Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
I dunno, cause when I started collecting new Avengers, the first issue was a little bit more. But it could also be the retailer price at my store. And I also forgot about the price/page.

Ice said:
Cardstock cover + 48 pages (with ads). That raises the price.

Oh I know why. But the story wasn't good enough to justify $4. :D

E said:

OOOOOOH!!!!! LOW BLOW, LOW BLOW!

Screw that I loved it 4/5. it was said before; it feels rushed but it's probably meant to be that way.

Last edited:
J. Agamemnon said:
I dunno, cause when I started collecting new Avengers, the first issue was a little bit more. But it could also be the retailer price at my store. And I also forgot about the price/page.
New Avengers #1 was regular $2.99. Maybe you bought the variant? And if it's the regular cover, than it is your store, though I doubt that's supposed to be done.

Cardstock paper is heavier and when it's used, the prices go up on the comic regardless the page number. If it's 32 pages, the price is $3.50. 48, as you can see, would equal $3.99 becuase regular cover 48 pages with ads is $3.50.

E said:
Cuz the story was BETTER than $4. :D

Last edited:
E said:
Are you gonna tell us about how back in the 70's comics were a quarter??

GOD you're so old :twisted:

*hides*

Ice said:
New Avengers #1 was regular $2.99. Maybe you bought the variant? And if it's the regular cover, than it is your store, though I doubt that's supposed to be done.

Cardstock paper is heavier and when it's used, the prices go up on the comic regardless the page number. If it's 32 pages, the price is $3.50. 48, as you can see, would equal $3.99 becuase regular cover 48 pages with ads is $3.50.

Cuz the story was BETTER than $4. :D

I have the one that looks like a semi silhouette. And it had something else and it was 10 or 15 bucks.

slimjim said:
Are you gonna tell us about how back in the 70's comics were a quarter??

GOD you're so old :twisted:

*hides*

Comics were $1.25 when I started collecting. And most of them weren't worth that. :D

They were about a buck when I started buying.

I became fed up and quit buying them when they began ballooning from 1.95 to 2.50.

jeremiahvedder said:
They were about a buck when I started buying.

I became fed up and quit buying them when they began ballooning from 1.95 to 2.50.

That is quite a leap. I remember the last comic I bought as a kid was spiderman chained up and it was a double issue about the clone saga.

It started happening first in the X-Books, if memory serves.

X-books are always the ones that get more expensive before the rest.

So getting back, the transition with Iron Man from trying to stop it (Amazing Spider-Man) and now suddenly being for it....there was none. He goes from "Peter, we must stop this." to "We must let this happen and side with it!" just like that.

:?

Ice said:
So getting back, the transition with Iron Man from trying to stop it (Amazing Spider-Man) and now suddenly being for it....there was none. He goes from "Peter, we must stop this." to "We must let this happen and side with it!" just like that.

:?

See? And we paid $4 for that?

;)

i just dont get iron man turning on cap so fast. these are old school avengers here, long history together, and he's just gonna decide, out of the blue to turn on cap?

The story is okay, but the art is great.

Rorschach said:
i just dont get iron man turning on cap so fast. these are old school avengers here, long history together, and he's just gonna decide, out of the blue to turn on cap?
Fair enough. But even prior to the formation of ANY version of the Avengers, Tony Stark was -- and still is -- a businessman, first and foremost, one whose formal actions, decisions, and strategies are determined by gauging market forces, the public interest, and the good of his balance sheet, whether he's acting as a philanthropist or a munitions dealer. His (reluctant) support for the Registration, as a matter of course, outweighs his loyalty to Cap, as a friend.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Sure, next time Galactus come by, let the president talk to him. :lol:
Maybe Dubya can convince the Hungry 500-ft. Alien to choke on some nachos.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back