The Ultimates 2 #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

marvelman said:
just wanted to say a few things:

Look at the distress on the page where Thor is begging them to believe him. Great art.

Loki's weapon? Fenrir the wolf (read some mythology- i did a project on the Norse because I love Thor so much; could this be Ragnarok?)

Quicksilver art was stunning.

Love the "new" Cap'n Britain design. Esp. the long hair.

Thor's ties to JC are supposed to be obvious, I think. This is how it would be if JC was alive today and there were superheroes...

Holy sh** Gunnar/Loki IS there at the protest. and he's just standing there like nothing's going on! He was also at the restaurant!

Great to see the Ultron head. Opening scene was sweet.

And look how huge Oprah is. HAHAHA!

Great issue!!!!
Ooooooh...

WELCOME! :D

Welcome Marvelman ! Rofl i see why they would choose Sweden as a "Captain" country for skandinavia....they prob don't know other of the countrys :D Btw. are there alot of comics @ sweden ? is it cheap to buy it over there ?

You know what I would have liked to have seen? Captain Switzerland.

SeAcoW said:
Welcome Marvelman ! Rofl i see why they would choose Sweden as a "Captain" country for skandinavia....they prob don't know other of the countrys :D

Except Norway then, obviously ;-)

SeAcoW said:
Btw. are there alot of comics @ sweden ? is it cheap to buy it over there ?

Well, I live in Stockholm (the capital) and pick up my comics at a local store once a week. The average price for imported comics is 10 SEK/Dollar (SEK = Swedish Crowns). I payed 22 crowns for Ultimate Spider-man #74. I lived in a smaller town up north before, and there wasn´t a comic store there, so I had to pay extra there to get them mailed to me every month.

Also, regarding Captain Switzerland - I got the impression this was a EU Super Soldier program only, and Switzerland is not a member of the European Union.

Come to think of it though, neither is Norway. Either this is further evidence that Loke/Gunnar is manipulating the Ultimates, or Norway is included in the program anyway, maybe as a NATO member.

Of course, Switzerland could develop their own super soldier, if they have the budget for it.

And finally, one thought that struck me when I read the issue. Is the formula for the super soldier beaten now, when we suddenly have Captain Britain and the others, or do their powers have a different origin. I wonder if any of these guys are mutants...

supermusli said:
Except Norway then, obviously ;-)

Well, I live in Stockholm (the capital) and pick up my comics at a local store once a week. The average price for imported comics is 10 SEK/Dollar (SEK = Swedish Crowns). I payed 22 crowns for Ultimate Spider-man #74. I lived in a smaller town up north before, and there wasn´t a comic store there, so I had to pay extra there to get them mailed to me every month.

Also, regarding Captain Switzerland - I got the impression this was a EU Super Soldier program only, and Switzerland is not a member of the European Union.

Come to think of it though, neither is Norway. Either this is further evidence that Loke/Gunnar is manipulating the Ultimates, or Norway is included in the program anyway, maybe as a NATO member.

Of course, Switzerland could develop their own super soldier, if they have the budget for it.

And finally, one thought that struck me when I read the issue. Is the formula for the super soldier beaten now, when we suddenly have Captain Britain and the others, or do their powers have a different origin. I wonder if any of these guys are mutants...

Ehm, like is 10 SEK alot of money ? Are they in swedish ? Local store ? Comic store?

European Defense Initiative

Alright, I broke out the atlas and tried to match costumes to flags to find out where each of the Euro heroes is from (I have a lot of free time). There were quite a few that I wasn't sure on so I gave multiple possibilities. From page 14, panel 2, from left to right:

1. Lithuania
2. Ukraine or Sweden
3. Greece
4. Ireland
5. Austria, Poland, or Denmark
6. Yugoslavia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, or Iceland (Iceland seems the most likely)
7. Germany, or Belgium (Tough call. On one hand Germany is an important European nation, on the other hand, the Dome is located in Belgium.)
8. Britain
9. Italy
10. No Clue.
11. Austria, Poland, or Denmark (I'm thinking that between #5 and #11, one is Denmark, and the other is Poland)
12. No Clue.
13. Spain
14. France

Anyone have any guesses on the ones I'm unsure about?

SeAcoW said:
Ehm, like is 10 SEK alot of money ? Are they in swedish ? Local store ? Comic store?

Well, one dollar equals about seven SEK right now.
The comics are imported from US, and thus in english. Sure, there are some translated Marvel comics, but I prefer the original stuff. The translated Ultimate Spider-man is right now around the Venom arc, and the other Ultimate titles are not around at all.

And yes, by local store, I mean a local comic store, that sells both imported comics as well as swedish. There are a few here in Stockholm, and maybe one or two in some of the other largest cities.

Hmm... maybe this is not really fit for this thread...

We need CAPTAIN SOUTH AFRICA!!!!! Although no South African should really be given powers i spose :S

supermusli said:

I was just joking. :wink:

UltimateE said:
I was just joking. :wink:

I know :)
Still, it would be fun - he could come skiing down from the alps to save the day in the next issue, with his trusty super pet the St. Berhnard-dog Helvetica!

Captain Switzerland: "Hey, Thor. Surrender or die! So speaks Captain Switzerland, guardian of the neutrals, protector of the non-alligned, champion of the... the... the switzers!"
Helvetica, the super St.Berhnard: "Woff!"
Thor: "Surrender? Surrender!? Do you think this letter on my head stands for fra... hey, wait i minute. Thats not my line."

Last edited:
Hold on, in Ultimates 1 #4, Banner has Thors file, he knows what's in it.
Do you think Gunnar/Loki orchestrated the execution of Banner because he couldn't fix the reality of two situations at once, ie, what Fury knows, and what Banner knows?

Guijllons said:
Hold on, in Ultimates 1 #4, Banner has Thors file, he knows what's in it.
Do you think Gunnar/Loki orchestrated the execution of Banner because he couldn't fix the reality of two situations at once, ie, what Fury knows, and what Banner knows?

My head hurts.

I don't think Loki had anything to do with Banner's story.

I can't w8 for issue #5, especially cuz I can't w8 to see the Euro Ults in action. I really wanna see what their powers/abilities are. I also want to see Thor kick Cap's self-righteous ***. And, just a theory, but I think Loki is going to stick around and use Ultron if he hasn't already (to leak the Hulk info). Remember in Issue 1 how Volstagg was talking 'bout Loki combining forces w/ something Thor couldn't even match and then turning the Ults against him? I think that's Ultron. I mean we know he's going to be in the next arc... why else would Millar be foreshadowing it so much? And there's no way Loki is just going to dissapear after issue #5. So, assuming Millar does as he originally said and keeps the Ults as only 2 volumes, then I imagine he can't leave any loose ends w/ Loki or Ultron which can only mean the 2 r going to join forces in "Grand Theft America".

Latest posts

Back