Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Iron Man?

• Total voters
Does anyone know if Mark Millar - or better yet, Bryan Hitch - has commented about the Sam Jackson / Fury scene, seeing as how he/they designed Ultimate Nick Fury to look like Samuel L. Jackson?

Does anyone know if Mark Millar - or better yet, Bryan Hitch - has commented about the Sam Jackson / Fury scene, seeing as how he/they designed Ultimate Nick Fury to look like Samuel L. Jackson?
No problem, Mark baby. I'll see you on Tuesday.

*Closes cell phone*

Yeah, Millar has replied saying he loved it, thought it was great. Hitch has not replied about it. Millar thought it was also great that not a lot of people knew about the extra scene, so that they'd go back to see the movie again to see Fury appear, and I've talked to a couple people saying that they would do that.

She's never seen any film that has any sex scenes in them, however brief the bit between Stark and the reporter may have been (I can't remember, I saw it opening weekend). Who knows what she even thought was going on there? I watched Ferris Bueller with my 11-year-old brother today, fully aware that it's not really for his age group, except I had scene it when I was 8 or 9 -- against my parents' wishes -- and most of the explicit references to sex went over my head. And since he's been to overnight camp, and god knows what they expose kids to there, I thought it would be OK to let him watch. Surprisingly, he still gets super-squeamish during even the tame kissing scenes, which I got over around the age of, oh, I don't know, 3, but that's a whole 'nother thing to be worried about. (Kidding. :p )

She's never seen any film that has any sex scenes in them, however brief the bit between Stark and the reporter may have been (I can't remember, I saw it opening weekend). Who knows what she even thought was going on there? I watched Ferris Bueller with my 11-year-old brother today, fully aware that it's not really for his age group, except I had scene it when I was 8 or 9 -- against my parents' wishes -- and most of the explicit references to sex went over my head. And since he's been to overnight camp, and god knows what they expose kids to there, I thought it would be OK to let him watch. Surprisingly, he still gets super-squeamish during even the tame kissing scenes, which I got over around the age of, oh, I don't know, 3, but that's a whole 'nother thing to be worried about. (Kidding. :p )

That's why, by your own good judgement, you cover your brother/sisters' eyes when a scene you don't aprove of comes up.

I could explain why I don't approve of doing that, but then I'd just sound stuffy. :wink:

Regardless, you either make the decision or don't and then stand by it. If you find yourself questioning your methods then you obviously think somethign is flawed. What you need to do is reassess how you handle or difuse these kind of situation and find a solution and act accordingly. If you don't like to cover their eyes but don't agree with your sister watching stark make out, then drop some candy or popcorn on the floor and say "WHOOPS, you need to pick that up for the next 5 minutes or until I say I don't want it."

Not trying to really tell you how to run things, just something to think about. Also today is my Friday and this last hour couldn't go any slower. I'm going to the Zoo wednesday...if money allows.

I had no idea she was going to watch it; the rest of my family ('sides me) was on a plane and it's what they were showing. So who knows? They may have even cut that scene from the film for the airlines. But I doubt it.

I had no idea she was going to watch it; the rest of my family ('sides me) was on a plane and it's what they were showing. So who knows? They may have even cut that scene from the film for the airlines. But I doubt it.

well that changes things entirely, tie your parents up and beat them bloody. Or give them your two cents, whatever works.

When I was a kid the only movie I wasn't allowed to watch was Born on the Forth of July.

Of course, movies were tougher back then too, especially kids movies.

I watched Young Guns constantly when I was 8/9 for Christ's sake.

Movies don't hurt kids.

Re: Iron Man movie news.

Soaring Hi-Def Features on Blu-ray:

One of the most anticipated releases of the year, the IRON MAN Blu-ray presentation offers even more exclusive content for an incredible entertainment experience including a "Hall of Armor" that allows fans to enter the Stark database to zoom in on any of the three Iron Man suits -- or Iron Monger. They can then activate the digital 3-D schematics to check out every weapon and the full high-definition renders let users fly around each suit to explore each of the armors in comprehensive detail.

The "Iron Man IQ" is a user-friendly web application that lets users create and share new multiple choice quizzes based on clips from the film. Fans can also download other users' challenges via BD-Live.

more info and dvd info http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7578

Holy crap. The bluray features sound great. I really want to try out that IQ hopefully we can send the questions via ps3

Re: Iron Man movie news.

What the ****? I posted this in the iron man movie news thread why is it showing as it's own thread?

Edit : Ok now it's just screwing with me
No, I was just moving it out of the old movie news thread to the discussion thread.

Latest posts

Back