Ultimate Fantastic Four #26 discussion SPOILERS

icemastertron said:
I thought it was like, 70% for humans, and 72% for the earth? But what connection is that for Namor?

Oh, nothing, except the fact that he can control water. Uh oh!

It's not pure water, but rather part of our chemical make up. I doubt one can isolate the water in our bodies from the rest of it. I think it would be too ridiculous for Namor to really do anything like that. It's like Magneto controlling the iron in people's blood. It's taking an idea to an extreme, I think.

Yeah, I agree, and it's not like he NEEDS it either.

Of course, making someone have to pee at a crucial moment would make for great tactical advantages.

Bass said:
It's not pure water, but rather part of our chemical make up. I doubt one can isolate the water in our bodies from the rest of it. I think it would be too ridiculous for Namor to really do anything like that. It's like Magneto controlling the iron in people's blood. It's taking an idea to an extreme, I think.

Tell that to the Fremen of Arrakis.

while i think namor was too powerful (i was down with it until he took the giant beating and still got up fine), i loved the issue.

it was fun! FUN! millar is writing old school silver age awesome-ness, but now! if morrison was writing it, people would think it was incredible! (though, the dialogue would def. be much better)

why don't you guys go complain about all-star superman getting 8 new super-powers.

iceman said:
while i think namor was too powerful (i was down with it until he took the giant beating and still got up fine), i loved the issue.

it was fun! FUN! millar is writing old school silver age awesome-ness, but now! if morrison was writing it, people would think it was incredible! (though, the dialogue would def. be much better)

why don't you guys go complain about all-star superman getting 8 new super-powers.

Don't mean to pick on you because you're not the only person who said it. But why doesn't Millar leave the old school silver age awesome-ness to 616 where it actually had a familiar place in the issues. This old school silver age awesome-ness just taints the Ultimate Universe.

Yes this is modern day comics... Not something that we particularly need in a pos 9-11 reality where fictional magic and technology is no longer entertaining.

iceman said:

:lol:

That post made me horny.

iceman said:

I'm with you. I don't mind Millar going really off the wall on the F4 stories.

I just am upset his stories are so boring. He's trying to be out there and fun, but he's just dull and repetative.

Last edited:
Ultimate F4 and Ultimates 2 are the best the Ultimate line has to offer right now.Millar on UF4 has been stellar and just what the F4 should be.Alot of you guys are expecting this to be something else it's not supposed to be.F4 was always about out of this world adventures and weird science.

Super_Human said:
Ultimate F4 and Ultimates 2 are the best the Ultimate line has to offer right now.Millar on UF4 has been stellar and just what the F4 should be.Alot of you guys are expecting this to be something else it's not supposed to be.F4 was always about out of this world adventures and weird science.

A lot of us are expecting it to be exactly what it's supposed to be. And that's good and fine what F4 is supposed to be about but what's UF4 supposed to be about?

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
A lot of us are expecting it to be exactly what it's supposed to be. And that's good and fine what F4 is supposed to be about but what's UF4 supposed to be about?

Turning great villains into goat-legged chumps? Or fighting a retarded bug-guy who shoot's himself in the head?

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Fantastic Four was never about the villains to me.

You asked what UF4 is about and so far before Millar's run that's pretty much been it.

What I think UFF needs now, when Namor is out of the picture for a while (or?) I think whoever's writing should give each of the four an issue each, having them kick butt individually. A team is a nice thing and all, but they need some alone time.

Go interact with normal people or something, I've always enjoyed stuff like that.

I'd buy an issue with thing going over to the Triskelion to play poker with the Tony, Thor and cap.

This along with Ultimates 2 are the best the Ultimate line is pushing right now.UXM and USM don't come close.

Super_Human said:
This along with Ultimates 2 are the best the Ultimate line is pushing right now.UXM and USM don't come close.

BKV's Ultimate X-Men was good, but from the negative reviews I've heard from Kirkman's first issue, I may have to agree with you on this.

Latest posts

Back