too. :p

I totally agree, man. In Civil War, Spidey is on Tony's side, seems a bit, "Hmm, maybe I'm on the wrong side." Next issue, he's fighting Tony to the blammening.

If you say so, Mr Marvel.

I think it's just unfair. It's one of the reasons I dropped ASM.

Well, I didn't buy any other ongoings just to see what was going on with other characters. I bought my regular pull-list and tie-ins like War Crimes. I didn't have a problem following Civil War while not reading the books I didn't want to read.
It's like this weird twilight zone where I keep agreeing with everything you're saying. And I'm not just saying this just for the hell of it or anything, either. I really am on the same page here.

It's like this weird twilight zone where I keep agreeing with everything you're saying. And I'm not just saying this just for the hell of it or anything, either. I really am on the same page here.

I agree. You get what you want and you still get the jist of what's going on regardless of what your picking up. The one shots were my favorite.

So that is the monumental change that makes you view everything different Ice and TheManWithoutFear are agreeing with each other !!!!!!

:lol:

Well, I didn't buy any other ongoings just to see what was going on with other characters. I bought my regular pull-list and tie-ins like War Crimes. I didn't have a problem following Civil War while not reading the books I didn't want to read.

thats because theres a reference made in the main title that is then further explained in the tie-ins. and if your a person that has to know how the Hero's for Hire got dragged into the mix then you have to read there title. if you want to know why black panther is involved and how deep he is, you have buy his tie-in. if you want to know more about the baddies turned good guys you have to read the thunderbolts, otherwise you just sitting there thinking, thats messed up and not, thats some ****ED up ****.

I really thought Civil War 7 went a long way to redeem Tony in my eyes. It did a fantastic job of flipping the story around and making him seem like a good guy again.

But now Front Line 11 comes out and makes him a grad-A piece of crap again.

This ridiculous Machiavellian manuevering is came out of left field and does nothing but utterly destroy Tony once again. I wish this issue never existed.

*reads Frontline 11*

*brain explodes*

But... the... NASCAR? And the... but... murderer! Atlantians! And... the...

AAAAAARGH HATE MARVEL HATE--

I'm going to go read Runaways until I calm down...

Wow, can someone give me a summary? This issue sounds horrible. Hopefully it will shut those fans up who think Frontline was better than the main mini...

Wow, can someone give me a summary? This issue sounds horrible. Hopefully it will shut those fans up who think Frontline was better than the main mini...

Cap is talking to Urich and Sally about why he surrendered. Sally tells him he's out of touch with America because he hasn't fully experienced NASCAR, MySpace, YouTube and The Simpsons.

I'm not making this up.

Oh, and Tony got Norman Osborn to kill the Atlanteans. (I'm not sure how to spell that.) The reporters find out, but they decide to keep it a secret.

It includes the line (paraphrasing here) "Maybe these are the 'good old days'."

**** YOU SALLY. **** YOU IN THE EAR.

Funny thing is that Millar said Tony Stark is the good guy.

One of the things that's been criticized, referenced and talked about the most over the years is that superheroes do not kill, ever. Not Superman or Captain America or Spider-Man. I'm not sure about Batman, but I think not even he's murdered... killed, maybe, but never murdered. When Wonder Woman snapped Lord's neck, it was a big screaming deal.

Tony Stark is a supervillain.

Millar, you got your cynical political allegory in my unrealistic fantasy. It's two great flavors that taste like **** together. Stop it.

I don't see Tony Stark as a bad guy at all. He went to some dangerous extreme measures but he's definitely not the bad guy.

I read Wizard today. There list of all of the "changes" that were made because of Civil War got me thinking about the discussion here. It's funny how you don't see the little things that have happened throughout that have impacted certain things.

I don't see Tony Stark as a bad guy at all. He went to some dangerous extreme measures but he's definitely not the bad guy.

I read Wizard today. There list of all of the "changes" that were made because of Civil War got me thinking about the discussion here. It's funny how you don't see the little things that have happened throughout that have impacted certain things.

Not a bad guy? He made Osborn commit murder. His actions could cause a war between USA and Atlantis and all of that so all heroes could see that his side was the good one. Sorry, but for me heroes don't do murder.

Latest posts

Back