E said:
Do you not use CDisplay? If not, get it (it's free). If so, all you have to do is rename the files from ".rar" to ".cbr" and they will open in CDisplay normally.

Yes, I have CDisplay. I'll try this. Thanks!

Okay, since DiB and Marvelman both want it sent out - I will send it out again.

If you want a copy of the series, send me an e-mail with "MIRACLEMAN MIRACLEMAN MIRACLEMAN" as the subject.

I will send out #1 tomorrow.

Blasphemy!

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Everynow and again, I like being a fanboy. :D

I might do some time as I have 'em on my computer, but I'm not really interested at the moment.

I saw the first 4 issues of this on eBay for $10.

But the TPB is out of print and hard to find and is over $100 if you can find a copy.

Does $10 for the first 4 issues sound about right?

E said:
I saw the first 4 issues of this on eBay for $10.

But the TPB is out of print and hard to find and is over $100 if you can find a copy.

Does $10 for the first 4 issues sound about right?

I guess that's pretty good. There are other ways to obtain them.

But not by a Jedi...

ProjectX2 said:
I guess that's pretty good. There are other ways to obtain them.

But not by a Jedi...

Oh, I know. I always prefer having the original comics or TPBs if possible if I like the story. I haven't read all of Miracleman yet, but so far me likey.

I've got the first two issues, and they were a couple of quid each.

$10 is fine for the first four issues.

But you'll never get #15. There's a copy in my store for 35 pounds, and #16 is 10 pounds, and I've contemplated buying them... but it's just too much.

It needs to be reprinted.

Bass said:
I've got the first two issues, and they were a couple of quid each.

$10 is fine for the first four issues.

But you'll never get #15. There's a copy in my store for 35 pounds, and #16 is 10 pounds, and I've contemplated buying them... but it's just too much.

It needs to be reprinted.

I was just reading an article on Wikipedia about the lawsuit between McFarlane and Gaiman and the other guy who thinks he owns a copyright on it...it made it sound like a reprint is not too far off actually.

35 pounds = about $61...I've spent more than that on a single comic before. That's not a big deal to me if the book is good.

Are #15 & 16 super rare or something?

E said:
I was just reading an article on Wikipedia about the lawsuit between McFarlane and Gaiman and the other guy who thinks he owns a copyright on it...it made it sound like a reprint is not too far off actually.

Yeah. People were optimistic 10 years ago too. C|:{

E said:
35 pounds = about $61...I've spent more than that on a single comic before. That's not a big deal to me if the book is good.

G33k.

E said:
Are #15 & 16 super rare or something?

They're the final issues to Moore's run.

If you read 'em, you'd realise they're worth five times that amount.

marvelman said:
golly gee whiz bass, you still havent sent the miracleman stuffs!

comon, man!

I was waiting for some other people to send me e-mail, but they failed because they're an ***. So I'll send you a couple tonight. ^_^

Bass, I heart you.

EDIT: maybe they don't know your email?? or didnt know its on one of the first couple-a pages of this thread? o well. :-D

Last edited:
So, I'm sending the issues, and I shiver, because well - they're the greatest comics I've read.

He's not exaggerating folks.

I must have the next issue.

It is honestly one of my new favorite stories ever, and I think I may print them and make a makeshift TPB.

That's a good idea actually. I may do that too.

Also (I just pmd this to Marvelman), the first thing in the series (the Chrono-Gestapo or whatever) has to me - something that...

When they Miraclefamily laugh and then it freezes and goes, "I teach you the superman! He is this madness! He is this lightning!"

I have never, ever, in my history of experiencing stories, been so terrified of impending doom. I have yet to feel such a shiver down my spine as that one page.

Did anyone else, from that one page, just go... "Oh God" in... I don't know. Terror I suppose. This real sense of - we're all ****ed.

That one page, when you read it for the first time... how did you feel?

I, coming in with limited knowledge of how the series goes (just as the ancient Greeks went in as they went to see a tragedy), thought, **** is going to go down... I was eager to read on, and yet apprehensive of what was to come. And they keep playing on it... "The dragon..." "the tiger's eyes..." "the black cloud..." what a sense of foreboding doom!

I think Moore may have purposely been trying to utilize the techniques of the ancient greek tragoedians in putting in foreshadowing clues...

This may be Moore's best work, methinks.

Bass said:
That's a good idea actually. I may do that too.

Also (I just pmd this to Marvelman), the first thing in the series (the Chrono-Gestapo or whatever) has to me - something that...

When they Miraclefamily laugh and then it freezes and goes, "I teach you the superman! He is this madness! He is this lightning!"

I have never, ever, in my history of experiencing stories, been so terrified of impending doom. I have yet to feel such a shiver down my spine as that one page.

Did anyone else, from that one page, just go... "Oh God" in... I don't know. Terror I suppose. This real sense of - we're all ****ed.

That one page, when you read it for the first time... how did you feel?

Geek.

Latest posts

Back