Ultimate Spider-Man: And his Amazing Friends (#118-120) (Spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #118 discussion [spoilers]

I think it's hilarious Bendis got back into his stride as soon as Loeb started taking over the Ultimate books.

I read the issue yesterday. Not bad.

I do agree that superheroes showing up at the school is stupid. BUT! The way it was done with Johnny was no big deal, I think. The way Iceman was brought in- that's the problem. Just ice-sliding in and all that...not needed. If he had shown up like Johnny, not powered up and what not, just 'casual', it would've been a lot better.

The only other problem is Liz. Well, her just becoming Firestar. I personally think that the real problem with Liz becoming Firestar is that she just becomes Firestar. There's no real build-up to this. It's just "I don't feel so good. Woof," and then later again, "I don't feel so good. Woof. Oops, I'm now on fire and okay."

The only other problem is Liz. Well, her just becoming Firestar. I personally think that the real problem with Liz becoming Firestar is that she just becomes Firestar. There's no real build-up to this. It's just "I don't feel so good. Woof," and then later again, "I don't feel so good. Woof. Oops, I'm now on fire and okay."

That's usually how a mutation works, though, doesn't it? It's just BAM, there it is.

That's usually how a mutation works, though, doesn't it? It's just BAM, there it is.
It feels different with Liz though, mainly because we really rarely see her around. So it has that "Out of left field, but not in the good way" kind of feel.

I realy like the fleshing-out they gave Kong in this issue, i hope they do the same for liz sometime soon.

What was in the note Kitty got from Logan? Death of angel? 'Death' of xavier?

Realy liked this issue! Reminds me alot of the spiderman loves mary-jane series, though.

I thought this book was everything that made me fall in love with USM, but i have to agree, I could not stand the faces, just too weird...

I read the issue yesterday. Not bad.

I do agree that superheroes showing up at the school is stupid. BUT! The way it was done with Johnny was no big deal, I think. The way Iceman was brought in- that's the problem. Just ice-sliding in and all that...not needed. If he had shown up like Johnny, not powered up and what not, just 'casual', it would've been a lot better.

WTF>?!?!?!? What is going on?! I LIKED the issue... but others are not entirely happy with it?!!??!!

OHNOES!!!!! I AM TOTALLY CONFUZZLED!

WTF>?!?!?!? What is going on?! I LIKED the issue... but others are not entirely happy with it?!!??!!

OHNOES!!!!! I AM TOTALLY CONFUZZLED!
Um...I liked it, too.

Last edited:

Ugh.

I remember sitting in an uncomfortable chair in Philly and hearing Bendis announce "Ultimate Amazing Friends". I remember the chair becoming more uncomfortable due to Ice almost passing out from a geekasm.

I cringed at both things. Ice's geekasm and the idea of Ultimate Amazing Friends. Mostly because I just knew Ms.Lion was involved in both. Ice's geekasm and Ultimate Amazing Friends.

Well I read the issue. And well.......bend me over and call me Jenna Jameson---this was a damn good issue. Damn good. Everything seemed so fluid. It all just kinda came together. And the premise was believable. The internal monologues comparison was great and very reminiscant of USM Annual#1 when Bendis first brought Kitty and Peter together.

I can't believe that other than the 2 minis going on....this is the ONLY Ultimate book worth reading.

Um...I liked it, too.

Ice said:
I hate Ultimate Spider-Man and women.

lolhstanleelp1.jpg

You mean Human and Iron Man 2 right?......right?

Yep. UIM2 isn't as bad as the first. But it's mostly due to Ferry's pretty pictures.

But Human is totally shaping up to be incredible.

Can't believe it took me until today to get around to reading this.

But yeah, frickin' awesome issue.

5/5

And yes, I am in a good mood.

There's no real build-up to this. It's just "I don't feel so good. Woof," and then later again, "I don't feel so good. Woof. Oops, I'm now on fire and okay."

What is with the "woof" anyway? What the hell does "woof" mean? (besides "I need to go outside to pee")

What is with the "woof" anyway? What the hell does "woof" mean? (besides "I need to go outside to pee")
My guess is that's Bendis just trying to show her not feeling good or whatever. Her "sick sound."

My guess is that's Bendis just trying to show her not feeling good or whatever. Her "sick sound."

Yeah but he has had Peter say it also. I don't get it. I have NEVER heard anyone anywhere (outside of a Bendis written book) use "woof" like that.

What other animal sounds is he gonna slip in?

Liz: I'm not feeling good. Baaa. Must be the mall food.
MJ: Bummer. Mooo. Here have some lemonade.
Liz: Thanks. Quack.

Yeah but he has had Peter say it also. I don't get it. I have NEVER heard anyone anywhere (outside of a Bendis written book) use "woof" like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That seems to fit with the arc he has where the villain is Old McDonald.

Yeah, but Ultimate Old MacDonald doesn't have a farm, but an island filled with eco-terrorists hellbent on his liberal agenda. Plus, it has Ultimate Howard the Duck.

Yeah, but Ultimate Old MacDonald doesn't have a farm, but an island filled with eco-terrorists hellbent on his liberal agenda. Plus, it has Ultimate Howard the Duck.

This is 107% fact.

Latest posts

Back