Game of Thrones

That was an outstanding episode. Stannis is basically a honey badger in human form. The man just won't quit.

Best line of the episode goes to the Hound though... "Any man dies with a clean sword... I'll rape his ****ing corpse!"

I am continually amazed at the love this show gets. I keep watching hoping it will return to what made it so enjoyable for the first 8 episodes of season 1 but it's just getting worse and worse. I don't get how anyone could think the resolution to BLACKWATER was even remotely satisfying.

I am continually amazed at the love this show gets. I keep watching hoping it will return to what made it so enjoyable for the first 8 episodes of season 1 but it's just getting worse and worse. I don't get how anyone could think the resolution to BLACKWATER was even remotely satisfying.

This is how I felt with the books. The first book had me excited, and I struggled through the second, couldn't even finish the third one.

I've heard the third is very good. But I don't understand what's satisfying about the lannister guy saving everyone. Someone explain it to me?

This is how I felt with the books. The first book had me excited, and I struggled through the second, couldn't even finish the third one.

I thought you gave up because you didn't like how dark they were?

I've heard the third is very good. But I don't understand what's satisfying about the lannister guy saving everyone. Someone explain it to me?

Tywin and Loras's sudden appearance was the weakest part of an otherwise fantastic episode. "Blackwater" was incredibly ambitious and unlike anything I've ever seen before on TV.

Its the fact that no one major has died yet, except Renly Baratheon. also there have been no major shifts in power since the beginning of the show.

While in the 1st season Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, and Khal Drogo, were all killed shifting the whole balance of power on the show and kept it interesting

The costume, hair and makeup people have continued to do fantastic job on the show.

edit: last nights episode wasn't to bad it reminded me of LotR 2 The battle at Helm's Deep.

Last edited:
That was an outstanding episode. Stannis is basically a honey badger in human form. The man just won't quit.

Best line of the episode goes to the Hound though... "Any man dies with a clean sword... I'll rape his ****ing corpse!"

Loved that line!

And then how he ran off shortly thereafter

I first watched the season1 and it freakin rocked! Saw season2 not that great, now I'm reading the books. Watching the show and then reading it helped me a lot visualy. Can't wait for season3!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Season 3 has been good so far, although I'm
Having a bit of trouble thinking of it and the books as completely separate entities, which I believe is hampering my appreciation for the show. I also think that the show is much better when watched all together over a week or two rather than one episode a week. Looking forward to doing that with season 3 once it is over. I'm
Glad they are doing the Jaime/Briene storyline justice, as it is probably my favorite story arc in any if the books.

That last sequence with
Dany kicking ass
was so good it hurt. Everuthng about it perfectly captured what made it stand out in the books. Book spoilers:
Its too bad her story only gets worse from here.

Anyone else feel like they want a prequel movie or book?

Part of me would love a prequel book focusing on Robert's Rebellion. But part of me thinks it would be a mistake. It seems that fantasy prequels are always a bit of a letdown (Star Wars, The Hobbit, etc). Part of the fun of the books is that you get to imagine the past the same way the characters in the book do. They are these mythical, epic stories of the past that are built up in your imagination into something that can't be topped on screen.

Yep you are right it imagining it is half the fun, though it did help me imagine the characters when I saw the series.

Part of me would love a prequel book focusing on Robert's Rebellion. But part of me thinks it would be a mistake. It seems that fantasy prequels are always a bit of a letdown (Star Wars, The Hobbit, etc). Part of the fun of the books is that you get to imagine the past the same way the characters in the book do. They are these mythical, epic stories of the past that are built up in your imagination into something that can't be topped on screen.
Heard HBO is working on one.

Heard HBO is working on one.

From what I can tell the new show would be based on some prequel novellas he wrote called Tales of Dunk and Egg, which are set like 100 years before the beginning of Game of Thrones. So it seemingly wouldn't follow Robert's Rebellion or any of that cool stuff. I really know nothing about them, so I don't know how cool that show would be. Might be a cool idea for HBO to do that when they eventually catch up with the books (which I think is highly likely).

I find this absurdly funny:

[video=youtube;Jx4vnLg4JUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx4vnLg4JUA[/video]

(I feel I need to give context, just in case: when episode 3 was first pirated onto the 'net, one torrent had that punk-ish version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair start up about two minutes early, and so it was going for much of the "Jaime-on-the-chopping-block" scene, making the whole thing a tad inappropriately hilarious. That's what this is a reference to)

As a book reader, I knew it was coming and still found it incredibly brutal. Part of it is that the murder of
Talisa
isn't in the book. I wonder if fans being angry about this will turn them off from the rest of the series. I hope not, as it's probably the best thing on TV.

Latest posts

Back