Lost *spoilers*

ProjectX2 said:
I've seen every episode. I want to get the DVD set...

Me too. I didn't start watching until about halfway through the first season, so I downloaded the first half to catch up. Its a great show, looking forward to Season 2. The spoiler for the first episode sounds interesting. I'm just wondering what the hell is going on with the hatch, the mysterious animal, etc.

I just really hope the explanation doesn't involve some government experiment.

So far I've watched the first 9 episodes (again) on the DVD, I've watched the Pilot: Part One commentary, I've watched a bunch of Disc 7 stuff, AND I think I've found all the Easter Eggs. Thank god my mom knows French. Oh, and, as a surprise, my Dad, for like no reason, got me the official companion book that includes a DVD with material not on the Box Set. I am happy.

Oh and George Bush doesn't care about Black Sabbath.

Today I watched "Tabula Rasa", "Whatever the Case May Be", and "Numbers" (another favorite). While watching Numbers, I found an interesting little thing: Hurley's lawyer tells him that "he's now the majority shareholder of a box company in Tuscon". Now can anyone remember what kind of company Locke worked for? I love LOST. Tonight I'm watching "Born to Run" and "Hearts and Minds". Tomorrow I'll probably watch the season finale one last time in preparation for Wednesday. :D

moonmaster said:
Today I watched "Tabula Rasa", "Whatever the Case May Be", and "Numbers" (another favorite). While watching Numbers, I found an interesting little thing: Hurley's lawyer tells him that "he's now the majority shareholder of a box company in Tuscon". Now can anyone remember what kind of company Locke worked for? I love LOST. Tonight I'm watching "Born to Run" and "Hearts and Minds". Tomorrow I'll probably watch the season finale one last time in preparation for Wednesday. :D

I caught that the first time I saw it. There's hundreds of little fun cameos like that. LOST is my favourite TV series. Ever.

Some things I totally forgot about:

-The French Woman says that the transmissions are coming from the Black Rock. Now that we know what the Black Rock really is, I'm wondering if there's something else there...

-She also said that she had to kill her friends because they were "sick". Now this could be her insaneness and all, but she later mention while on the way to the Black Rock "This is where they first got sick. This is where (forgot the person's name) lost his arm". What would cause him to lose his arm?...

Here's my theory for whats in the hatch:

Turns out the "Others" are a group of Colombian drug cartel enforcers/grunts. They're on the island growing cocaine and marijuana, which they just so happen to be doing underground, otherwise they might have a "The Beach" situation arise. Hence the light from the hatch. I think when Kate goes down into it, she accidentally tripped the timer which controls the lights, hence them turning on, but it shorts due to the explosion. So it turns back off. And...uh...then...um...they all go into the hatch and get ripped. Yeah, thats it. Then, Cheech and Chong show up with the resurrected Timothy Leary, and it turns into a psychedelic party for all. And it turns out Leary has been on the island the whole time, adding LSD to the water supply, hence everyone's trippy experiences and stuff. They all get the munchies and eat all the food, and from there on out slowly starve to death in a drug-induced haze as they're too lazy to go hunting and gathering for food.

The moral lesson: drugs are bad. But alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription painkillers are still ok.

THE END

DIrishB said:

Turns out the "Others" are a group of Colombian drug cartel enforcers/grunts. They're on the island growing cocaine and marijuana, which they just so happen to be doing underground, otherwise they might have a "The Beach" situation arise. Hence the light from the hatch. I think when Kate goes down into it, she accidentally tripped the timer which controls the lights, hence them turning on, but it shorts due to the explosion. So it turns back off. And...uh...then...um...they all go into the hatch and get ripped. Yeah, thats it. Then, Cheech and Chong show up with the resurrected Timothy Leary, and it turns into a psychedelic party for all. And it turns out Leary has been on the island the whole time, adding LSD to the water supply, hence everyone's trippy experiences and stuff. They all get the munchies and eat all the food, and from there on out slowly starve to death in a drug-induced haze as they're too lazy to go hunting and gathering for food.

The moral lesson: drugs are bad. But alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription painkillers are still ok.

THE END

What are all the computers for?

DIrishB said:

THE END
Duuuuudddddeee.....

...there's like......a monster.................in the forest......

.....and.......

...some polar bea-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!....

