Frank Miller to Direct "The Spirit"

I want to see series of movies like this.

Sin City, The Spirt, Red Sonja seem to be doing it.

Dick Tracy would be a perfect fit.

I want to see series of movies like this.

Sin City, The Spirt, Red Sonja seem to be doing it.

Dick Tracy would be a perfect fit.

A Robert Rodriguez Dick Tracy would be awesome.

One problem, the Idea for a new Dick Tracy movie was put out and Batey squashed it. He still holds the rights for the Character and he not sure if he wants to do another movie or sell the rights.

I don't think showing Octopus' face is somehow the great travesty everyone makes it out to be. It makes sense that if you're doing a movie, you'd have to give the character a face somehow. Yes, Frank Miller is kicking dirt in Will Eisner's dead face in pretty much every aspect of this adaptation, but I don't think this is one of them.

This movie was 12 different kinds of crazy. I loved it all.

I especially loved his man-whoreness and Sam Jackson's Octopus.

I can't wait to watch this again.

Does anyone else think this movie is going to be a humongous **** sandwich?

My comic book guy is a HUGE Spirit fan, he got to see it with Miller in Vegas a month ago. He got up and threw his popcorn at Miller and walked out.

My comic book guy is a HUGE Spirit fan, he got to see it with Miller in Vegas a month ago. He got up and threw his popcorn at Miller and walked out.

For real? I mean going to see it with Miller.

This is the most intensely bizarre film i've seen all year... Very interesting too, even in terms of technique...

It's not the s***fest I was expecting it to be, but it hardly comes together into a solid, or even very good film...

But what works is so interesting and so engrossing that I can't help but hope Miller's allowed to create further films... Once his style develops and he figures out how to use action in a non-static way, he could create something truly great.

This is the most intensely bizarre film i've seen all year... Very interesting too, even in terms of technique...

It's not the s***fest I was expecting it to be, but it hardly comes together into a solid, or even very good film...

But what works is so interesting and so engrossing that I can't help but hope Miller's allowed to create further films... Once his style develops and he figures out how to use action in a non-static way, he could create something truly great.

I highly doubt he'll ever produce anything of merit. Between this, and Robocop 2 and Robocop 3...his ability to direct/write is a bit overrated.

Ugh, I actually walked out about 2/3 of the way through. First time in a long time that I walked out of a movie.

Heh, it's got a 17% on Rotten Eggs

Last edited:
I highly doubt he'll ever produce anything of merit. Between this, and Robocop 2 and Robocop 3...his ability to direct/write is a bit overrated.

Ugh, I actually walked out about 2/3 of the way through. First time in a long time that I walked out of a movie.

Heh, it's got a 17% on Rotten Eggs

Frank Miller is either a hack who got lucky a few times in the 80s or he is like Stan Lee, works well in certain decade, but sucks once you take him out of it. Either way Miller is way past his prime and is frankly a joke now.

Don't forgot Miller wrote the screen play to Robo Cop 2, which had a "its so bad its good" kinda charm, but was still nothing compared Robo Cop 1.

Last edited:
I much prefer the idea that a super success works well in a certain decade, but not outside of it as opposed to the 'just got lucky' thing (because being lucky more than once makes it less probable it was luck originally).

I think you're right. It certainly explains George Lucas.

Latest posts

Back