Last I saw it was either the 14th or 21st of December, a mere 9 MONTHS after the last issue.

Also, take a look at the pages MWoF posted a link to. How many actual panels make up those pages, repeated a bunch of times at different sizes? Yikes.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
Last I saw it was either the 14th or 21st of December, a mere 9 MONTHS after the last issue.

Thanks Rhyo. :D

I think many people, myself included, just lost interest with the long wait, not to mention that the storyline doesn't seem like it'll tie into the MU in the long run.

The reason that it was a long wait, is because Bendis went back and rewrote everything so it can tie-in will the Marvel Universe now. Post HOM and New Avengers. I think I posted this...

Bendis On Secret War.

Trust me read the interview.

thee great one said:
The reason that it was a long wait, is because Bendis went back and rewrote everything so it can tie-in will the Marvel Universe now. Post HOM and New Avengers. I think I posted this...

Bendis On Secret War.

Trust me read the interview.
I posted it first. In this thread.

I believe your right about why the delays. And to be honest, I'm glad he took the time to carefully make sure there's no continuity errors.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I posted it first. In this thread.

I believe your right about why the delays. And to be honest, I'm glad he took the time to carefully make sure there's no continuity errors.

You're right. My bad. But I agree fully.

pagpaint-26-27-5-low.jpg

More Del'Gotto greatness. Some preview pages from Secret War.

icemastertron said:
It's Del'Otto.

But thanks! SO love his work. The painting is just great.

Some of it is ok, but the stuff I saw when it first came out, I didn't like. It was too messy and crowded for me. It looks like it's improved.

Re: Buzzscope Previews Secret War #5

Holy heck, if this is a representative example of this comic, I can't believe it took 9 MONTHS to get it out. Look at the number of repeat panels - there are only about 5 images on those 2 pages, repeated 3 or 4 times. That's... sad.

I know Bendis likes that effect (and asks for it in scripts), but used that much it goes beyond dramatic effect and into... obsessive or something.

hmnnnn.... i remember seeing 2 other pages of this issue somewhere ... but i don't remember where.

still, it was a whole "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" page

"Daisy Johnson" - ugh.

Still, I'm looking forward to this...it's been good so far.

UltimateE said:
"Daisy Johnson" - ugh.

Still, I'm looking forward to this...it's been good so far.

Mr Hyde's daughter.

Consider me veeery excited. Should be excellent.

Not impressed.

The conclusion gave us nothing. We all knew Fury was doing something illegal and that he would disappear because of it.

I'll give you the details for the hell of it but nothing really important happened.

Daisy is being interrogated and she recounts the events.

Daisy Johnson uses her powers to disrupt the equipment on Von Bardas before she can blow everything up. The group begin to argue about what's going on and Captain America tells Fury to tell them or he will. The X-Men show up and want to know why Logan was attacked on their grounds.

Fury tells the story
Lucia Von Bardas is the new head of Latveria and is planning an attack on American soil. Fury wants to get at them first but The President says no. He assembles the group and when they get there Von Bardas says that they have no right and no evidence to take her out. The group doesn't know what the hell is going on and Fury orders Daisy to take down, not Doom's castle, but the entire village. She does. The group has their memories erased by Fury.

Fury ends story.

Wolverine gets superpissed and stabs Fury in the stomach. Fury was a life model decoy and is broadcasting from another location. He says he hopes they understand that they did the right thing. He then says he has to disappear for awhile.

Daisy ends her story.

She gets yelled at. The new head of SHIELD wants to know where Fury is, calling him a war criminal and they discharge Daisy. As she leaves she begins talking into a hidden earpiece to Fury. She says "Yes sir" and the Secret War ends.

2/5 Pissed it took too long and though I was cool with HoM's little cliffhanger, I'm not satisfied that the story isn't over here and we have to wait to see what happens to Fury (Most likely in New Avengers)

Hopefully Daisy joins up with Runaways or Young Avengers. She seems like a cool character.

Art was brilliant as always.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hopefully Daisy joins up with Runaways or Young Avengers. She seems like a cool character.

Art was brilliant as always.
Don't know about the long-term plans for her, but she's in the preview art for Spider-Woman #1.

At one point, I was honestly hoping she would be Ronin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back