Uncanny X-men Thread (spoilers)

Re: Uncanny X-men - series discussion (spoilers)

Is this weekly for this 12-part arc? I saw 476 already on the shelf at my LCS...

E said:
Is this weekly for this 12-part arc? I saw 476 already on the shelf at my LCS...
Nope.

Guess you didn't notice, but there were two issues this month. You just saw 476 on the shelf cuz 475 came out two weeks ago. It's montly from here on out.

E said:

Both Uncanny and Adjectiveless have two issues out this month because of the new creative teams. They're going back to monthly next month.

476 didn't grab me nearly as much as the last issue. It's set up a few things that will obviously pay off down the road, but judged on it's own merits I wasn't overly interested by it. I did like the scene with Cyclops though - the art felt slightly off, but the dialouge was great.

#476 was really good. I'm really loving this book like never before with Brubaker on. #474 (Bedard on writint dialogue for Claremont) didn't have any good notion to it. I honestly didn't see how it was all connected. But what's great is that you don't have to read anything of the run before Brubaker to understand what's going on.

Ed is writing such great tension between Warpath and whoever is arguing with him at the moment. This issue was Havok. And the scene with him and Xavier? Yeah, Warpath 0wn3d his ***. The ending was a total plot-twisting-climatic surprise. I would have never thought about that, and when you actually think about it, it's all like, "Well, it's someone who wants to get revenge, knows he would be followed, why not screw them up somewhere where they can't follow you or at least slow them down consirerably?".

The X-Men core books are once again great reads.

5/5

Yep, this may surpass Astonishing as my favourite X-Men book.

ProjectX2 said:
Yep, this may surpass Astonishing as my favourite X-Men book.

I'll wait more before I decide. X-men are the greatness they should be with Astonishing, Uncanny, X-men, and New X-men all being great books.

I love Warpath. He's just such an unapollegetic jackass, and its perfect. ANd I'm really happy to see Darwin again. He was my favorite new character out of Deadly Genisis so its good to see him back. Though I expect him to attept the Noble Sacrifice a few times. And live. :twisted:

Baxter said:
I love Warpath. He's just such an unapollegetic jackass, and its perfect. ANd I'm really happy to see Darwin again. He was my favorite new character out of Deadly Genisis so its good to see him back. Though I expect him to attept the Noble Sacrifice a few times. And live. :twisted:
Warpath kicks ***!!!

I don't remember if I had read anything else with him before, but I wonder if he was as good back then as he's good with Brubaker.

New issue, and its our first look in on what Vulcans been up to. We get a little look into his thought process, but I really hope we see more about him than we have so far. He's a little too 2-dimensional, and I know Brubaker can do better. Art was decent, nothing spectacular but it deffinatly got the job done. If a diffrent artist on the Vulcan issues is what we need to keep everything coming out on time I'm deffinatly for it.

I was enjoying this......then I read #3 of Brubaker's run and I was unimpressed.

Still entertaining enough for me to keep following. But what was up with the art change? I was digging Tan and his Finchish art.

Victor Von Doom said:
I was enjoying this......then I read #3 of Brubaker's run and I was unimpressed.

Still entertaining enough for me to keep following. But what was up with the art change? I was digging Tan and his Finchish art.
Well, the focus of the story changed, and in other Brubaker books they change artists in flashbacks and whatnot. Like I said, as long as Tan stays on the main team, ands this guy (whos name eludes me) only does the Vulcan issues I'm cool with it.

I liked the new guy's art.

Victor Von Doom said:
I was disappointed more didn't happen, but we got to see Vulcan kick some ***. What I loved most about it was that we get to see Vulcan pick a fight with the Imperial Guard/Gladiator. I love the especially because when this whole thing started I said I wanted to see Vulcan sitting in the Shiar Throne with Gladiator's dead body by his feet. That's going to be awesome.

The guest artist (Clayton Henry, also doing the next issue of X-Men) was used to help keep Billy Tan on a regular monthly schedule since he had to pump out two issues in June (Same for Bachalo, as why Henry is now doing thjough it was Mark Brooks originally assigned). They're not like Bagley that can do like 2 issues this month and that month and still keep to the schedule.

Last edited:

I like Clayton Henry a lot. It's very simple and cartoony, but I like his story telling powers. Other than that, I haven't read this. While I like the idea of Vulcan as a character, even if he is Phoenix-lite, I hate the Shiar and anything cosmic X-men, so I won't pick it up. Also, I don't like the team. (save mein freund, Kurt)

PLEASE STAY ON UNCANNY FOREVER BRUBAKER

Okay, maybe not forever but a really long time would be good. I started reading uncanny during chuck austins run(its so bad) and I read most of claremonts run(a little better), skipping the final few issues about marvel girl. So compared to that Brubaker is like an x-men messiah. Warpath is a great badass character. Vulcan is an awesome villian and issue 477 added great depth to him in my opinion.

:heart: brubaker

aah nice one, gladiator kicked his *** :lol:

The new issue was really good.

Korac making time with Marvel Girl. Sexy. I liked that costume of hers too.

Darwin was hardcore also. And next issue brings the return of Cosair. This series rocks.

Great issue.

Korac is an awesome character. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd love him to come back to earth after they return. Something tells me he's not going to survive, though. The weird thing is that when I show Rachel walking around in a thong I couldn't help but think, "That's hot." Same deal when I saw her in that costume.

Darwin is bad ***. I could believe he just started beating the **** out of those Shiar guys. I really wanted to see him use his powers more, though.

4.5/5

Oh, lots of skin showing. Me like. <3

I also love Rachel's new costume. Not because it's sexy or anything, but because it just looks good. Then again, anything looks better than that hideous green skirt. x.x

Yeah, I like Korac too. He has the tortured past but isn't cliché. Neat. I'm not really a big fan of Proudstar, and I'm actually hoping Korac replaces him. It'll never happen though. :x

Kurt's gonna be pissed, though.

Darwin being hardcore? Wow, never though I would see that happening. Go, Darwin, beat the living crap out of those guys!

Mya as well mention it here. I hate Alex's and Lorna's new costumes. They don't look comforable at all. And it's still kind of annoying having them be all lovey-dovey after Austen screwed them over like he did. At least make it a bit more awkward.

Anyone else hoping Xavier dies?

4.5/5. Great issue.

Latest posts

Back