E said:
Are you talking specifically about the current series? Because if you have doubts they can run this as a monthly then, yeah, check out Alan Moore's run if you haven't.

Did you read it and not like it, or didn't get the hype?

No I haven't read it, I wanted to know what was so great about it before I bought it

I didn't find the new SWAMP THING to be particularly good. The only 52 I actually enjoyed was ANIMAL MAN.

The second issue of Swamp Thing is an improvement from the mess of the first issue of Swamp Thing (which I thought was a mess) and reminds me of Alan Moore's story.

Hawk and Dove disappointed me immensely. I wanted to give it a shot, but the art is horrendous and story is so hokey. Look out for the new tag team of Condor and Swan! Who's next? Egret and Swallow?

Just read SWAMP THING #1 & 2, which were both great, along with the first 3 issues of Snyder's Image mini SEVERED. (Anyone else reading that?) Next up: ANIMAL MAN #1 & 2.

Out of curiosity, what books aren't you guys seeing from DC right now that you'd like to pick up month-to-month?

Out of curiosity, what books aren't you guys seeing from DC right now that you'd like to pick up month-to-month?

Batwoman (obviously)
Wonder Woman
Animal Man (duh)
Swamp Thing
Stormwatch
Justice League Dark (still hate the title)
Action
Batman
Voodoo
I, Vampire
Frankenstein

Those are my DC pull list.

Others I may pick up as trades, like; Superboy, Supergirl, Lantern books and a few others.

Action Comics
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Batwoman
Ressurection Man
Zombie
Batman
Justice League Dark
Flash
Aquaman

Both of you need to read the question again.

My answer: Shazam!

Last edited:
Both of you need to read the question again.

My answer: Shazam!

I did misread it, and I have to disagree, historically DC has shat all over Captain Marvel, only the Kids' title (Billy Batson) and Smith's Monster Society have been worth reading. I'd rather not have my heart broken... again.

I'd love to see Renee Montoya in something, maybe in a new GCPD book. Alternatively, would love a Question book as well. Oooo... maybe a new Weird Wars book, or a Morrison penned Seven Soldiers ongoing.

GCPD, definitely. I would have more interest in DC if the 52 were more well-rounded and represented different genres better. I'm disappointed it hasn't.

GCPD, definitely. I would have more interest in DC if the 52 were more well-rounded and represented different genres better. I'm disappointed it hasn't.

Yeah, it's pretty much Superheroes and Horror. Altho, historically, that's what made DC, so maybe it's a good idea.

Still want a GCPD book...

I think they screwed the pooch by not diversifying more. If you want to expand your market, you need to expand your genres and actually market it to people outside the community. No one should be surprised when DC puts out a few non-superhero books, only markets them to their base, and then they don't sell. Big ****ing surprise.

I want a Shazam! book too. Give it to Brian Clevinger. Sold.
I also wouldn't mind seeing a police procedural. GCPD's been done though. I think something based in Flash's city (the name of which eludes me right now) could be pretty fascinating, as could one set in the new take on Metropolis.
As mentioned above, I'd like to see Ba and Moon take on OMAC.
Secret Six
Sarge Steel in a 1940's pulp period piece.
And some sort of space opera would be nice to round everything out.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a police procedural. GCPD's been done though. I think something based in Flash's city (the name of which eludes me right now)

Central City omg n00b

Loved The Shade No 1!!! Splash page to remember at the end of the story...

Batman and Robin No 2...a little better, less sappy, more realistic...

Ressurection Man No 2... Losing initial interest...really? Turned into water??!?

Batwoman No 2...The best of the batch so far....powerful storytelling, amazing art, loved the Batman - Batwoman sequence...

More tomorrow ( I hope)...

Latest posts

Back