Final Crisis series discussion [spoilers]

Superman Beyond 1 was pretty awful, I thought. It made no sense at all. I am not looking forward to reading 2, honestly.

And I ate mushrooms once and certainly didn't get any good ideas from it.

Fried mushrooms don't work the same way as the ones Morrison uses.

So...all the Monitors are vampire gods, and now Ultraman is one.

I admit, they had me up until the Ultraman bit.

So...all the Monitors are vampire gods, and now Ultraman is one.

I admit, they had me up until the Ultraman bit.

No, only Mandrakk is. I think Mandrakk was implied to be the Monitor of Earth-43, thus why he had the vampire thing. Each Monitor takes on characteristics of their represented universes.

TT_12_Oroboros_DCP_017.jpg

Final Crisis is pretty poo.

But you are absolutely right - Secret Invasion is worse. I doubt Morrison would have the final issue climax happen in flashback.

But you are absolutely right - Secret Invasion is worse. I doubt Morrison would have the final issue climax happen in flashback.

The final issue is gonna be in the multiverse. THE MULTIVERSE.

You can't go wrong with multiversal stories.

Yes. Because what this comic really needs right now is a larger canvas with a bigger cast.

:shifty:

Just read the last issue.

I...really don't know what to say? It was better than Secret Invasion's ending, naturally.

Last edited:
You sound kind of disappointed. Good or bad?

It really feels like Morrison was forced to crunch a lot of stuff into one issue. The "main villain" behind it all was little more than a footnote at the end. At least Superman Beyond and Final Crisis tied hand-in-hand, unlike most mini-series associated with a big company crossover.

The ending confused me, but this shouldn't be surprising considering it's Morrison. Are the Monitors all gone now? Did the Black Racer take Darkseid? How did Batman end up at the time that man discovered fire?

Last edited:

...can someone please explain to me what the f*** i just read?

I thought it pretty well sucked.

I really liked the first issue. It had so much promise, so much potential for amazing storytelling.

But it all went to hell after that.

There seem to be so many time jumps within the story itself.

So Supes shows up, then we get a timejump where he is building the machine with Luthor and Sivana, then a time jump to Supes facing Darkseid, then another jump to where Supergirl is talking to kids, then a timejump to Luthor helping Supes fight Darksied's millions, then another jump

It exhausted me.

So I gave up. They beat Vampire Monitor who was a bad guy for some reason with an army of Supermen from the 52 universes.

The end.

SPOKE TO SOON!

Even Bendis wasn't stupid enough to introduce major characters in the final issue. Part of me wonders just what kind of bull**** writing school someone can go to where they decide to open the last chapter of the story with a 6-page introduction sequence for brand-new characters we've never heard of?

The seminal DC book of the year. The 'big one'.

And people wonder why comics aren't selling that well. It's because of **** like this. It's completely unreadable.

I thought it pretty well sucked.

I really liked the first issue. It had so much promise, so much potential for amazing storytelling.

But it all went to hell after that.

Literally! Ba-dum-tish! :D

There seem to be so many time jumps within the story itself.

So Supes shows up, then we get a timejump where he is building the machine with Luthor and Sivana, then a time jump to Supes facing Darkseid, then another jump to where Supergirl is talking to kids, then a timejump to Luthor helping Supes fight Darksied's millions, then another jump

It exhausted me.

So I gave up. They beat Vampire Monitor who was a bad guy for some reason with an army of Supermen from the 52 universes.

The end.

It exhausted me too. Just trying to make sense of what the hell's being going on was hard enough, let alone throwing in multiple different universes, different temporal perspectives and new heroes and villains. I have no real idea what happened.

In fact, the only thing I was sure that happened, didn't happen at all. That being Batman being dead. He's already alive. Whatever.

Then there's the whole, "How did Wonder Woman get free of the Anti-life equation? What the **** did the Black Racer do to Darkseid except change his eye color? Are you really saying that a song killed the god of evil?" And blah blah blah.

No doubt Morrison and the DC editors compromise was this rubbish, but I don't blame the editors for editorializing considering how ****ing incoherent this entire mess is.

#1-5 actually make some sense. #6 and #7 make no ****ing sense at all.

What a terrible, hacked out piece of work. Mandrakk. I've never heard of him, but apparently, he was a bigger deal than Darkseid.

Maybe Morrison should've put him in the series a bit earlier, no?

But then, what would I know? I'm a fanboy with negative comments. It's probably best to ignore me. I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.

The seminal DC book of the year. The 'big one'.

But then, what would I know? I'm a fanboy with negative comments. It's probably best to ignore me. I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.

One of the guys at ifanboy had an article up recently about how mystified he was at the rancor all the pro and anti-Morrison (Anti-Morrison. Heh.) fans have been showing each other recently. I think it's because he's in charge of two of the three highest profile DC events right now, BatRIP, and FC, and fans want to enjoy themselves, or at least to know what's actually happening, and they get frustrated, like me, when they leave the party feeling like they got pantsed and laughed at.

The Boys = vulgarity for vulgarity's sake over plot
Final Crisis = show-off pseudo-intellectual BS and wacky ideas over plot.

Unternet. Good grief.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19743

This review appears to be the long way (and the nice way) to say this was a bunch of nonsensical crap that will have little to no impact on the future DCU.

I haven't even read this yet and I am already disappointed.

Superman wins the day by "wishing for a happy ending"?

Weak.

Latest posts

Back