Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Oh, I think I heard about this "Civil War" thing...is it finished yet?

I can't wait to see who Thor kills! It's going to be great. I can feel the ripples now. The first casualty(at least one that matters)!

in C&DP cable says it's a guy so dagger and the girl YA's are safe and thor kills him so we know it's an anit-regger

so it's:
not cap (in ASM)
not cable (in C&DP)
i think the YA are safe
cloak was already unconscious no point in thor killing him (and in ASM)
luke cage is safe
herc has been shown on some post CW4 covers
falcon has been shown on some post CW4 covers
iron fist/DD are safe for upcoming ongoing (and in ASM and FF)

all thats left is goliath and he hasn't been shown on any pics in books post CW4 he is a goner

According to Lying In The Gutters, Civil War #4 has an event akin to Spider-Man's unmasking that could be picked up by newspapers. This has my head spinning. My first thought was that it was the death, but only Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man would really get that much attention, and since they were all in Amazing Spider #533 (which was set after the big battle), they're all safe. Which means something else happens. Something big. I can't for the live of me figure out what could garner that much attention. Looks like I'm going to be staying off the net until Thursday ;).

According to Lying In The Gutters, Civil War #4 has an event akin to Spider-Man's unmasking that could be picked up by newspapers. This has my head spinning. My first thought was that it was the death, but only Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man would really get that much attention, and since they were all in Amazing Spider #533 (which was set after the big battle), they're all safe. Which means something else happens. Something big. I can't for the live of me figure out what could garner that much attention. Looks like I'm going to be staying off the net until Thursday ;).

Despite everyone focusing on the relationship between MJ and Peter at this point. I think the biggest thing that could happen is the falling out of Sue and Reed. We know it's coming and although MJ/Pete are real cute. This is the couple that was never challenged and no one would dream of their undoing. She's going to leave him when one of their own kind is killed.

I also think it will be Reed and Sue. Because I look at the solicits for the next few FF issues, and they make it sound like one issue there's tension and the next issue it's FF no more. Reed and Sue will split up in #4 and it will be like the jump from Spidey saying at the end of ASM that he has an announcement and then picking up next issue with his mask already off assuming you knew that's what he was going to announce.

in C&DP cable says it's a guy so dagger and the girl YA's are safe and thor kills him so we know it's an anit-regger

so it's:
not cap (in ASM)
not cable (in C&DP)
i think the YA are safe
cloak was already unconscious no point in thor killing him (and in ASM)
luke cage is safe
herc has been shown on some post CW4 covers
falcon has been shown on some post CW4 covers
iron fist/DD are safe for upcoming ongoing (and in ASM and FF)

all thats left is goliath and he hasn't been shown on any pics in books post CW4 he is a goner

I also think that it must be Goliath that dies. Which is really stupid, because he is a completely inconsequential character. I mean, he was essentially nonexistent until CW, so how could his death carry any meaning?

And even though I dont follow 616 FF, Reed/Sue splitting up would be interesting. The groundwork has certainly been laid in the previous issues (BP telling Reed to call sue... Reed paying no attn to Johnny..etc.)

I also think that it must be Goliath that dies. Which is really stupid, because he is a completely inconsequential character. I mean, he was essentially nonexistent until CW, so how could his death carry any meaning?

In the manner in which he dies and the consequences it causes. Think about when Jason Todd died, many people didnt really like him but his death became one of the biggest moments in Batman history cause they showed the effects it has on him till this day.

In the manner in which he dies and the consequences it causes. Think about when Jason Todd died, many people didnt really like him but his death became one of the biggest moments in Batman history cause they showed the effects it has on him till this day.
And because he was Robin. The title carries meaning with it. Goliath, formerly Black Goliath, not so much.

It's either Falcon or Goliath that dies. And I thought Reed and Sue were seperated for while. I thought she left and was replaced by one of Blackbolts' people. Those gorons or gorgons or something like that.

If Falcon dies I don't see Cap and Thor being friends ever again.
Still want to see the reaction of the world with Thor killing a hero, besides that, I'm not really excited.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back