Captain Canuck said:
turns out i was wrong. It really is a cross-over. Silly me, trusting Marvel.

I hope this isn't in continuity...

It is in continuity actually.

Anyway, the villain will probably be Ultimate Mysterio and the zodiac key is what causes the universes to meet.

Re: Spider-Men

Isn't Julia Carpenter the new Madame Web? or did I completely misunderstand what happened around the Great Hunt.

Re: Spider-Men

Isn't Julia Carpenter the new Madame Web? or did I completely misunderstand what happened around the Great Hunt.

You are correct, julia Carpenter is Madame Web and while she can see glimpses of the future, i don't think she can open portals to other dimensions. I wouldn't doubt her being involved in some way though.

turns out i was wrong. It really is a cross-over. Silly me, trusting Marvel.

I hope this isn't in continuity...

It is in continuity actually.

Anyway, the villain will probably be Ultimate Mysterio and the zodiac key is what causes the universes to meet.

Yeah, I think that the two pages of seeing Aunt May and Gwen again a few issues ago was part of the set-up. Since they are going to show up in the mini. I understand your fears cap. Bendis' track record with Minies isn't great. But I'm hoping since Spider-Man seems to be his strong stuff. That it will turn out good.

Oh, and Venom you could be right. Although I heard that this is going to start in the Marvel U.

Last edited:
Captain Canuck said:
That's not my concern, this is just an awful idea.

No it isn't, it's an excellent idea for a 50th anniversary!

It is great and it makes sense now, since it's Miles as Spider-Man in the Ultimate U.

The idea isn't bad, but it's the promise, that neither world would collide with the other directly, that bothers me.

Gonna save Venom's quote for when this ship burns and crashes and all your Lincoln's scream for the sweet release of Death.

J. Agamemnon said:
The idea isn't bad, but it's the promise, that neither world would collide with the other directly, that bothers me.

It was never a rule set in stone and the person that said it is no longer EiC.

I can understand the trepidation, but it could easily be a fun mini.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with this. It seems like a fine idea.

Gonna save Venom's quote for when this ship burns and crashes and all your Lincoln's scream for the sweet release of Death.

Plans change. Opinions change.

If anything, it's evidence that people in charge shouldn't make absolute claims when the industry is so fickle. It is an embarrassing quote to have floating around out there.

They've also had "rules" about dead is dead and all that mumbo jumbo, but they've also said that things would change if someone came up with a really good idea and reason to "break" whatever rule.

Example: Bucky was on the "stays dead" list with Uncle Ben until Brubaker came up with a great idea, and the reason that Bucky isn't Uncle Ben and his death didn't make Captain America into who he is like Ben's death did to Spider-Man.

Alonso or someone else stated that they were still reluctant to do this, but after some thought, they liked what Bendis came up with the story idea and also that since it's Spider-Man's 50th anniversary, it felt right.

Last edited:
I would much, much rather it be this than Ultimate Peter coming back to life. Could be fun.

tumblr_m2l8rbMtDY1qeenqto1_500.jpg

Cover to issue #3

I wasn't really interested in this but I went to a talk thing Brian Bendis was doing at a convention here and he completely sold me on it. He talked about how it's Peter coming to the Ultimate Universe and meeting Miles and seeing how he's inspired this kid and how much he has changed all of these peoples' lives. He said it wouldn't have worked with Ultimate Peter because he was basically the same as 616 Peter ("hey, you're dating MJ and you don't brush your hair. You're me but younger") but with Miles the idea completely works because he's like the viewpoint of the reader. It's supposed to be more of an emotional story that shows just what Spider-Man is all about. Plus, the art by Sara Pichelli looked incredible.

I have high hopes for this.

ProjectX2 said:
I wasn't really interested in this but I went to a talk thing Brian Bendis was doing at a convention here and he completely sold me on it. He talked about how it's Peter coming to the Ultimate Universe and meeting Miles and seeing how he's inspired this kid and how much he has changed all of these peoples' lives. He said it wouldn't have worked with Ultimate Peter because he was basically the same as 616 Peter ("hey, you're dating MJ and you don't brush your hair. You're me but younger") but with Miles the idea completely works because he's like the viewpoint of the reader. It's supposed to be more of an emotional story that shows just what Spider-Man is all about. Plus, the art by Sara Pichelli looked incredible.

I have high hopes for this.

I wonder if it's like the Captain America series that came out after the whole Death of Captain America thing where he was visiting soldiers in Iraq or something like that (Fallen Son?) in that it's not in continuity.

It's good that it sounds like it could work but I don't know; I have major doubts.

Or this could be a late April Fools joke.

If I'm wrong, you can dig this thread up every couple of years like I do with the Ultimate Iron Man thread.

ProjectX2 said:
If I'm wrong, you can dig this thread up every couple of years like I do with the Ultimate Iron Man thread.

Post of the Day.

Latest posts

Back