Dark Reign Pre-Release discussion (Spoilers).

****. Really? Someone in Marvel Editorial needs to stop letting Bendis hijack the entire Marvel Universe to deal with his unnatural love for these intensely lame aliens.

Skrulls don't have to be lame. They're actually kind of cool. But when Bendis gets hold of them....yeah.

Iron Patriot is Norman Osbourne

That is Venom, not spidey
Bullseye in the Hawkeye suit
Moonstone dressed like Ms. Marvel (the moonstone is a kree artifact, ms. marvel ihas Kree powers)

amd that wolverine is probably Daken, I remember an interview with Dan Way where he said that Bendis wanted to use him

I thought so! :roll: but most likely that crappy scorpion-venom (Have said I hate this character recently)

Last edited:

Moonstone dressed like Ms. Marvel (the moonstone is a kree artifact, ms. marvel ihas Kree powers)

amd that wolverine is probably Daken, I remember an interview with Dan Way where he said that Bendis wanted to use him

Still, it'skinda funny to see what seems to be wolverine in yet another team.

I thought Daken only had two claws in front, one in the back.

That guys has three claws in the front.

Dark Avengers vs New Avengers

dark-reign-event-20081204001157790.jpg

IGN has revealed all the classified solicits detailing to Dark Reign...here.

A couple interesting ideas...The Punisher going after Osborn...Tony Stark fugitive...The Thunderbolts as Avengers....

Most of these will fall flat like all of their ideas do. Bendis likes to use all these characters from other titles and than does nothing with them. Ares, The Sentry, Echo, and now he wants Daken.

I want to get excited and I am a little but they don't have a great track record.

I am not excited at all. I admit, I am intrigued with some of the ideas (Thunderbolts as Avengers, Stark as a fugitive, Osborn and the villains) but I know I will be disappointed. The problem I have with Marvel lately is that they come up with all of these interesting ideas, but the executions are always lame and boring. Secret Invasion is a perfect example. Skrulls having secretly infiltrated SHIELD and have been actually running it for years - they've won. That is a great idea. And yet it descended into a dumb invasion and boring battles... AGAIN. I think the same will happen with Dark Reign - these villains teaming together to perform some ultimate plan is great, but I know it's just going to end up being more fights and fights and fights.

We'll see what happens. It can't get any worse than Skrulls.

I am not excited at all. I admit, I am intrigued with some of the ideas (Thunderbolts as Avengers, Stark as a fugitive, Osborn and the villains) but I know I will be disappointed. The problem I have with Marvel lately is that they come up with all of these interesting ideas, but the executions are always lame and boring. Secret Invasion is a perfect example. Skrulls having secretly infiltrated SHIELD and have been actually running it for years - they've won. That is a great idea. And yet it descended into a dumb invasion and boring battles... AGAIN. I think the same will happen with Dark Reign - these villains teaming together to perform some ultimate plan is great, but I know it's just going to end up being more fights and fights and fights.

We'll see what happens. It can't get any worse than Skrulls.

Yes.
Yes it can.
and it will.
It's a tragedy that so few stories were told in the fallout of Civil War.
And now too few will be told in Dark Reign. At least Civil War was something that could last...you just KNOW Dark Reign is going to lead to another ****ing event.

Wow, the New Avengers are seriously outclassed there.

Anyways, didn't the Thunderbolts already take the Avengers spot once?

Only they weren't called avengers.

But yeah that was when Zemo first formed the team.

Wow, the New Avengers are seriously outclassed there.

Well They have Ms. Marvel.

Anyway, here are some Dark Reing related covers.

secinvdark_cov.jpg

newavn048_cov.jpg

darkavng002_cov.jpg

punisher001_cov_b_col.jpg

dpool007_cov.jpg

Also, Clor returns over at Avengers initiative and is now called Ragnarok.

Last edited:
dark-reign-event-20081204001157790.jpg

I remember when I made a gag about Civil War how "it's not a team without Wolverine"...

Oh great... they are destroying Venom totally...
First they took the tongue, then they took the teeth, now they are destroying the whole mouth thing...

Give him red eyes and you'll be done!
(oops... is that already done?)

Latest posts

Back