Uncanny X-men Thread (spoilers)

Re: Uncanny X-men - series discussion (spoilers)

Uncanny #495 preview with this week's X-Position.

The preview looks really good. I can only dream that Cyclops would blast Tony good-bye. And I don't mean kill him, just shoot him away as he leaves.

Uncanny X-Men #498 cover

UNCX498_cov.jpg

This led to the announcement that Fraction will be joining Ed Brubaker as of Uncanny X-Men #500, along with artist Greg Land.

Sweet, I will definitely read that.

EDIT: McCann then announced another artist coming to the book - "our newest Marvel exclusive, Terry Dodson."

Holy ****, Dodson as well?!

Last edited:

More on #500, Matt Fraction joining, and more, thanks to CBR:

At Wizard World L.A., it was announced that Matt Fraction will be co-writing "Uncanny" with Ed Brubaker beginning with issue #500. Is he onboard for a specific arc? Or is he joining the book for the foreseeable future?

ALONSO: Matt is on board for the long haul. As "Immortal Iron Fist" proves, he and Ed work very well together. They've already mapped out stories for the coming year, and I'm very excited.

Fans have responded in a big way to Brubaker and Fraction's work together on "Iron Fist." What do you feel they will bring as a team to "Uncanny"?

ALONSO: Lots of the same creative energy. A little less kung fu. A lot more big action and soap opera.

In Greg Land's promo artwork for "Uncanny," he's drawn a picture of Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Pixie. Is this a peek at the new "Uncanny" team? Or is he just having some fun?

LOWE: I think you're talking about the cover for the Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) X-Men story. That has a lot to do with "Uncanny," but, like Axel said before, anyone who's an X-Man can show up in "Uncanny." There's no particular "team."

Is there any possibility you can give us a tease about what's coming up in "Uncanny" #500?

ALONSO: "Uncanny X-Men" opens the book on a major new chapter in the life of the reassembled X-Men. You're looking at a new development in X-Men history – a radical change to their status quo that's never been attempted in their forty-plus year history.

3) Any hints as to some of the villains we may see pop up in Fraction and Brubaker's "Uncanny X-Men?"

ALONSO: Lots of crowd-pleasers on the horizon. Don't be surprised if you see the word "Hellfire." And don't be surprised if you see something ending in of "Evil Mutants" coming up.

Last edited:

That's a pretty cool cover. Looks like they almost have everyone there.

I've really been loving Mike Choi's art and will miss him after the next issue. I wish he could stay on Uncanny rather than alternating with Clayton Crain on X-Force.

The story has been pretty good, nothing spectacular. Leagues better than the Morlock arc (still disappointed by that one). And man how I was jumping up and down with Iceman showing up at the end. "Iceman- Hippie Name: Frosty".

:D:D:D

:lol:

Can't wait for the conclusion. I really want to know who this 'goddess' is. They showed what she looks like before her hippie look, but I still can't tell who she's supposed to be.

I had a thought of maybe Dazzler with a second mutation or something, but of course I quickly dimissed the thought.

IGN.com has a preview of issue 500.

why does the greg land cover seemingly have cyclops flying??

i thought that was only in the ULTIMATE comics :roll:

Last edited:

Now that DWS is over, I'm excited to have #500 come up with Manifest Destiny.

The issue was good, but didn't like Ben Oliver drawing some pages, mixed in with Choi's beautiful art. Not a good mix at all.

Now for some news: revealed in Wizard is that Fraction will be joining Brubaker in Uncanny...for the next TWO years!!

Thanks for the link! :p

But you do realize there's a jetpack on his back, right?

Preview can be seen here

Greg Land

Alex Ross

Michael Turner...

Will any issue 500 cover not suck?

Though, I'm curious, is that Dani Moonstar I see in the background of the Land cover??

Nope. That's X-23. The claws are barely noticeable...but there.

nono, to the right of Laura, over Colossus' shoulder

Last edited:

Oh. Hmm. I never noticed her before.

Maybe it's possibly her, then. I can't think of anyone else that it could be.

Well, Magma's on the far left, so maybe they're going to be rejoining the team (with conveniently no explanation as to how Dani got her powers back) after their appearance in Young X-Men

I liked #500. Lots of stuff is being set up. The art changes every few pages was kinda jarring though.

Greg Land

Alex Ross

Michael Turner...

Will any issue 500 cover not suck?

Oh come on! I know its a little late to chime in on this (a month later), but I have to:

I really liked all three of the covers, even Land's. I don't even read Uncanny X-Men, but bought two copies of #500 today (the Turner and Ross covers).

The wrap-around by Ross isn't his best or most epic work, but it certainly harkens back to the X-Men's history. The artwork is phenomenal, as Ross' almost always is. I also really enjoy the positioning of everyone, with the original team to the left, then subsequent versions of the X-Men team progressing to the left (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's). Awesomeness.

And Turner's cover is simple, but really takes me back to the height of the X-Men's popularity in the early 90's, when I was a wee kid and starry-eyed by the team. I grew out of it, but I've always had a soft-spot for that era since it was my first introduction to the team.

The Land cover I really could care less about, since I don't like Land's style of tracing and I haven't read 616 X-books in 15+ years, thus I have no idea who half the people on the cover are.

Seriously, though, you're too harsh.

Anyway, I picked up #500 today. Strangely enough, one of the first comics I ever bought (me and half the other comic collecting kids of my age at the time) was Uncanny X-Men #300.

Wow...I suddenly feel old.

twas a pretty good issue, lot's of introductory stuff

The H.E. was a surprise

the art was o.k, could be better

Latest posts

Back