Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
I haven't given up on this series. I intend to see it through to the very end.

I didn't notice at first, but I just reread CW5 and YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE DAREDEVIL AND TONY IN THE LAST PAGE. Where did they get all that vibranium alloy?! Is this going to be like how kryptonite, "the rarest mineral ever", can be found by any two-bit thug? There's this one issue of Superman where some random thugs have a catapult built into their get-away tank and they toss a chunk of kryptonite bigger than his head at him.

THIS IS MORE RIDICULOUS THAN THAT.

They somehow managed to make blueprints (well, Tony probably did that beforehand), import all the HUGELY EXPENSIVE EXTREMELY RARE VIBRANIUM and the huge construction tools to the EXTREMELY RARE NEGATIVE ZONE PORTALS, get them all through the portals, build a prison BIGGER THAN NEW YORK with an advanced AI guarding it and cells specially catered to dozens of different powers in maybe a WEEK, and yet PEOPLE STILL DRIVE NORMAL CARS AND THERE ARE CONSTRUCTION SITES VISIBLE in some drawings of New York.

If I were an American taxpayer, and murderers were roaming the street even though there was a goddamn prison bigger than Rhode Island, and I was still late to work from construction sites when they did the modern equivalent of BUILDING ROME IN A DAY, I would join the Thing in France, because seriously, WHAT. THE. HELL. Normally, I would just brush this off as "comic book logic", but the ENTIRE POINT of Civil War is REALISM.

Man, you just know I'm going to grow up and spend all my time in comic book shops complaining about how in issue 209 of Action Man, he can't lift a car over his head even though in issue 156 he clearly lifts the equivalent weight of a car in bricks.

Well Tony likes to plan ahead and I think Sentry is providing the portal. Also i think they built a permanent one like shown in issue five. And Shield was excavating vibranium from the savage land soooo...

does anyone know where I can see the Michael Turner varient for Civil War #7I talked to someone at school earlier today and he said he saw the cover on the internet and that it looked sweet.

I never expected a great story out of Civil War anyway.With so many heroes it was really obvious things were gonna get messy.

Have to admit , the only thing I was interested about the Civil War was heroes fighting each other.And so far I didn't get much of that either. Everything happens so fast ...

The only fight that took a little time was Cap vs Spidey , and it's only because Spidey talks too much.
The other fights are usually lame. Thor enters the battlefield , lol he killed Goliath , and saying that takes longer than the action.

The second kinda long one was Iron Man vs Spidey , which takes like 6 pages if you combine Civil War #5 , and ASM #536 , and the action between the heroes is just 2 punches!!!

Civil War is clearly not what we asked for :) so please stop whining and go with the flow. It's all about collecting it now.

Every night, Joe Q. must thank the good Lord for readers like you.

I had hope with Civil War until after Iron Man vs Spidey in CW#5
After that point not getting #6 and #7 would be a shame, that story needs to be completed. And well , he probably should ;)

THe way i see it, Millar has yet to disappoint.

Trouble. I know its a cheap shot, but there it is.

I don't care anymore. At first I tried to completely avoid Civil War, then i bought a big chunk of it and was less than impressed. Now I'm just gonna pick up what I want to, Civil War connections be damned.

wow what a pair

millar has chrons disease, and mcniven get's strep throat

these are pretty good excuses for books being late, i don't understand why people are so upset about it

atleast they didn't dump another 12 tie-ins on us to make up for it

Latest posts

Back