The Ultimates 2 #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Ultron isn't even made yet? How could he leak the information. I don't buy that he's part of SHIELD's computer programs and he's going to inhabit the body that Hank is building because I really doubt that Hank is going to get anywhere near SHIELD by the time he finishes.

Guijllons said:
Hold on, in Ultimates 1 #4, Banner has Thors file, he knows what's in it.
Do you think Gunnar/Loki orchestrated the execution of Banner because he couldn't fix the reality of two situations at once, ie, what Fury knows, and what Banner knows?

good point, banners "out" noone to stop him right?

Pym's been working on Ultron since Vol 1 so some of him is done and you can see early in this issue Hank working on him even more so I imagine some progress is going to made to get Ultron finished just in time for the 2nd arc. And I'm sure Ultron has some basic apps designed already that could have allowed him to leak the info. I'm not saying he did but if it wasn't him then the only remaining suspects are Loki (#1 but I think he used Ultron to do so), Thor (highly doubtful now tho + he said he didn't) and Pym (which could also go back to Ultron). Actually, it's completely possible Ultron had nothing to do with it but I'm hellbent on him being in on it somehow. He's my red herring after all.

Damn you, Ultron! *shakes fist*

I'm just going to kind of drop this in here, people can keep right on discussing around me. :)

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but I didn't see it in skimming the posts: a sharp-eyed individual over on Millarworld noticed yet another possible Gunnar-as-Loki sighting in Issue 4. In the panel where Fury is ordering Thor's followers to be evacuated, we see a guy over Fury's shoulder who, unlike most of the people in the room, isn't working a console or doing much of anything. There's not much detail, but this person does have Gunnar's clean-shaven face, longish hair and dark v-cut shirt.

On a more random note: Having sat through our Palm Sunday reading of the Passion this morning, I find myself casting Tony Stark in the role of Peter. One of the things Peter is best known for in the gospels is his three denials of Jesus. Stark has, in a sense, denied Thor twice: on the talk show with Larry King, where he dismisses Thor as a former mental patient, and during the final showdown in Issue 4, where he tells Thor "...you're sick". Interesting that Stark previously was pretty much the only member of the Ultimates who professed belief in Thor's divinity during the earlier issues of this title, particularly at the grand finale of the Chituri invasion arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ultron isn't even made yet? How could he leak the information. I don't buy that he's part of SHIELD's computer programs and he's going to inhabit the body that Hank is building because I really doubt that Hank is going to get anywhere near SHIELD by the time he finishes.
Erm, you don't need a body to hack secure files and email them to the press. And hank has been working on Ultron for a while, and not just in his own apartment.
It's possible, not saying that is what it is.

You have a point about Peter. I've mentioned before about the use of C.S. Lewis' "Liar, Lunatic or Lord" argument for Thor. Though I wonder if Stark will deny him once more before the c0ck crows, or the ravens squark.
I've been looking for signs of hugin and munin, but nothing yet:)

Edit: I had to type c0ck instead of ****. That's ridiculous.

Ultron is essentially a pile of body parts and a highly advanced AI living inside a computer somewhere, possibly with a massive need for order and righteousness. I think my explanation is feasible.

And I do it because it's logical.

Caduceus said:
You mean he points out holes in theories? If he didn't, someone else would.

No I mean he took something that I said and works them into his theories. I said you didn't need a body but it'd be tough to explain Ultron going from SHIELD computers into the body that Hank was working because Hank wouldn't get close enough but he somehow manages to make me say you need a body, which i never said.

maybe nick fury did to get thor out of the way for what ever reason.

i had something i wanted to ask about what are the other captains powers
they can't be like captain america. are they going to have diffirent powers?

I'm with you fantomex ! I want to know what there powers are, but i don't think we see them before next issue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I hope the EuroUltimates don't all have different powers. I'd rather if they were all like Captain America.
why do you feel that way? i feel that by giving them diffirent powers it would make each country diffirent from each other.

I think they are essentially new characters most of them.
I believe all will have different abilities. As far as I know, Captain Britain (who obviously already exists in the 616) can fly, and is superstrong. Not all that exciting, I guess we'll see next issue what they can do.

I wonder if they are all powered by their suits. Cap. Britain was supposed to be.

"Supposedly" Thor's the most powerful super solider, with a really cool anti-gravity defining thingy in his hammer OoOoOoOo...

forsooth pt 2

that hammer is soooooo freakin' cool, it makes me look at 616 thor in a lesser way due to his hammer and outfit....dude looks like a fruitcake with a playskool hammer compared to ultimate thor...

hmmmmmmm....

I dont think that Ultron and Loki are going to pop up all at once, and I dont think Thor is going to return to the Ultimates. If the battle between Thor and Loki takes place in issue #5, he's not going to suddenly change his mind about the ethical use of the Ultimates in other countries. If there's a real problem where people need help, and if the EU Ultimates are needed to help stop Ultron, then I'd bet Thor would come back to help save the day, no way he's rejoining.

And Bruce Banner, I'm guessing that the Marvel Poll that asked what miniseries should get tackled next is to see whether people would buy an Ultimate Hulk mini. I think it ended being tied with U. Wolverine for first place. We'll see him soon, I'd guess in a mini-series mid to late 2006, when Ultimates 2, Ultimate Iron Man, and Ultimate Galactus have all wrapped up.

What my guess is that we'll have a slightly new line up by GTA.

-Captain America
-Iron Man
-War Machine/Black Widow
-Hawkeye - I'm guessing we'll see him die too, to mirror 616, and also because he's the most prepared to die, and would sacrifice himself to save lives
-Scarlett Witch (no Quicksilver, im betting the lightning bolt from thor hospitalizes him)
-Falcon- Bet he come in from Black Ops in the second arc
-The Wasp- Im guessing she'll die, her character is the most expendible at this point, and plus it would put the guilt on Hank times a thousand if his creation killed her
-Hank Pym - Not in costume until the end, where I bet he'll don the Antman outfit and then go to normal size while inside of Ultron, sacrificing himself and destroying Ultron.

Latest posts

Back