Good stuff tonight. I'm not disappointed but am still really anxious to see what happened to the raftsmen? Can I call them that?

Anyway, I realized how little happened when my cousin came in and I had little to tell him about it.

But still it's all good and still keeps the heart beating.

The whole backstory with the Hospital almost had me crying at the end. Which is reminds me of House M.D. last night so I have to go comment in that thread now.

but Lost Premiere

4/5

I love that song he was playing down there. I always like when shows/movies play really happy songs during not-so-happy moments. I think it's funny.

Mmmm.... Lost is back. Who else thought that WASN'T Vincent when they first saw him?

Now Shannon's heard the whispers, along with Danielle, Sawyer, and Sayid.

Now I know Jack's the "Man Of Science" and everything, but he really pissed me off when he didn't even react to Hurley's story. I mean, come on!

4 8 15 16 23 42

shgbklsfgbvks

Walt speaking while his lips were moving to something else freaked me out.

I didn't find the ending touching, I just thought it concerning that the Doctor doesn't even know if she's paralyzed or not. I mean, how did he miss that?

And Finally......

Yeah. That guy. Hehehehehe....

For some reason (and believe me, I didn't read the spoilers), the moment I saw a second person running up the stairs (actually, it was once I saw the back of his hair), I thought to myself, Man, Wouldn't it Be Something if he was what was down there?

And then, once he said "See you in another life", I knew. The shoes at the bottom confirmed it, along with the drug he took at the beginning of the ep.

Wow.

It'll never be as good as last season, but it was still a bit of a letdown. Now, I'm only talking about this episode. I have full confidence that it will be getting better and better every week.

ultimatedjf said:
I love that song he was playing down there. I always like when shows/movies play really happy songs during not-so-happy moments. I think it's funny.

More evidence of a pothead living in the hatch.

Mmmm.... Lost is back. Who else thought that WASN'T Vincent when they first saw him?

Now Shannon's heard the whispers, along with Danielle, Sawyer, and Sayid.

More evidence for the LSD being added to their water supply.

Now I know Jack's the "Man Of Science" and everything, but he really pissed me off when he didn't even react to Hurley's story. I mean, come on!

4 8 15 16 23 42

shgbklsfgbvks

Walt speaking while his lips were moving to something else freaked me out.

I didn't find the ending touching, I just thought it concerning that the Doctor doesn't even know if she's paralyzed or not. I mean, how did he miss that?

And Finally......

Yeah. That guy. Hehehehehe....

Ok, so instead of Colombian its an Irish guy.

For some reason (and believe me, I didn't read the spoilers), the moment I saw a second person running up the stairs (actually, it was once I saw the back of his hair), I thought to myself, Man, Wouldn't it Be Something if he was what was down there?

And then, once he said "See you in another life", I knew. The shoes at the bottom confirmed it, along with the drug he took at the beginning of the ep.

Wow.

It'll never be as good as last season, but it was still a bit of a letdown. Now, I'm only talking about this episode. I have full confidence that it will be getting better and better every week.

I liked it. Thought it was pretty interesting, and kept me from flipping channels even during the commercial. Now I just want to see the big room full of plants he's growing to give my theory fruition. And I can't wait for Cheech and Chong to show up. $20 says Cheech gets into Kate's pants by the end of their first episode. ;)

The episode was good, but I had a problem with the fact that there wasn't much going on. This is supposed to be the episode that sets the stage and pace for the rest of the season, yet all it accomplishes is to reiterate some of things that happened in Season One's finale and only added a bit to the beginning and end.

The flashback was very cool. Here we have Jack going through the same thing he is on the island. The way the writers tie that all together really strengthens the characters.

The "Brother", Desmond, in the Hatch has me scratching his head. I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "it's a small world" deal. Obviously, he's got something to do with why Jack is on the island. If I had to make I guess, I would say the computer operated the Monster and that Desmond is one of the Others, however, this theory adds more questions than answers. Typical, I guess.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the Raftmen, as MwoF said. Their survival story is probably more interesting than what is going on on the island.

Loved it.

Those of you who expected a bunch of stuff to be revealed,...well, maybe you shouldn't be watching LOST. :lol: I, for one, thought the episode was great. From the "holy crap!" exclamation when I realized that the guy in the beginning was in the hatch (BEST. OPENING SCENE. EVER.) to the realization that Desmund was the guy (I knew it when he talked about meeting in another life).

