Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Things I disliked

-The Watcher
-The heros using villains to catch hero. (come on now. That makes no sense.)

Everything else was great. I had no problem with the Thor clone. Especially that look on Peter's face looking at him. Susan's defection was the best part of the issue. Millar does a good job of making this very really intese and nails the characters for the most part. Especially Cap talking to Iron Man. The artwork is very beautiful.

I do want to see the villain team in action but the reasoning makes no sense. It's like the logic of a 2 year old. "Cap disrespected me so I have to forget about the man that really caused the explosion and let these villains free to catch someone whos helping people)"

P.S. I hope The Punisher gets everyone's ***. Hardcore.

Last edited:
Kind of a letdown. McNiven's art seemed off near the end, probably due to rushing.

Disappointing.

im also pissed with Goliath wife being ''ok'' with Big G dead...makes it look like no one cares(i'll give tony credit for paying for the funiral)
?

Pretty sure Goliaths wife wasn't in the issue. The mother of one of the dead kids (the mom who spit in tonys face) is the one who confronts Tony at Goliaths funeral.

And MWoF should chill out.

After reading Earth X, that borders on absurd.

I think I've saw some stories in continuity with Uatu expressing minimal feelings.
Afterall he is the one Watcher that always spoil everything to the FF, and I don't think he would appear to them if he didn't have feelings. The other Watchers already put him on trial for things like that.
In Earth X his is more like the other Watchers.

Another brain-numbing point - when Cap (I think it was Cap; maybe it was someoone talking to him; I don't have it in front of me) says something to the effect of, "Has anyone noticed Peter Parker acting strangely?"

I mean, come on. :roll:

I think it was Happy saying that to Tony.. I wasn't sure either.

Although I kind of liked that scene, they really set Peter up to switch sides next issue (hence being chased on the cover of #5)

Another brain-numbing point - when Cap (I think it was Cap; maybe it was someoone talking to him; I don't have it in front of me) says something to the effect of, "Has anyone noticed Peter Parker acting strangely?"

I mean, come on. :roll:

It was Reed Richards talking to Samsom.
But the fuuny thing is, Peter is just talking to his wife and he's sad. Not a very strange thing to do in a FUNERAL. If he was...idontknow...something like humping Goliath that would be acting strangely

he was being secretive. also, hank probably told reed what pete asked him.

and all i can say was i knew it'd be one of the big guys. millar just hates them so much.

overall, good issue. the only thing that i found even remotely surprising was the whole Clor (as he is being called) business, but the issue was still very solid. also, the pro-Reg side is crazy stupid.

CLONES!!

Wheres the AHNNOLD clone?

Pretty good ish. Not worth the delay, but good. Reed is becoming a jerk too.

It was Reed Richards talking to Samsom.
But the fuuny thing is, Peter is just talking to his wife and he's sad. Not a very strange thing to do in a FUNERAL. If he was...idontknow...something like humping Goliath that would be acting strangely
If I remember the panel correct... I think it's something to do with Peter's back turned talking to May and MJ and MJ sort've guilty looking over Pete's shoulders at them. Like he's talking about something secretive.

ff536.jpg

Clor's hamer.

=

Beta Ray Bill's hammer
250px-NewBRB.png

there, i proved it. Clor is Beta Ray Bill. I win.

That's not Clor's hammer. That's the real Thor's hammer, which is currently in possession of Donald Blake. Clor's hammer is made with technology, the original is, for lack of a better word, magical.

Latest posts

Back