Ultimate Houde said:
I hated Starfire's characterization in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Totally agree, they made her out to seem like a total slut. Though that issue was not half bad.

ProjectX2 said:
My thoughts on all 12 issues from the third week.

My ratings so far:

5/5 - Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batwoman, Batman
4/5 - Action Comics, Men of War, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Green Lantern, Resurrection Man, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern Corps, Wonder Woman
3/5 - Batwing, Justice League, Stormwatch, Batman and Robin, Demon Knights, Superboy, DC Universe Presents, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Supergirl
2/5 - Batgirl, Justice League International, O.M.A.C, Static Shock, Deathstroke, Grifter, Red Lanterns, Suicide Squad, Blue Beetle, Catwoman
1/5 - Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Hawk and Dove, Legion Lost, Mister Terrific, Captain Atom, Legion of Super-Heroes

Next week: All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Blackhawks, The Flash, The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men, Green Lantern: New Guardians, I Vampire, Justice League Dark, The Savage Hawkman, Superman, Teen Titans and Voodoo. What are you looking forward to?

Aquaman, The Flash and Justice League Dark for me.

Looking forward to Hawkman (one of my favorite all-time characters), JLA Dark and Aquaman (will this reboot take?)

Highlights of the week

1) Batman finally got laid
2) Starfire is a coldless slut
3) Nightwing is a traitor (Batman), no wait, hes totally cool (in his own comic)
4) Guy Gardner fails to land a job at a local school. Priceless!
5) Supergirl gets her best look yet
6) Wonder Woman rocks! Finally, i feel i am not watching a Saturday morning cartoon (no offense to Gail Simeone meant)
7) Roy Harper and Red Hood...totally cool!
8) Question: Why does our sector need four Green Lanterns? And is there not ONE other planet in our sector who gets one?
9) How can the Legion of Superheroes be fun again? I feel I struggle through boots and reboots, I cannot feel motivated by it like I used to in the 80s and 90s
10) Nice Catwoman issue
11) Birds of Prey - was doing better before
12) Loved Blue Beetle issue!

Is it just me, or are there a lot of great issues out there, but also a lot of dead weight thats not going to make it to No. 13???

I'm really excited to see which title is the first to be cancelled.

The Legion doesn't seem to have changed much, except for a strange battle took place and we don't know what it was, and a the seven missing members, but all in all, it seems the same.

For now.

DC Comics Presents (Deadman) is one of the better books of the bunch.

No big surprise, considering the team.

My thoughts on all 12 issues from the third week.

My ratings so far:

5/5 - Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batwoman, Batman
4/5 - Action Comics, Men of War, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Green Lantern, Resurrection Man, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern Corps, Wonder Woman
3/5 - Batwing, Justice League, Stormwatch, Batman and Robin, Demon Knights, Superboy, DC Universe Presents, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Supergirl
2/5 - Batgirl, Justice League International, O.M.A.C, Static Shock, Deathstroke, Grifter, Red Lanterns, Suicide Squad, Blue Beetle, Catwoman
1/5 - Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Hawk and Dove, Legion Lost, Mister Terrific, Captain Atom, Legion of Super-Heroes

Next week: All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Blackhawks, The Flash, The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men, Green Lantern: New Guardians, I Vampire, Justice League Dark, The Savage Hawkman, Superman, Teen Titans and Voodoo. What are you looking forward to?

Aquaman, The Flash and Justice League Dark for me.

I'm really looking forward to All Star Western. I'm hoping that Teen Titans can keep up what I enjoyed in Superboy. I'll also be getting Firestorm, Green Lantern, and I'm considering Superman, if for no other reason than its connection to Stormwatch.

All Star Western holds the most interest for me for next week. As for this week, Batman #1 was fantastic, I love that Scott Snyder is writing him.

