The Ultimates 2 #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Bass said:
As for Thor's return: The Hulk returned in #13, after a 7-issue absence.

I find it unbelievable Thor won't show up for the finale. In fact, I find it a bit hard to swallow Hulk might not be there either...

Thanks for agreeing with me. I'm sure that they'll be there.

Lies!

~reaches for the admin controls, realises he doesn't have them here, mother****er!

But when it was mentioned by MWoF that he appeared in the restaurant, I did pick the right guy without seeing issue 4.

Crikey, did I say that I very nearly creamed my pants too?

Bass said:
Nice try Guijllons, but I know you never saw Loki in the first issue originally. You've just shuffled time and space.

I'm onto you, you reality warping bastard. :sure:

As for Thor's return: The Hulk returned in #13, after a 7-issue absence.

I find it unbelievable Thor won't show up for the finale. In fact, I find it a bit hard to swallow Hulk might not be there either...
By that logic, Hank will suddenly be re-embraced with open arms just so he can be back in the last issue, and the Ultimates will find Hulk and let him back into their group just so everyone is there and smiley for the grand finale. Riiiiight.

I honestly don't care if Thor is really a god or just a nut with some fancy tech. He's still cool to me either way. And especially if Thor is meant to be the head of the EU Ultimates, I really don't think we'll need to see him or the rest of them back for GTA.

IF Thor dies, then I think he will return for the finale. Banner however, will not. He's officially dead, and a private citizen now, Thor has a lot more to accomplish.

But The Ultimates have the press-wise ability to turn Thor into either a good guy or a bad guy. This is an information war we are currently in, in the real world, Millars book will acknowledge this.

For Thor to really get his message across, he will need a truce at the very least with the Ultimates, and it would certainly suit his purposes more if they were on good terms, and he could (again) live off the high profile to further his cause.

I think this will happen: The Ultimates (and the EU Captains) will fight Thor, beat him and leave the scene thinking he's dead (blown up or something that makes him dissappear). They then return and finds out that it was Loki that was behind the whole thing. They fight him but can't seem to beat him and after a major showdown Thor suddenly appears and saves the day.

I'm thinking that they will attack the source of his power (the belt), and once that is destroyed believe that Thor is without power.. When he proves that he does have power.. doubts will be cast.

Though it is so hard to speculate on this book, no-one is ever close enough to really guess what is going to happen next.

(If Bendis stays on Spider-Man, he has to try to top this)

jtg3885 said:
By that logic, Hank will suddenly be re-embraced with open arms just so he can be back in the last issue, and the Ultimates will find Hulk and let him back into their group just so everyone is there and smiley for the grand finale. Riiiiight.

Wuh.... buh.... this isn't SUPER-FRIENDS?!

Why didn't someone tell me?! I've been making an idiot out of myself!

Your wish is my command.

You are now a welsh dwarf with a gammy shoulder called Paul.
I hope your new life as an uphill gardener will suit you well too :)

TheManWithoutFear said:
No way would they let Hank work on Vision.

Because...

1) It is so top-secret that only Sam Wilson is working with him (Vision), presumably...and

2)Pym isn't with SHIELD anymore anyway.

Let's move away from speculation and back to the events of this issue...

Well how about this. Finally achieving Artificial Intellegence, Ultron plans to take over America with his robots in "Grand Theft America". At the end of the arc, Thor comes to save the day. Why? Because this is the threat that Thor has been around for, to save humanity from there own creation: AI

Nurhachi said:
Well how about this. Finally achieving Artificial Intellegence, Ultron plans to take over America with his robots in "Grand Theft America". At the end of the arc, Thor comes to save the day. Why? Because this is the threat that Thor has been around for, to save humanity from there own creation: AI
Aaaand let's move back into the talk of Ultimates 2 #4. :wink:

Guijllons said:
Your wish is my command.

You are now a welsh dwarf with a gammy shoulder called Paul.
I hope your new life as an uphill gardener will suit you well too :)

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURSE YOU, GUIJLLONS!

What? This is on topic. Ask your congressman.

This was .... wow .. amazing reading ! Loved it :shock:

Ultimate Warrior said:
Am I the only one that REEEEAAAALLY wanna see the whole European Super Soldiers team in action (most Captain Sweden of course (I'm Swedish by the way :wink: ))?

I´m with you, Warrior! :-d

just wanted to say a few things:

Look at the distress on the page where Thor is begging them to believe him. Great art.

Loki's weapon? Fenrir the wolf (read some mythology- i did a project on the Norse because I love Thor so much; could this be Ragnarok?)

Quicksilver art was stunning.

Love the "new" Cap'n Britain design. Esp. the long hair.

Thor's ties to JC are supposed to be obvious, I think. This is how it would be if JC was alive today and there were superheroes...

Holy sh** Gunnar/Loki IS there at the protest. and he's just standing there like nothing's going on! He was also at the restaurant!

Great to see the Ultron head. Opening scene was sweet.

And look how huge Oprah is. HAHAHA!

Great issue!!!!

Latest posts

Back