Yes.

And that's the good stuff.

Sentry was one of my favorite characters until I read Miracleman and realized it's a MM ripoff.

I don't think it is. The premise of a unbelievably powerful superhero starting to remember that he was, is similar, yes, but the character of the Sentry is very different to the character of Miracleman. Not only that, but the plot is also very different, dealing with a conspiracy and a returning evil. It was about Sentry waking up into a superhero world as something evil returned, whereas Miracleman is about Miracleman waking up and creating a superhero world. The focus of the stories and the characters in them are markedly different, as was their execution. The only similarity is that the main character in both are amensiac superheroes. It's the same for The Eternals. The amnesiac with the ability to change the world has been a staple of science-fiction and fantasy for a long time, and I don't think it's really fair to chastise Sentry using that convention. It would if it was cliche and poor, but the Sentry, the original mini, I think is very well done indeed and uses that convention well.

Last edited:
It would if it was cliche and poor, but the Sentry, the original mini, I think is very well done indeed and uses that convention well.

I don't disagree. It's a fantastic mini.

But at its core, it's a Miracleman ripoff (maybe that's too strong of a word, because there are some things it did better than Miracleman). There are differences, sure, but more than anything I think the second mini (the one that came out last year or so) shows perfectly that there was no additional depth to the character. Not a horrible thing; I think that's all it was supposed to be. But still.

I just realized I probably came off as overly critical of Sentry...I still love the character, but one of the things I loved about it was the originality factor. Then I found out it's not quite as original as I had thought.

It's still one of the best things Marvel has ever published.

I - once again - looked at #16 of MIRACLEMAN.

An hour later, I'm cogent enough to post.

MIRACLEMAN... I'm speechless. To think where it STARTS and where it ENDS. To look at that giant floating city and to think back to Mike Moran's dreams in the first issue... oof.

Last edited:
I - once again - looked at #16 of MIRACLEMAN.

An hour later, I'm cogent enough to post.

MIRACLEMAN... I'm speechless. To think where it STARTS and where it ENDS. To look at that giant floating city and to think back to Mike Moran's dreams in the first issue... oof.

I much as I want to read this I can't find the book anywhere.

Not a problem at all. PM me your email.

That's cool of you.

Bass sent me the issues too. I've since gone back and slowly tried to find the issues at cons. My LCS had a few as well. I think I've got like the first 7 or 8 issues.

I had the issues on my laptop, but it crashed or something and everything was deleted.

I can't open these up on my computer. I think I downloaded the right thing but it won't open.

I can't open these up on my computer. I think I downloaded the right thing but it won't open.

Ok, which point is it giving you trouble? Can you not get download the files? Are they not unzipping? Or can you not read them? Let me know, and if we can't figure it out we can set up a different exchange.

Ok, which point is it giving you trouble? Can you not get download the files? Are they not unzipping? Or can you not read them? Let me know, and if we can't figure it out we can set up a different exchange.

It had me download something called Pando. I downloaded that but its not opening up. Maybe there's another way we can send it.

Honestly I know nothing of computers.

I'm just not sure why it's not working. Did pando download and install successfully? After that, all you should have to do is go to your email and open the attachment and it should start downloading.

We can try a torrent, but you're going to have to get a torrent downloader, which isn't to hard. Do you use Windows or Mac?

Hold on. Is the file extension cbr or cbz? Because if so, you just need comic display. A simple search in google will turn something up to view it with.

Hold on. Is the file extension cbr or cbz? Because if so, you just need comic display. A simple search in google will turn something up to view it with.

This, assuming you're running Windows.

Latest posts

Back