Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
Re: Secret Invasion discussion (possible Spoilers)

"Dead is dead" is a retarded rule anyway. It's a waste of perfectly good characters just to kill them off and be done with them. The death still means something when it happens because it's important to the character who doesn't know he'll be back and the character's friends and family who don't know he'll be back and the fans who know he'll be back but don't know when. If a character's dead for a few years that's a few years you don't get to read about him and that's a pretty good penalty for a fictional character being "dead."

"Dead is dead" is a retarded rule anyway. It's a waste of perfectly good characters just to kill them off and be done with them. The death still means something when it happens because it's important to the character who doesn't know he'll be back and the character's friends and family who don't know he'll be back and the fans who know he'll be back but don't know when. If a character's dead for a few years that's a few years you don't get to read about him and that's a pretty good penalty for a fictional character being "dead."
Well said.

"Dead" means "penalty box".

"Dead is dead" is a retarded rule anyway.

I agree, but my point isn't that it's a good or bad rule, it's that you shouldn't act like you have the stones to make the rule if you don't have the stones to back up your decision.

I agree, but my point isn't that it's a good or bad rule, it's that you shouldn't act like you have the stones to make the rule if you don't have the stones to back up your decision.

To be fair, I haven't heard "dead is dead" since the Jemas days.

Exactly. See Winter Soldier vs. Red Hood.

That's because Brevoort is the best editor at either company right now.
I agree. He really makes sure everyone makes sure they have what they need. I mean, he sure as hell made sure Bendis read ALL the previous Skrull stories. And when this guy gets pissed, he gets pissed!!

Back in WWP 06, he was having a swearing storm just because someone was late for the Marvel Trivia Panel with the prizes.

Last edited:

I agree. He really makes sure everyone makes sure they have what they need. I mean, he sure as hel made sure Bendis read ALL the previous Skrull stories. And when this guy gets pissed, he gets pissed!!

Back in WWP 06, he was having a swearing storm just because someone was late for the Marvel Trivia Panel with the prizes.

I did that a couple years ago. I won the first She-Hulk trade and the Blood of Apocalypse trade.

Pretty much it would be hard to beat me at Marvel trivia.

I have no problem with bringing back a character.

But I remember reading somewhere that Marvel has a saying "that the resurrection must top the death story."

Colossus was a perfect example.

I feel that if you don't want to lose the ability to use a character, don't kill them. I feel there are many other way to write similar story without killing off a character

I feel that if you don't want to lose the ability to use a character, don't kill them. I feel there are many other way to write similar story without killing off a character

Exactly. Just look at Barbara Gordon. Instead of killing her, she was changed forever and it was good for her character. Oracle rules. All it takes is creativity and good writing OH WAIT.

The ten page preview was nice. I thought it was pretty well written overall.

But murder is fun and more violent.

Last edited:

That 10 page preview fits with the spoilers that were posted on Marvel Boy's blog. This is not a good thing. :(

Dugan is a Skrull. It was shown in the Secret Invasion prologue.

Skrull spoiler for Secret Invasion #1:
Hank Pym is another. He shoots Reed Richards in the head.

Latest posts

Back