Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

Ok 23 was a year later and really had no affect on the comic. I like how Miles and his dad are closer now. That should add to conflict later for him keeping his secret from him.

I haven't read it yet, but when I read this post I thought, "His dad lives?" and then I remembered that his dad was okay but that his mom died. Shoot. That sucks, poor Miles. :(

I really need to get caught up on this.

Yes. You should. This is one of the few books I read that you really invest emotionally with the characters. And this one is gearing up to be more Spidy than the past has been I think.

Yes. You should. This is one of the few books I read that you really invest emotionally with the characters. And this one is gearing up to be more Spidy than the past has been I think.

Nice. I've got them ready to read on my phone (along with all the other less than stellar Ultimate issues from the last 4 or 5 months), so I'll do so soon.

Agreed (although I haven't read 23 yet). And this is the only Ultimate book worth reading right now.

Agreed (although I haven't read 23 yet). And this is the only Ultimate book worth reading right now.

Just got caught up on USM (and the other Ultimate issues which were just...lackluster), but this still is holding up as a reliably good book. It'll be interesting to see how Miles deals with his mom's death. It'll also be interesting to explore his view of the police, since his mom was accidentally shot by a cop (wasn't she, I'll have to re-read it to double check). Granted the root of that event was his super-villains (Venom...though the reveal of who it was was disappointing).

I just read issue #24. It looks like Bendis is ramping up Roxxon again as a major player in his book. I forgot about the Roxxon brain trust from the Ultimate Doomsday trilogy. I had to look on Wikipedia to remember where they were from.

Last edited:
This book is so good. I just don't understand why Marvel has to transplant Miles into the 616 universe. Just leave it as it is and cancel all the other books. Ugh.

Ending? We're talking about Miles being sent over to 616...

Which I hate. Aside from the DIVIDED/UNITED tie-in issues, this has been a really strong book. I really, really dug this week's issue, too - a great ending, highlighting its strong characters. But it's an ending that is clearly meant to be the start of things, so to speak, not the ending. I wish I could get excited about this meaning that the series will start delving more into Miles' family, friends, relationship, and street-level superhero life, now that he's sure of his identity and his legacy and what all that stuff means.

But then I read the letters page. The little blurb at the top seems to imply some sort of...new status quo for Miles, and the rumors all seem to point to him becoming a 'canon immigrant.' So maybe we'll get more Miles. But what about Ganke? What about Jefferson? What about Kate and Judge? What about Cloak and Dagger, Bombshell, and Jessica? What about the Visions Academy, and the rest of Miles' world?

I love Miles, but he wasn't the only new thing to come out of Peter's death. He's part of a whole, and the rest of that whole deserves a chance to grow and develop more too.

So I sincerely hope you're right, wyokid. I hope "The end" in this case means the same thing as "the end" of Ultimate Spidey during Ultimatum did. I don't want Miles in 616. I want him in his world.

Last edited:
Which I hate. Aside from the DIVIDED/UNITED tie-in issues, this has been a really strong book. I really, really dug this week's issue, too - a great ending, highlighting its strong characters. But it's an ending that is clearly meant to be the start of things, so to speak, not the ending. I wish I could get excited about this meaning that the series will start delving more into Miles' family, friends, relationship, and street-level superhero life, now that he's sure of his identity and his legacy and what all that stuff means. But then I read the letters page. The little blurb at the top seems to imply some sort of...new status quo for Miles, and the rumors all seem to point to him becoming a 'canon immigrant.' So maybe we'll get more Miles. But what about Ganke? What about Jefferson? What about Kate and Judge? What about Cloak and Dagger, Bombshell, and Jessica? What about the Visions Academy, and the rest of Miles' world? I love Miles, but he wasn't the only new thing to come out of Peter's death. He's part of a whole, and the rest of that whole deserves a chance to grow and develop more too. So I sincerely hope you're right, wyokid. I hope "The end" in this case means the same thing as "the end" of Ultimate Spidey during Ultimatum did. I don't want Miles in 616. I want him in his world.

Completely agree. Well said.

Latest posts

Back