Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
That's not Clor's hammer. That's the real Thor's hammer, which is currently in possession of Donald Blake. Clor's hammer is made with technology, the original is, for lack of a better word, magical.

shhhhh, you'll ruin everything.

Ok....normally I'm a big supporter of Civil War and it's tie-ins (I'm sooooo on Tony's side)...........but this was a weak issue IMO.

Thor clones
Sipdey's obvious weird feelings
Susan leaving
The inevitable death

It's not that we didn't see these things coming....because we've know nstuff was coming up from before and it's all turned out great. But it's just that this was very "meh" for me.

Another brain-numbing point - when Cap (I think it was Cap; maybe it was someoone talking to him; I don't have it in front of me) says something to the effect of, "Has anyone noticed Peter Parker acting strangely?"

I mean, come on. :roll:

Actualy that was Reed Richards....notice his grayhair. and i doubt Cap wouldbe there....cuz then he'd be arrested....plus he's hurt.

This was pointed out to me, and after hearing it it made sense, but I want to know what you guys thought. Is the fifty-state initiative clone hero's that are brain-washed?

Also, I totally called Thor being brain washed. I didn't call that he's a clone, but I called the brain washing.

We already know what the 50 States Initiative is, if you read Cable-Deadpool

Superhuman police in every state. Effectively creating a police state.

I think the problem here (causing the argument) is that due to Marvel complete inability to keep things consistent across titles, we don't actually have any clear idea WHO is being persecuted by the act.

I side with Cap because he never broke any laws, and as I read the comic, he was willing to register. His objection was to the government telling him who to hunt down. Which isn't clear if the act stipulates this or not.

If the act is enforced like with the X Men (register if you use your powers but we wont make you do anything) then the act is a good thing. If the act is enforced like Luke Cage (unprovoked attack by capekillers when he hadn't done anything resembling vigilantism) then the act is a bad thing.

Let's leave the pro vs. anti-registration discussion for the appropriate thread and keep this one about the series itself.

I think its hillarious that Marvel's new brand of Supervillains working for the government came out the same week as the Suicide Squad reemerged in the DC Universe...

Its like DC got a hold of the story plotline and decided they needed to say, "Hey, we had that idea first!"

But with the delays, the two issues came out at the same time... making it all the more obvious that what Marvel is doing isn't really anything new.

I think its hillarious that Marvel's new brand of Supervillains working for the government came out the same week as the Suicide Squad reemerged in the DC Universe...

Its like DC got a hold of the story plotline and decided they needed to say, "Hey, we had that idea first!"

But with the delays, the two issues came out at the same time... making it all the more obvious that what Marvel is doing isn't really anything new.

Well except that Jack O'lantern Venom bullseye etc...have no intetion of reforming.

Last edited:
Yeah, calling the team the Thunderbolts confused me a little.

I have been loosely following the thunderbolts led by Zemo, are these villains also led by Zemo? Or is this an unrelated Thunderbolts?

Also: Suicide Squad members are looking to get years off their sentence. They're not quite reformed. And they're older than Thunderbolts. (I Think).

I've been thinking about the guy in the mask on the fire escape. Either Punisher or Hawkeye would be cool but I think another worthy option would be a villain whose on the anti-reg side. Someone who has to sneak into Cap's folds because he's not going to be openly accepted. I'm just playing around with the though and I haven't really come up with anyone yet but it's a possibility.

I've been thinking about the guy in the mask on the fire escape. Either Punisher or Hawkeye would be cool but I think another worthy option would be a villain whose on the anti-reg side. Someone who has to sneak into Cap's folds because he's not going to be openly accepted. I'm just playing around with the though and I haven't really come up with anyone yet but it's a possibility.

Punisher is not exactly a hero in Cap's eyes... He won't be openly accepted either IMO.
I don't think the villains are interested in going to Cap's side. Remember the first couple of pages in CW 2? Twelve Villains beated up and ready to be delivered to SHIELD.

Punisher is not exactly a hero in Cap's eyes... He won't be openly accepted either IMO.
My opinion too. I was just looking for other options.
I don't think the villains are interested in going to Cap's side. Remember the first couple of pages in CW 2? Twelve Villains beated up and ready to be delivered to SHIELD.
I know but that's unfair to consider that every villain feels the same way about what's going on.

My opinion too. I was just looking for other options.

I know but that's unfair to consider that every villain feels the same way about what's going on.

Maybe so, but why would the villains care anyway? because if they're villains then what they're doing is already illegal so the act doesnt really affect them.

unless they're concerned with having to deal with superheroes that have government/shield training, then i could see why they'd care.

Maybe so, but why would the villains care anyway? because if they're villains then what they're doing is already illegal so the act doesnt really affect them.

unless they're concerned with having to deal with superheroes that have government/shield training, then i could see why they'd care.

It's an issue of redemption. You're looking at it as if a villain is always a villain and is just entirely evil. There should be a more dynamic approach to any character.

Latest posts

Back