Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

Nico wasn't nearly as important or interesting this arc, so I'm kind of glad it was her. Assuming this isn't a red herring, which it may well be.

the death would be more emotional if it was a better character, like Chase or Vic, but it would have hurt the series as a whole. So i'm satisfied.

though Nico's sweet powers will be missed. Though Xavin is gonna be on the team! And super-skrulls rule!

I still don't think Nico is gonna die. Yeah she got shot.....but so what? The cliffhanger to a concluding issue is most always misleading.

Victor Von Doom said:
I still don't think Nico is gonna die. Yeah she got shot.....but so what? The cliffhanger to a concluding issue is most always misleading.

true.

it'd be funny if nico was like "HEAL MY CHEST!" and it did, but then Wilder just shot her/someone else again.

I don't think Nico's out yet either. I think her death has something to do with Geoffry's attempt at bringing Alex back.

I don't know whose gonna die. BKV is being sneaky. Vic still my top choice from the cover of the one. I think if Karolina died it would be a pretty emotional moment so I'm for her taking one for Nico and then leaving Xavin behind to fill her slot.

Just better not be Chase.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think Nico's out yet either. I think her death has something to do with Geoffry's attempt at bringing Alex back.

I don't know whose gonna die. BKV is being sneaky. Vic still my top choice from the cover of the one. I think if Karolina died it would be a pretty emotional moment so I'm for her taking one for Nico and then leaving Xavin behind to fill her slot.

Just better not be Chase.

before this issue, my friend and i, and i'm sure most people, expected what you said to happen.

i'm sure this issue would put doubt in some people's minds.

Why the **** doesn't chase go back to his parent's place and steal some ****???

Last edited:

So yeah.....I'm still stickinh with my Gert choice. Just for the sake of BKV going for the unexpected shock choice. Everyone's expecting all these obvious choices....but I'm reaching back from previous comments about her usefullness in the series. There's many numerous mentions/hints that she's gonna die.

But I also think that Karolina will be the one to go. You know...kill the fan fav just as they return.

TheManWithoutFear said:
People think this is a "Spoiler", I think all it does is confirm Nico lives.

Three Page Preview

Intense.

Where is the preview, TMWF? I can't find it.

Edit: Ok, I found it. Holy s**t!!

Last edited:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Bloody Hell. Go to the Pulse section in the scroll down menu. The second star to the right and straight on until mornin'
Well, some instructions would be nice so people dont get lost on a wild goose chase!

And thanks project.

ehhh...wan't too impressed with the issue as a single, its like reading the season 1 all over again but with different people. maybe when it all ends it might end up as a better issue.

So I went to the neighboring city's library today which just went under a total expansion/renovation. In the graphic novel section I looked at every title and nothing seemed to jump out at me until I got to the last shelf - Runaways Volume 1 HC. (#1-18.)

I borrowed it because I had read the first few issues before in the tiny digest format, but then had to return it to my local library, but I had really liked it. I also know about all the awards its won, too.

I'm going to start reading today.

ultimatedjf said:
So I went to the neighboring city's library today which just went under a total expansion/renovation. In the graphic novel section I looked at every title and nothing seemed to jump out at me until I got to the last shelf - Runaways Volume 1 HC. (#1-18.)

I borrowed it because I had read the first few issues before in the tiny digest format, but then had to return it to my local library, but I had really liked it. I also know about all the awards its won, too.

I'm going to start reading today.

once you are done, you will be part of the brotherhood.

I just finished issue 17 of v2...damnit. I love this series.

I think Gert'll bite it, though. Chase is likely, but I like him too much, and his 'darkside' hasnt' been explored enough. Without Gert around to keep him in check, things could get interesting.
Seeing as how Nico, Victor, and Karolina are all on the cover of Civil War, they're pretty much safe. I don't invision Molly dying anytime soon, either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back