Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread

has anyone heard of Ergo proxy? I heard it was supposed to be good.

I would reccommend Ghost in the shell to VVD. 2nd GIG was my favorite.

I didn't like Ghost In the Shell the first 3 times I saw it. But to be honest it was during my "I can't stand anime" phase. So I'll probably check it out again.

I am stoked because I found my old DVD of "8 Man After" and "Lensman". So good times for me.

has anyone heard of Ergo proxy? I heard it was supposed to be good.

I would reccommend Ghost in the shell to VVD. 2nd GIG was my favorite.

I have the first two volumes of Ergo and I like it. It's nothing too fancy but it has a hot *** goth chick in it and that's all I need.

I tried one episode of Ghost and it sucked.

I have the first two volumes of Ergo and I like it. It's nothing too fancy but it has a hot *** goth chick in it and that's all I need.

I tried one episode of Ghost and it sucked.

I enjoyed the first G.i.t.S : S.A.C., but never really got into the second one. I think it's one of those digest animes, where it's a lot better if you see it in like three episode chunks. That way all the Laughing Man plot, and the multiple layers of meaning that the Stand Alone's add is fresh and stays with you better. In truth, it is a very clever and well written and structured story, cyberpunk at its zenith. Or maybe my soft spot for J.D. Salinger gave me rose colored shades in its regard ;).

ummm, Death note is better than all other anime combined, except maybe Paranoia Agent or Yu Yu Hakusho.

ummm, Death note is better than all other anime combined, except maybe Paranoia Agent or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Paranoia agent was hard to watch. It was boring most of the time. yu yu hakusho was just dbz with plot. i hate dbz. never saw death note.

Incorrect.
Paranoia agent was hard to watch. It was boring most of the time. yu yu hakusho was just dbz with plot. i hate dbz. never saw death note.
Correct.

My roommate tried to get me into Death Note. Nothing special. Certainly not better than shows like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, Outlaw Star, Bleach, etc.

Paranoia Agent is the probably the best anime I've ever seen. I have got the 3 films by the same director too and they're all good. I love cowboy bebop and serial experiments lain..didn't really like noir or neon genesis (so i only watched a few) ..and i've seen various ghost in the shell stuff it's kinda cool...I like studio giblhi films...they're really nice. But paranoia agent has just got really dark bits in it..like the hiroshima bomb going off in the background of the credits...and that suicide episode...best 20 mins of 2007...
it's all funny dark comedy and then the ominous music plays and none of them have shadows...then the photo the girls take on the road..and they're like OMG what is that....and then the final shot zooms in on the condom machine
You couldn't dream it up

Paranoia Agent is the probably the best anime I've ever seen. I have got the 3 films by the same director too and they're all good. I love cowboy bebop and serial experiments lain..didn't really like noir or neon genesis (so i only watched a few) ..and i've seen various ghost in the shell stuff it's kinda cool...I like studio giblhi films...they're really nice. But paranoia agent has just got really dark bits in it..like the hiroshima bomb going off in the background of the credits...and that suicide episode...best 20 mins of 2007...
it's all funny dark comedy and then the ominous music plays and none of them have shadows...then the photo the girls take on the road..and they're like OMG what is that....and then the final shot zooms in on the condom machine
You couldn't dream it up

Well, see, i like my anime's with plot, so....

Paranoia Agent is good, I really like the animation and directing choices, but it is hard to follow and each episode has a lot of focus on other people and things not essential to the over all plot.

I think it's nice to have episodes dealing with suicide pacts or with the pressures of working in the anime industry, or with computer games brainwashing kids nowadays. And I think the overall plot, the shounnen bat and the maromi...it's all about Japan's role in WW2 and how because it's the only country to have nuclear bombs actually used on it, it plays the victim and how it's come out in the culture with these hello kitty like mascots, which are all inoffensive and couldn't hurt a fly...kinda like we forget how Japan entered the War.
That's why there's such a lot of damage at the end, it's supposed to be post war
I'm probably not explaining it well. But I really think this is one of the best things I've ever seen. If you've seen it I really like reading this article about some of the issues it brought up.
http://www.nichibeitimes.com/articl...ll&id=1155242640&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&
"While cute mascots appear in every country, it is their use in promoting adult products and ideas that is unique to Japan. City governments, credit card companies and even condoms make use of yurui characters." Satoshi Kon is very clever.

Full Metal Awesomeness

i have been meaning to check this out for a long time. i had never heard anyone talk about it so much till i noticed rave reviews about it on UC. So today i decided to give the first episode a try.......This show is so ****ing cool!!!!! i kept thinking about how it seemed like i was watching an rpg come to life as an anime show, then realising at the end that square enix had something to do with it so that figures. Seriously anyone who was like me and thought "meh one day i will check it out" get off your lazy arse and check it out!

Full Metal Awesomeness

i have been meaning to check this out for a long time. i had never heard anyone talk about it so much till i noticed rave reviews about it on UC. So today i decided to give the first episode a try.......This show is so ****ing cool!!!!! i kept thinking about how it seemed like i was watching an rpg come to life as an anime show, then realising at the end that square enix had something to do with it so that figures. Seriously anyone who was like me and thought "meh one day i will check it out" get off your lazy arse and check it out!
If by Fullmetal Awesomeness, you mean Fullmetal Alchemist right?

That series is the best mainstream shonen adventure narrative ever in anime history. The only reason I don't bring it up so often is because it's hyped enough as it is.

I love how it caters to so many interests of mine --- the ethics of science, the discipline of the reason and the questionable foundations of 'empiricism' --- and I think anyone who loves Warren Ellis books, Star Trek and the Fantastic Four the same reasons I do would love this anime.

yeah ive only seen 5 episodes of it so far and im so god damn hooked. but these torrents are taking forever to dload :(

Latest posts

Back