Young Avengers/Runaways [Civil War] (speculation and spoilers)

Re: Runaways/Young Avenger [Civil War] (spec)

The Runaways are street smart.8)

They'll own the fight!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
**** off Slim Jim.... The Runaways would kill the Young Avengers!!! :x
YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!

especially with sister grimm anyone can just grab the staff from her and say some outlandish **** like "JUMANGI" and the whole fight is ****ed

smilie.gif

im not really looking forward to this anymore...cuz its going to go something like..

YA: were here to help..cap sent up
RA: Cap, from the avengers?...DIE!!!!!!!!!!

(2 issues of frighting)

YA: Cloak said you guys were cool...
RA: you know cloak? hi, i'm blah,blah,blah,blah

(and 2 issues of some stupid BS)

Re: Runaways/Young Avenger [Civil War] (spoilers)

We can discuss the mini here.

First issue is kind off to a good start. The majority of the issue is about the Runaways. They're in town, at a market, where some SHIELD agents have been sent to observe. Baltroc the Flag Smasher starts fighting them, and the Runaways get involved. SHIELD agents attack them and Victor gets shot. They escape back to their hideout.

It then cuts to the Young Avengers, who are on "monitor duty". Vision is connected into the computers, and starts having some weird problem. They see the Runaways on the TV and think they could get them to join the resistance. Eli asks Cap who tells them to stay where they are, but they ignore him and Wiccan uses his spells to locate the Runaways.

Victor needs to be repaired and Chase and Xavin and Molly have a fight. Molly storms out and is confronted by the Young Avengers. They tell her they're here to help and she responds by chucking a car at them. They fight...

The Young Avengers enter the hideout with an unconscious Molly in their hands, and the Runaways charge... while at the same time, Victor suddenly starts sparking and the Vision emerges...

Re: Runaways/Young Avenger [Civil War] (speculation and spoilers)

i liked it. i only read hte first young avengers trade, but to continue the fighting discussion, YA would win on numbers. Especially since Victor isn't in that great shape right now, he's kinda like the Great LeftCoast Hope. Team Lezbalien can't do it themselves. Nico is so super-overrated.

Loved how Chase was super pissy (understandably, though i kinda hoped he left the team and became a sort of third force, or the new anti-hero), love how we are given a timeframe (odd how for once, real time passed slower than comic time between events). Art was ... complex, but good looking. Writing was good, still felt like characters talking and now a person writing lines for them. Why does Xavin go out as a dude?

Nico is so super-overrated.
I should kill you for even thinking that.

Why does Xavin go out as a dude?
I was kind of wondering that myself.

Here are my thoughts, as posted in the Runaways thread;

I don't think Nico is going to break them up; Xavin and Karolina's relationship in YA/R makes me think they won't be together that long, anyway. And from YA/R, the first real interaction between Nico and Karolina since Karolina returned (that we've seen,) there isn't much to show her feeling negative towards Xavin for being with Karolina.

As I've said time and time again: Nico and Karolina are best friends. It hurts, big time, to see a best friend go- add that to the fact that Karolina went to another galaxy with an Alien shapeshifter. And to see your best friend come back with were Alien shapeshifting fiancee? How would that feel, knowing that the person who you leaned on for support wasn't going to be there for you 24/7 anymore?

I think Chase will be off the team for #19 and #20, but return at the end of Dead Means Dead. Then again, from the Chase seen in YA/R...he isn't the same Chase we've grown to love. He's one angry, angry person, and any mention of Gert sets him off.

Looks like the Runaways won't be under the Tar Pits much longer, from the appearence of the Hostel they're in towards the end of the comic.

Xavin's pretty F***ed up, though I love his description on the set-up page:

"Xavin: Child of shape-shifting skrull warlords."
Just seems a bit out of place.

To finish up: YA/R #1 is fantastic. The Runaways still sound like the Runaways without Vaughan, and the art is good (a bit iffy at times).

I love me some Nico. Finally, someone realizes she's hot:D

Last edited:

This issue was pretty awesome. The art was good too but (and I'm putting my foot in my mouth here) I'm not a fan on how much older everyone looks.

Anyway so glad Chase is back. And Wells does a good job with the characterizations. Xavin's a *****.

I think, that while this issue was fantastic, I'd rather read a 'Civil War Nico' series, where all she does is sit around the hostel and stay out of the whole thing. It would be illustrated by Alphona.

Yeah....

Perfection.:D

The book was perfect. Both teams were written perfectly.

The art was a very good style that I dug. I personally look forward to more.

I guess you could say that Vision and Victor could be brothers.

thee great one said:
The book was perfect. Both teams were written perfectly.