Also http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/24/carolyn-main-new-52/, A comics artist (who doesn't read any super hero comics) fresh perspective on Batwoman #1:

Carolyn Main said:
Batwomen. They are just like us. They have tattoos and might be lesbians. They reminisce about all the times they changed clothes with a blonde lady, and then went to go out and punch some guys. They chase down Mexican spooky ghosts that kidnap and sometimes drown local children. They mourn their long-lost sister who was into shooting guns and hanging out with wolf and squid men. They put on a wig, the same color as their real hair, but longer, when they go out, to be official Batwomen. Meanwhile, this spooky skeleton is smoking a cigar and being real mad about the aforementioned activities of Batwomen.

Seriously though. She wears a wig of longer, redder, hair when she's out 'batting. That would get all itchy. And she wears the wig hair down instead of up -- WTF, it would be in her face, obscuring her vision, and easy for an assailant to grab. At least it's a wig so it would come off easily, but that makes me wonder why it doesn't fall off when she's doing backflips and sh*t.

Non-African Batman shows up at the end. I guess spooky ghosts and kiddie pools are in the feminine Bat-jurisdiction, so he can only talk about footprints, and cough awkwardly about how women lie about being on birth control when you are a millionaire. He didn't say that but it was implied in the silence.

The art had some fun color and shape, and liked to sometimes abandon panels and get all Art Nouveau with hair and stained glass. The story made some kind of sense if you like to absorb abrupt flashbacks in sets, and take your supernatural spooky ghost murders alongside your maybe lesbian bat detectives.

:lol:

Last edited:
So who else is glad that DC got serious about fixing Hawkman's history and got a great writer for the reboot.

Oh wait nevermind they let Tony Daniel at it...

OK…we´ve seen all DC has to offer, "the new 52"…and I have to say I was pretty blown away by a lot of comics I had no expectations about…disappointed about other big ones…surprised by others…all, in all, I think it was a very brave and risky move, we will have to see how this plays out over the next 12 months…will there be new comics? Will there be mini-series? Which will be the first ones to get cancelled? Will the audience have enough dough to fork up 13 DC issues a week?...

We can only wait and see, for now I would like to share my personal ranking (from 1 to 5) about the 52 No. 1s I just finished reading a few minutes ago with "Blackhawks No. 1". I have divided them into categories to make it more fun. Enjoy!...

*EXCELLENT AND LOOKING FORWARD TO…
1.Animal Man (4.5/5.0)
2.Batwoman (4.5/5.0)
3.DC Universe Presents (4.5/5.0)
4.Voodoo (4.5/5.0)
5.Resurrection Man (4.5/5.0)
6.All-Star Western (4.5/5.0)

*HAPPY SURPRISES AND CATCHES…
7.The Flash (4.0/5.0)
8.Swamp Thing (4.0/5.0)
9.Justice League (4.0/5.0)
10.Batman: The Dark Knight (4.0/5.0)
11.Aquaman (4.0/5.0)
12.Catwoman (4.0/5.0)

*SHOW POTENTIAL, WILL KEEP AN EYE ON…
13.Teen Titans (3.5/5.0)
14.Green Lantern (3.5/5.0)
15.Action Comics (3.5/5.0)
16.Superboy (3.5/5.0)
17.Batwing (3.5/5.0)
18.Batman (3.5/5.0)

*PLEASE SURPRISE ME…
19.Superman (3.0/5.0)
20.Supergirl (3.0/5.0)
21.Nightwing (3.0/5.0)
22.Detective Comics (3.0/5.0)
23.Red Hood and the Outlaws (3.0/5.0)
24.Green Lantern Corps (3.0/5.0)
25.Wonder Woman (3.0/5.0)
26.The Savage Hawkman (3.0/5.0)
27.Justice League Dark (3.0/5.0)
28.Frankenstein: Agent of Shade (3.0/5.0)

*COULD HAVE DONE WAY BETTER…
29.Batman and Robin (2.5/5.0)
30.Birds of Prey (2.5/5.0)
31.Green Lantern: The New Guardians (2.5/5.0)
32.The Fury of Firestorm (2.5/5.0)
33.I, Vampire (2.5/5.0)
34.Stormwatch (2.5/5.0)
35.Suicide Squad (2.5/5.0)
36.Blue Beetle (2.5/5.0)
37.Men of War (2.5/5.0)
38.Hawk and Dove (2.5/5.0)

