Uncanny X-men Thread (spoilers)

Re: Uncanny X-men - series discussion (spoilers)

Are they implying that Korac's only power is from the sword and that without it his bloodline isn't special at all?

I know it's one of Korac's relatives who was inhabited by the phoenix and that's why he's able to weild it, but can he do anything else? As part of his blood line he migh be able to acces part of the phoenix without the phoenix.

Ok, so on marvel.com, they have a blog about the last creative summit they had. In it was mentioned that the M'Kraan Crystal is coming back. Seeing as how these guys are dealing with the Sh'iar right now, and the M'Kraan crystal will be dealt with next year, and something big is supposed to go down, I wonder what it's gonna be.

I know people will think Phoenix, but that's another matter being dealt with seperately, so I say that's out. So what else could the X-Men deal with- with the M'Kraan crystal? If the X-Men are supposed to come home after this arc, or not too long after this arc, what will happen with the crystal on earth then, if there?

So many questions...so little info..

Ok, so on marvel.com, they have a blog about the last creative summit they had. In it was mentioned that the M'Kraan Crystal is coming back. Seeing as how these guys are dealing with the Sh'iar right now, and the M'Kraan crystal will be dealt with next year, and something big is supposed to go down, I wonder what it's gonna be.

I know people will think Phoenix, but that's another matter being dealt with seperately, so I say that's out. So what else could the X-Men deal with- with the M'Kraan crystal? If the X-Men are supposed to come home after this arc, or not too long after this arc, what will happen with the crystal on earth then, if there?

So many questions...so little info..
I'd say it's going to be D'Ken. Didn't he try to steal the M'Kraan crstal before?

At first I thought this arc would be about finally ending the Shi'ar storyline once and for all.

As it turns out, it's all about re-introducing things that haven't existed in decades probably for the sake of writing them off again.

The best part about this issue was the New Zealander complaining about the prices of comics and ads called Craig. :D

I liked the latest issue. It was remarkably interesting that Vulcan has put aside his feelings about D'Ken. I think he's going to use D'Ken and Deathbird to defeat the Imperial Guard and then kill D'Ken and Deathbird and seize power for himself.

Yeah, I thought it was a great interview. First time I read everything, and then everything in one sitting.

I can't for the Morlocks! I'm so pumped.

Wow. Not only did one person get left behind - but three did. Polaris, Havok and Rachel are stuck in space and have decided to go after the Shi'ar empire. Corsair died. The rest of the X-Men crashed on earth.

I'm glad this arc was over. It was fun, but confusing at times, and I think 12 issues was far too long for it.

I just finished Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire...I didn't see a thread for it so I guess this is the place even though by now it's old news.

WAAAAAY too long. No reason for it to be 12 issues.

Art was subpar. Too glossy; too slick.

Story was decent but predictable; it because obvious pretty quickly that Vulcan was going to take control of the empire somehow. I didn't know they were going to repower Xavier, although I can't say I'm surprised. It makes House of M that much more insignificant. :roll:

I guess I was just underwhelmed. Deadly Genesis was really good and didn't feel like a typical X-Men story (read: sucky). This sort of did. Maybe that's harsh - I didn't hate it, but I can't imagine I'll ever want to bother re-reading it.

I loved it. I guess you just aren't an X-men fan.

And the art was very lovely.

I liked the Phoenix Blade and Korivus.

I loved it. I guess you just aren't an X-men fan.

I'm not, but I like Brubaker more than I don't like X-Men. I was still disappointed.

And the Phoenix Blade...I guess I didn't really get the point.

Yeah, out of Brubaker's recent Marvel work, Uncanny X-Men is probably the weakest.

Though I still enjoyed the Shi'ar arc, it really did go on for too long and probably could have done without the Vulcan issues.

And his second arc was so boring I can't even remember what it was about. No one can make the Morlocks interesting.

I might pick this up again after Messiah Complex is finished.

LitG:

And "X-Men: Divided We Stand" is leading up to a conclusion in "Uncanny X-Men" #500. Look for a new team and a new raison d'être.

Possibly not setting up as a mutant florist, but you never know.

What is "raison d'être"?

Latest posts

Back