The art was a very good style that I dug. I personally look forward to more.

I guess you could say that Vision and Victor could be brothers.

how? Ultron and the original Vision arent related in anyway(though i could be forgeting something) Victors family would be Ultron(dad) Hank pym(grandad) Wasp(Granma)

just saying

also i forget what species of alien is Karolina?

Venom Melendez said:
how? Ultron and the original Vision arent related in anyway(though i could be forgeting something) Victors family would be Ultron(dad) Hank pym(grandad) Wasp(Granma)

just saying

also i forget what species of alien is Karolina?
Yes, you are forgetting something. Vision was created by Ultron.

vintsukka said:
Yes, you are forgetting something. Vision was created by Ultron.

Wasn't there that old Invaders human torch who was a robot...... and then got turned into the vision?????
I think i read that orgin in twisted toyfare............:shock:

Shihad said:
Wasn't there that old Invaders human torch who was a robot...... and then got turned into the vision?????
I think i read that orgin in twisted toyfare............:shock:

It's been a while since I read Avengers Forever (which really digs deeper into this), but as far as I remember, Ultron created Vision out of the remains of the original android Human Torch, but then Avengers Forever kinda retconned it, making it a copy of the Human Torch as created by Immortus.

But yeah, Vision and Victor could be seen as brothers. And actually, so could Wonder Man and the Grim Reaper (Visions personality was based upon Simon Williams, whose brother was the Grim Reaper {no, not THE Grim Reaper, just some villain}). Simon and Vision often considered themselves brothers. The Scarlet Witch has been romantically involved with Wonder Man and married to the Vision. On top of that, Ultron also created Jocasta and Alkhema as (unsuccesful) mates, so they could both be seen as sisters/ almost-mothers. And because of Jocasta being based on Mockingbords memories, you could kinda strain to include Hawkeye in their as a kinda brother in law. Add Hank and Janet Pym as the grandparents, and all of a sudden you've got a superhero flavoured Arrested Development!

Oh and Victor could be seen as a sort-of uncle to Wiccan and Speed.

And it gets even weirder now. Young Vision, something of a nephew/brother to Victor, is based on Iron Lads brain patterns. Iron Lad is Kang, who is also Immortus. Which means that the current Vision is kinda connected to his own origin.

This is one interbred family.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Birds said:
It's been a while since I read Avengers Forever (which really digs deeper into this), but as far as I remember, Ultron created Vision out of the remains of the original android Human Torch, but then Avengers Forever kinda retconned it, making it a copy of the Human Torch as created by Immortus.

But yeah, Vision and Victor could be seen as brothers. And actually, so could Wonder Man and the Grim Reaper (Visions personality was based upon Simon Williams, whose brother was the Grim Reaper {no, not THE Grim Reaper, just some villain}). Simon and Vision often considered themselves brothers. The Scarlet Witch has been romantically involved with Wonder Man and married to the Vision. On top of that, Ultron also created Jocasta and Alkhema as (unsuccesful) mates, so they could both be seen as sisters/ almost-mothers. And because of Jocasta being based on Mockingbords memories, you could kinda strain to include Hawkeye in their as a kinda brother in law. Add Hank and Janet Pym as the grandparents, and all of a sudden you've got a superhero flavoured Arrested Development!

And it gets even weirder now. Young Vision, something of a nephew/brother to Victor, is based on Iron Lads brain patterns. Iron Lad is Kang, who is also Immortus. Which means that the current Vision is kinda connected to his own origin.

*Head explodes*

Fuzzy Birds said:
And you all thought X Men families were bad.....

Yeah wow once you actually explore everything that every other writer has done, and kinda put them together..... it gets confusing

Fuzzy Birds said:

Wonderman and grim reaper are brothers. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Something about GR wanting revenge on him.

EDIT: Found this on wikipedia; Simon's brother, Eric Williams, became the supervillain called the Grim Reaper...

Last edited:

Ok...this once possibly promising title has just gone into lame status just like the X-Men Civil War tie-in.

Let's see...
  • Have both teen teams do battle with massive confusion? Check
  • Eventually let the 2 leaders stand-off and call for a truce? Check
  • Insert lame opponent for both teams to fight together? Check

Seriously.....a second Super Skrull in Training captured by the govt and infused with maggot DNA??? Lame.

I'm not really liking the art either. The artist is drawing everyone too "buff". Maybe for Young Avengers that's fine.....but for Chase to be the same size as Patriot is just wrong and off in so many ways.

And I forget where this takes place in Runaways continuity but how lame is it that Maggot Skrull just comes outta nowhere and snaps Xavin's neck?

This book is just lame now.

1.75/5

Latest posts

Back