*JUST NOT FEELING IT…
39.Grifter (2.0/5.0)
40.Batgirl (2.0/5.0)
41.Red Lanterns (2.0/5.0)
42.Justice League International (2.0/5.0)
43.Deathstroke (2.0/5.0)
44.Legion of Superheroes (2.0/5.0)

*WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?...
45.OMAC (1.5/5.0)
46.Captain Atom (1.5/5.0)
47.Green Arrow (1.5/5.0)
48.Mister Terrific (1.5/5.0)
49.Demon Knights (1.5/5.0)
50.Blackhawks (1.5/5.0)
51.Static Shock (1.5/5.0)
52.Legion Lost (1.5/5.0)

Read Flash, Aquaman and Justice League Dark this week. Flash was beautifully done and maybe one of my personal favorites of the entire relaunch, I agree Aquaman was too "he's totally badass! No really!" but the arts great and I think its heading into a cool storyarc, Justice League Dark was pretty entertaining with some of the best art so far and I'm excited to keep with it. So probably the most solid week for me so far.

This week I enjoyed the Flash, New Guardians, and Voodoo That's about it. Still haven't read a couple of them though.

And question about I, Vampire. I'm assuming it's happening in this new world and in continuity, but if an entire town was turned into vampires, wouldn't some sort of superhero notice?

This week I enjoyed the Flash, New Guardians, and Voodoo That's about it. Still haven't read a couple of them though.

And question about I, Vampire. I'm assuming it's happening in this new world and in continuity, but if an entire town was turned into vampires, wouldn't some sort of superhero notice?

Well, its happened before. Swamp Thing noticed and he flooded the town. Then he came back later and killed them all.

So far I've read Superman and Batman:The Dark Knight. Batman was like taking Scott Snyders Batman #1 and showing us how easy it would be to do the issue badly. Superman was nicely dense, and had an almost complete story. I like the emphasis on the journalism. I don't like the Stormwatch tie-in because there was really no reason for it. Unless it all ties together later on it was pretty pointless. Of course there is a theory that a lot of the books are setting up something for down the line, but I'd like it to be a little less obvious than "Look over here! Now back here! Buy Stormwatch!

I'll be getting teh rest of my comics tomorrow.

Got my other pulls today. All Star Western was great. I loved the art, the ties to the batman myths, and the comical pairing of Hex and Arkham.

Firestorm was good. Not great but good. Its probably on the fence for me, but I really like the character. I've got all of the Jason Rusch run. We'll see how I shake it down.

Teen Titans was good. Not as good as Superboy, but Tim Drake/Red Robin was cool. If it ends up reading as a Tim Drake book with Titans as a supporting cast i'll be just fine with it. And I have no problem with the art or costumes. Yes, its very Image 90s. I'm ok with that.

Green Lantern: whatever this one is was OK. I could have done without the flashback to kyle's origin, but if this is going to be a starting point for people there are worse things to use the pages on. I think it felt incomplete though, as all we got was this is Kyle, the rings are going nuts, the luitenents of the corps are coming for them. And the last bit wasn't exactly explained. On the fence here.

I figure sometime before the next Wednesday i'll go through all this and see what I want to stick with. Its going to be more difficult than I expected.

So.... Catwoman isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be after hearing Winick was writing and reading his interviews.

And it's not nearly as bad as the foaming comic news sites make it out to be.

March's art is absolutely beautiful.

Dan Didio posted on Facebook that none of the Crisis events happened in this new universe.

What.

Dan Didio posted on Facebook that none of the Crisis events happened in this new universe.

What.

...good.

This is a set closer to a true reboot, and a huge step closer to actually making the comics acessable to new readers. Now I do think that we should get something more than just a facebook post on it. I'd love a timeline, but thats probably a bit unrealistic. But at least give us an idea of what major events have happened and what haven't.

Personally I think they should cut The Death of Superman.

Latest posts

Back