I've started to form some theorys. 1: the computer is controlling the Monster. Remember, he presses the "EXECUTE" button at the beginning, and does his morning rituals which could have taken a few hours. Now, what was happening to Jack, Locke, Kate and Hurley a few hours before they blew open the hatch? Being chased by the Monster. 2: I think Desmund may be the person behind why each person is on the island. He spoke to Jack at a very pivotal point in his life and possibly sending it down a specific path. I think that Desmund will pop up in flashbacks throughout the season, posing as different people and advising characters at important moments in their life (maybe telling Locke about destiny after the accident that paralyzed him, advising Hurley that he should spend some time at a psych ward...) and nudging their lives closer to that flight and that island.

And not showing what happened to the Raftsmen should've been expected. Remember that after Lock and Boone found the hatch we didn't see it again until two episodes later. We'll probably know what happened to them in the next episode.

Oh and one more thing:
"MAAAAKKEEE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC!
EVEN IF NOBODY'S LISTENING!
MAAAAKKEEE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC!
EVEN
IF
NO
BODY
SINGS
ALOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!"

moonmaster said:
Loved it.

Those of you who expected a bunch of stuff to be revealed,...well, maybe you shouldn't be watching LOST. :lol: I, for one, thought the episode was great. From the "holy crap!" exclamation when I realized that the guy in the beginning was in the hatch (BEST. OPENING SCENE. EVER.) to the realization that Desmund was the guy (I knew it when he talked about meeting in another life).

I've started to form some theorys. 1: the computer is controlling the Monster. Remember, he presses the "EXECUTE" button at the beginning, and does his morning rituals which could have taken a few hours. Now, what was happening to Jack, Locke, Kate and Hurley a few hours before they blew open the hatch? Being chased by the Monster. 2: I think Desmund may be the person behind why each person is on the island. He spoke to Jack at a very pivotal point in his life and possibly sending it down a specific path. I think that Desmund will pop up in flashbacks throughout the season, posing as different people and advising characters at important moments in their life (maybe telling Locke about destiny after the accident that paralyzed him, advising Hurley that he should spend some time at a psych ward...) and nudging their lives closer to that flight and that island.

And not showing what happened to the Raftsmen should've been expected. Remember that after Lock and Boone found the hatch we didn't see it again until two episodes later. We'll probably know what happened to them in the next episode.

Oh and one more thing:
"MAAAAKKEEE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC!
EVEN IF NOBODY'S LISTENING!
MAAAAKKEEE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC!
EVEN
IF
NO
BODY
SINGS
ALOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!"

Thats what I was thinking. I'm also wondering if that giant magnet underground isn't responsible for the plane crash itself the communication difficulties using the transmitter early on in the first season (besides them not being high up enough).

DIrishB said:
Thats what I was thinking. I'm also wondering if that giant magnet underground isn't responsible for the plane crash itself the communication difficulties using the transmitter early on in the first season (besides them not being high up enough).
Ooooo, never thought about that. That would be awesome.

So after seeing that the title of the second episode is "Adrift" I'm sure that it'll focus on the raft survivors. I just found an article about the second season with a few interesting tidbits: Apparently the Raftsmen are going to be attacked by sharks after the Raft is destroyed; We won't get a very solid explaination of the hatch situation until Ep. 3; The two groups of survivors ain't gonna get along and "things are going to get violent"; Someone on the show has already been informed that their character will die soon.

moonmaster said:
Ooooo, never thought about that. That would be awesome.

So after seeing that the title of the second episode is "Adrift" I'm sure that it'll focus on the raft survivors.

Yup, if I remember correctly it focuses on Michael and more of his past as well. And with Orientation being the title of episode 3 I'm thinking it addresses the purpose of the hatch...to some degree. We all know the big secrets won't be revealed right away.

I just found an article about the second season with a few interesting tidbits: Apparently the Raftsmen are going to be attacked by sharks after the Raft is destroyed; We won't get a very solid explaination of the hatch situation until Ep. 3; The two groups of survivors ain't gonna get along and "things are going to get violent"; Someone on the show has already been informed that their character will die soon.

Hopefully not Locke or Hurley, they're the best characters on the show. Hurley looks, sounds, and acts just like a much fatter version of a buddy of mine from high school named Candusso.

Latest posts

Back