Justice League: To the silver screen!

This really seems like it's going to go down in movie history as one of those disasterous productions that goes through a bunch of horribly disorganized fiascos during every stage of its making, all the while frittering its budget up to 250 million dollars and opens a critically and culturally derided bomb that grosses less than half its price tag and goes on to be joked about in infamy for the next 5 decades.

Cleopatra with capes, they'll say!

You'd think they'd stop now while they still can. Maybe they think it'll make loads of money.

Last edited:
It's funny how my expectations for a JLA movie keep declining and expectations for an Avengers movie keeps raising.

You think this'll be better than the campy pilot they made in the 90s? I still haven't seen that yet, but that sounded really awful. At least this one might have better special effects.

You think this'll be better than the campy pilot they made in the 90s? I still haven't seen that yet, but that sounded really awful. At least this one might have better special effects.
I saw it on Cinemax a year or so ago.

They pitted their terrible "Justice League" movie against my infallible instinctual knowledge of that which is right... It was so utterly wrong a film that not even I could forgive it.

Yeah this is gonna suck. Should've done the full CGI.

Should it could be better than that. I was mostly pointing out that Marvel is definetly doing the right thing by establishing a continuity and getting the right actors before going with the Avengers route. Even hearing the rumors of the crossover cameos in Iron Man and the Hulk have me excited. Sadly DC is missing an oppurtunity here with this film.

That wasn't all bad. Most of it was terrible, but I sort of liked Green Lantern's costume at the very least and the special effects were fine. Plus, nothing with Miguel Ferrer is totally devoid of quality. :lol:

This JLA movie...will be worse. Far worse.

CBR:

Is it working or not? A report at IGN claims that most of the cast for the George Miller-helmed DC movie are in Australia and ready to start lensing, but the production is in chaos.

Main cast confirmed (yes I have it in spoiler tags, deal with it):

Armie Hammer as Batman (21, Los Angeles, California).

D.J. Cotrona as Superman (27, Wallingford, Connecticut).

Megan Gale as Wonder Woman (31, Perth, Australia).

Adam Brody as The Flash (28, San Diego, California).

Common as Green Lantern (35, Chicago, Illinois).

Anton Yelchin as Aquaman or Villain (role unconfirmed) (18, Leningrad, Russia).

Teresa Palmer as Talia Al Ghul (21, Adelaide, Australia).

Main cast confirmed (yes I have it in spoiler tags, deal with it):

Is that REALLY confirmed?

Source?

I recall seeing a similar list mentioned just yesterday in a story about the movie being pushed back, but the same article also mentioned that this cast is STILL unconfirmed.

Is that REALLY confirmed?

Source?

I recall seeing a similar list mentioned just yesterday in a story about the movie being pushed back, but the same article also mentioned that this cast is STILL unconfirmed.

From Obsessed With Film:
Trades confirm delay and reveal full cast for JLA
The trades have confirmed last night's breaking news that the JUSTICE LEAGUE film had been put on "indefinite hold" due to problems with the script that were unsolvable with the WGA strike ongoing.

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter separately have revealed the names of the actors who were all contracted to the picture since November and who must now find other work in the hope that if this JLA picture ever gets off the ground again, they will still be wanted by WB for the parts.

Boy did we dodge a bullet there. To be fair to Hammer and Cotrona, none of us know anything about those two guys… for all we know they could be the new Christopher Reeve and Christian Bale.

It was never so much the cast that bothered me it was just everything else that went around it. The storyline they were going for, the in and out continuity (Talia storyline was to intercut with BATMAN BEGINS), the timing of it and I just don't think we as a movie going audience are ready for this yet.

What we can hope for now is that the JLA is delayed past the Summer, another director takes on Superman… gives Brandon Routh some real material and then hopefully our geek favourite Christian Bale can be tempted to star in a team-up movie.

Hell he'll do McG's version of the TERMINATOR. It can't be beyond the realms of possibility.

Ok...so I've ignored the past 10 pages of this thread with the "will they/won't they" and "CGI/real" arguments........but can anyone confirm whether or not this will CGI motion capture or live action?

With that said, aside from Common and Brody.....I have no clue who the rest of these people are. If they're serving as voices and character models, then fine. Most of them have the look....but I don't about the voices.

Common would make a pretty decent GL (voice-wise) and Brody would make an awesome Flash (as his style of acting/comedy will blend well with the carefree Flash from JLU).

The rest of them? Dunno.

Ok...so I've ignored the past 10 pages of this thread with the "will they/won't they" and "CGI/real" arguments....
Honestly, the Justice League news put me to sleep.

I'm not saying that a Justice League movie is boring, or that this movie sounds bad.

What I'm saying is that the news stream is just ******* boring. Like, even more boring than the buzz between Pierce Brosnan's last Bond film and Craig's first.

Which is why I stopped trading shares of the damn movie on HSX. At least Marvel is much better at cockteasing us all with Avengers.

The Justice League movie has been retitled "Justice League Mortal." What the ****?

Hugh Keays-Bryne, an Indian-born British actor, will be playing Martian Manhunter.

Full Speed Ahead for Justice League
Source: Variety
February 26, 2008

Now that the writers strike has been resolved, Warner Bros. is pushing ahead with its plans to make Justice League in time for a 2009 debut, reports Variety.

Warners tried to get the big screen adaptation into production earlier, but put it on indefinite hold in January, allowing the cast options to expire. At the time, the studio said it didn't want to move ahead until the screenwriters had another shot at the script.

Writers Kieran and Michele Mulroney are busy polishing up the script, which is expected back at the studio in several weeks, and the cast has been advised to keep training for their superhero roles. Director George Miller is in pre-production in Australia.

Adam Brody, cast as the Flash, is the biggest star in the superhero lineup. Rapper Common nabbed the Green Lantern role; other roles went to lesser-known actors such as Armie Hammer Jr. (Batman) and Megan Gale (Wonder Woman).

The trade adds that Justice League, based on the DC Comic, is a huge priority for the studio and considered a launching pad for future superhero projects down the line.

Sounds cool

Latest posts

Back