Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
ProjectX2 said:
Apparently it was JQ's idea for Spider-Man to unmask himself...

I haven't got this issue, but have read the spoilers, and peoples reaction's
Half the people are threatening to drop Spider-man, and the other half are pleased that hes done it, cause that means Spider-man can go in a different direction.

I'm kind of torn i mean it will be good to see Spider-man go in a different direction, but after a few years, it just won't be the same Spider-man..... i reckon
He always tried to protect his identity over the years and over the last 2 months of pretty much saying i can't do it, he does it.

I think i might hold on to Spider-man for a bit longer, til the end of Civil War and Civil War Arc in Amazing Spider-man

What does anyone else think of Spider-man revealing his identity.....its kind of a big thing, its definatly going to change the Character forever, theres not alot of ways of covering it up.... except for House Of M 2

an unprecedented 72 stars (out of a possible 5)

spider-man taking his mask off was a simple, predictable, yet absurdly well done. i got all tingly and "no wai"ish.

of course, i don't know if he can take it back now, and i hope marvel doesn't do something like "dr. strange gives them all their secret identities back!" i think spidey will switch sides and be like "just because i'm switching sides doesn't mean i need a secret identity anymore, this is about personal freedom, yadda yadda." this is, of course, until mary jane or aunt may get whacked, which i see as extremely possible.

all that being said, JQ is a big dumb idiot-face. while i personally think that the notion of spider-man being unmasked is interesting, it is something that is out of character and history for the character, in JQ's terms. The guy is always talking about how the marriage is bad because Spider-man stories at their core were about him as an awkward hapless loner, well, there is a possibility that the mask will be bad (writers should write different stories about him now), because another MAJOR facet of Spidey's identity was that his identity was secret. That he was so damn young. He was like Robin going around without ever being trained or aided by Batman. As Christopher Walken would say, it was ridiculous.

Anyway, I think the notion is interesting, and if kept and done right, like any change, can be good. Of course, Marvel will either never acknowledge this happened (HoM depression), undo it (clonez!), or write it poorly (other). But JQ should shut his mouth, because he's a hypocrite. He shouldn't put up arguments against Mary Jane if he is going to break his own rules with other important facets of the character.

I guess this is more of a speculation thing, but I don't think a Civil War speculation thread even exists and at least here someone will read this idea.

I had this idea as a cliff hanger for issue like four or five.

As the war rages on, tensions get higher and higher. SHIELD responds by authorizing more drastic measures to be taken to capture the underground fighters. This peaks when Captain America makes the top of FBI's most wanted list. In desperation, Maria Hill authorizes deadly force in the capture of Captain America.

SHIELD engages in a raid on the Underground's safe house. They go in guns blazing and catch most people off guard. They use indiscriminate fire against the heros while they're scrammbling for cover. Meanwhile Wolverine, Captain America, and [person Cap cares a lot about, hence forth known as Casuality A because I can't think of someone Cap cares a lot about right now, but I'm sure they're out] run through the emergency exit to the safe house. A small group of SHIELD agents catch up with them and open fire on them. Wolverine and Cap dodge the fire with ease and disable the agents, but Casuality A isn't so lucky. She took several rounds to the chest and is dying quickly. She/He tells Cap with his/her final breath, "never stop fighting." Cap is grief stricken, but Wolverine snaps him out of it, and they keep running.

Next we see Cap and Wolverine in a dive bar three hundred miles away from the safehouse. Cap sits there watching a news report about the raid while Wolverine gets drunk. SHIELD says, "The raid went off without any problems and we able to capture all the fugitives present and we only wish Captain America had been among them. This is still a victory, though, and this certainly marks the beginning of the end for these vigilantes." SHIELD mentions Causality A's death as regretable and stresses that if the SHIELD agents hadn't been met with such fierce resistance his/her death could have been averted. The last page shows Cap turn to Wolverine and says, "How are we going to kill this b*tch?" Wolverine looks at him and says, "Glad to see you're in this thing to win."

End of the issue...

Last edited:
Here's the cover for Issue #5. As you can see, it looks like spidey has gone to the dark side.

CIVWAR005_cov_100.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/CW05Cvrpage.html

Last edited:
Spider man will lose mary jane or aunt may because of this. they may even kill him. Of course Thor will bring him back.

MaxwellSmart said:
Who was everyone in the Safe House. I recognized:

Captain America
Falcon
Cable
Cloak
Daredevil
Luke Cage
The Young Avengers
Dagger's there too, standing in the far right in the big two-page pic. And isn't that Hercules who you see only the back of the head and a shoulder standing there when the YA are coming out of the car?

Also, who's that guy on page 3 with Pym, Reed, She-Hulk and Iron Man? The guy waving his hand?

This is awesome for the shear amount of stupid fan comments that have been generated over at newsarama. It should keep me entertained for awhile reading those.

Last edited:
Ultimate Houde said:
This is awesome for the shear amount of stupid fan comments that have been generated over at newsarama. It should keep me entertained for awhile reading those.
Yeah, they get more crazy than any website I've seen.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Really? To me it looks like he gets the crap beaten out of him. :?

