I liked it. Nice ending. Hopefully we see more happen based on the outcome of this series...I hope Bendis has plans for Fury because obviously he's not out of the picture.

I liked the idea of all the lame villains being used like that and having no idea...And Daisy Johnson is a cool character, even if her name is dumb.

About freakin time. This issue was great. It showed Fury gone and awol. I hope that Daisy doesn't get lost in comic limbo. The art was great. Wolverine stabbing Fury for messing with his mind again was the best part.

MWoF said:
I was cool with HoM's little cliffhanger

What cliffhanger?

thee great one said:
What cliffhanger?

I presume it's the cliffhanger where Jessica Drew is talking to someone off-panel about spying.

UltimateE said:
I presume it's the cliffhanger where Jessica Drew is talking to someone off-panel about spying.
Wrong title. I meant the whole overall feel to what has happened to the characters from the events of HoM. In Secret War we knew what the direct outcome was gonna be because of New Avengers and Daredevil. And where HoM is dealing with multiple titles. This little problem with Fury will be resolved in one (NA).

So I re-read a large part of this today.

Either I'm missing something, or there are a couple pretty huge plot holes.

1) Was it shown how Lucia got her powers? Was she killed and brought back to life or something?

2) WHY was she organizing something against the US when they were giving her millions of dollars in aid?

I read this. It started off good, then it just turned into crap in the last few issues.

The covers were cool though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I still think this story is incomplete and Bendis will be showing us more especially with Nick Fury still not being back in the public eye. He is a large part of it.

So was House Of M.

Who will tell me what I want to know?!

E said:
So I re-read a large part of this today.

Either I'm missing something, or there are a couple pretty huge plot holes.

1) Was it shown how Lucia got her powers? Was she killed and brought back to life or something?

2) WHY was she organizing something against the US when they were giving her millions of dollars in aid?

1. No. I'd have to reread it again but did she originally have powers or was it just from the tech? She's a new character I think created for the mini.

2. Wasn't that the whole point? She either tricked America into trusting her so they'd fund her and then she would secretly attack. Or she attacked because Fury invaded the year earlier and enticed her too.

Yeah, that's pretty much the impression I got for Lucia's actions. She was getting 70 million bucks a year in aid from the US, but why settle for that when you could build an army and take the whole ball of wax?

TheManWithoutFear said:
2. Wasn't that the whole point? She either tricked America into trusting her so they'd fund her and then she would secretly attack. Or she attacked because Fury invaded the year earlier and enticed her too.

But WHY?

sax_russell_the_green said:
Yeah, that's pretty much the impression I got for Lucia's actions. She was getting 70 million bucks a year in aid from the US, but why settle for that when you could build an army and take the whole ball of wax?

It was pretty clear that it was retaliatory and not an attempt to take over the country.

From what I could understand the story was that Lucia got 70 million dollars every year from the US and she used that money to sponsor villains by giving them armor. Fury gets pissed and gather a collection of heroes to stop her. The house comes crashing down and Lucia gets squashed. The heroes gets their memory wiped and don't remember what happened. Lucia gets rebuild with her own technology and goes to the USA to get revenge on those who tried to stop her. She fails and goes boom and the heroes are pissed at Fury. The end.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I dunno? Why did Al-Queda attack us when our C.I.A. gave them the training and support they needed to defend themselves?

Are you serious? They hate the US for supporting Israel and maintaining a military presence in their region. The US is not a Muslim nation.

People don't just attack a country for no reason, not even in comics.

This is a pretty huge plot hole.

Ultimate Warrior said:
From what I could understand the story was that Lucia got 70 million dollars every year from the US and she used that money to sponsor villains by giving them armor. Fury gets pissed and gather a collection of heroes to stop her. The house comes crashing down and Lucia gets squashed. The heroes gets their memory wiped and don't remember what happened. Lucia gets rebuild with her own technology and goes to the USA to get revenge on those who tried to stop her. She fails and goes boom and the heroes are pissed at Fury. The end.

I know what the plot of the book is, but the question still isn't answreed WHY she was funding the tech-themed criminals/the Tinkerer in the first place...? And, probably a related question, why maintain a false friendship with the US if she hates them.

E said:
I know what the plot of the book is, but the question still isn't answreed WHY she was funding the tech-themed criminals/the Tinkerer in the first place...? And, probably a related question, why maintain a false friendship with the US if she hates them.
I think she was trying to be a kingpin type, recieving profits from their criminal activities and gaining power. Like she funds the guys with some tech and makes back her money and more through them so that to shield it doesn't seem like she's spending their money like that.

Latest posts

Back