Ditto. Bullseye? Grrr... Why is Bullseye attacking Spider-Man when you clearly have all Spidey villains there?

MaxwellSmart said:
I guess this is more of a speculation thing, but I don't think a Civil War speculation thread even exists and at least here someone will read this idea.

I had this idea as a cliff hanger for issue like four or five.

As the war rages on, tensions get higher and higher. SHIELD responds by authorizing more drastic measures to be taken to capture the underground fighters. This peaks when Captain America makes the top of FBI's most wanted list. In desperation, Maria Hill authorizes deadly force in the capture of Captain America.

SHIELD engages in a raid on the Underground's safe house. They go in guns blazing and catch most people off guard. They use indiscriminate fire against the heros while they're scrammbling for cover. Meanwhile Wolverine, Captain America, and [person Cap cares a lot about, hence forth known as Casuality A because I can't think of someone Cap cares a lot about right now, but I'm sure they're out] run through the emergency exit to the safe house. A small group of SHIELD agents catch up with them and open fire on them. Wolverine and Cap dodge the fire with ease and disable the agents, but Casuality A isn't so lucky. She took several rounds to the chest and is dying quickly. She/He tells Cap with his/her final breath, "never stop fighting." Cap is grief stricken, but Wolverine snaps him out of it, and they keep running.

Next we see Cap and Wolverine in a dive bar three hundred miles away from the safehouse. Cap sits there watching a news report about the raid while Wolverine gets drunk. SHIELD says, "The raid went off without any problems and we able to capture all the fugitives present and we only wish Captain America had been among them. This is still a victory, though, and this certainly marks the beginning of the end for these vigilantes." SHIELD mentions Causality A's death as regretable and stresses that if the SHIELD agents hadn't been met with such fierce resistance his/her death could have been averted. The last page shows Cap turn to Wolverine and says, "How are we going to kill this b*tch?" Wolverine looks at him and says, "Glad to see you're in this thing to win."

End of the issue...
:rockon:

Also, who's that guy on page 3 with Pym, Reed, She-Hulk and Iron Man? The guy waving his hand?
Doc Samson

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Ditto. Bullseye? Grrr... Why is Bullseye attacking Spider-Man when you clearly have all Spidey villains there?
It looks like they're with Spidey in attacking the person with the gun to me.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Are you guys really gonna insult the artist like that?
:sure:

TheManWithoutFear said:
The expression on Spider-Man's face is clearly panic and running scared. Not "ooh I'm sinister and gonna get you."
No, it's not clearly anything. It does look like he's going for the person with the gun, but that doesn't mean "ooh I'm sinister and gonna get you". :?

my take on the spidy unmaking...take a look at the suit...he wore the red and blue....they did that for a reason....if spidy were to switch sides and fight in the red suit...who would really know?

MaxwellSmart said:
Who was everyone in the Safe House. I recognized:

Captain America
Falcon
Cable
Cloak
Daredevil
Luke Cage
The Young Avengers

vintsukka said:
Dagger's there too, standing in the far right in the big two-page pic. And isn't that Hercules who you see only the back of the head and a shoulder standing there when the YA are coming out of the car?

how, HOW do you forget dagger... thats like have a blade without an edge.....

this is going to spell trouble for the Runaways...you have the YA and Cloak and Dagger on one side....but the runaways get along Cloak and Dagger. and the new ID's things....make thew YA villians, make them villians i say8)

TheManWithoutFear said:
And for that matter what is the Green Goblin doing there? He already knows Spider-Mans identity. What difference does his exposure do to him?
Ice said:
In that case Bullseye has gotten REALLY lousy with his aim. I mean look at the right side of the picture. Why is he aiming there? The guy is on the left side.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You're wrong.
No, I'm not. And you know why? Because that's how I see it. You see it different, that's fine.

I mean, look at what I said first:

You act as if I'm saying "Oh, Spider-Man has joined these guys and he really is going to attack the others because that's how the cover looks like!". :roll:

Ultimate Warrior said:
In that case Bullseye has gotten REALLY lousy with his aim. I mean look at the right side of the picture. Why is he aiming there? The guy is on the left side.
I see the cards like swirving in his direction. If it was drawn directly going to the person, Spider-Man would be in the way.

And for the love of God, I'm just saying how the cover looks like. NOT what's actually happening in it or whatever.

Last edited:
nigma said:
this is going to spell trouble for the Runaways...you have the YA and Cloak and Dagger on one side....but the runaways get along Cloak and Dagger. and the new ID's things....make thew YA villians, make them villians i say8)
Was it not said that the Young Avengers and the Runaways is suppose to be on the same side in the Civil War-tie in or was that something I dreamt? :?

Ultimate Warrior said:
Was it not said that the Young Avengers and the Runaways is suppose to be on the same side in the Civil War-tie in or was that something I dreamt? :?

i don't think anything has really been said.....i think #1 comes out here soon.....

Latest posts

Back