Patriot Mk2 said:
But nothing beats Planet X :D
I thought pLanter X was one of the weaker arcs, serving mainly to let us know exactly who was behind almost everything.

Now Riot at Xaviers... hell yes.

Baxter said:
I thought pLanter X was one of the weaker arcs, serving mainly to let us know exactly who was behind almost everything.

I found Riot to be the weakest.

Here Comes Tomorrow is the best of them all.

Than Imperial.

If I ranked them it would be...

Here Comes Tomorrow
Imperial
Return To Weapon Plus
E For Extinction
Planet X
Murder At The Mansion
New Worlds
Riot At Xaivers

Baxter said:

Agreed. Quitely was at the top of his game then.

In order, from best to worst, by TPB:

Here Comes Tomorrow
Imperial
E Is For Extinction
Planet X
Riot At Xavier's
New Worlds
Assault on Weapons Plus

Imperial

Well, I got it Sunday and finished it yesterday. It was awesome, I enjoyed E is for Extinction, but not at all to the amount that I liked this one. I think this could be do to me getting to understand the characters better along with the fact that Imperial was a better arc/tpb. The ending was spectacular, and I'm definitely getting New Worlds pretty soon. I think I'll reread the annual soon, because I don't think I understood it completely.

Last edited:
Re: Imperial

Pandrio said:
Well, I got it Sunday and finished it yesterday. It was awesome, I enjoyed E is for Extinction, but not at all to the amount that I liked this one. I think this could be do to me getting to understand the characters better along with the fact that Imperial was a better arc/tpb. The ending was spectacular, and I'm definitely getting New Worlds pretty soon. I think I'll reread the annual soon, because I don't think I understood it completely.

When I first started E for Extinction, I was badly under the influence of a major pain pill. I couldn't finish it. I had to read it again.

Well I've read New Worlds, Riot at Xavior's and Assault on Weapon Plus. I really like the character of Fantomex and the idea of X=10 with Weapon Plus.
Patriot Mk2 said:
Personally I found each arc to be better than the last.
I think the more I read of it, the more I enjoy it as a whole. I liked the different parts of New Worlds that went back to the beginning and the common things throughout the whole run.

Pandrio said:
I think the more I read of it, the more I enjoy it as a whole. I liked the different parts of New Worlds that went back to the beginning and the common things throughout the whole run.

Just you wait til Here Comes Tomorrow....

So, I read Planet X today and I have Here Comes Tomorrow which I'm going to read tomorrow. Reading about comics before I started picking up the trades of this, I already knew about Xorneto when I started Planet X. I still liked it a lot, but knowing the plot twist obviously took away some of the greatness of the arc. I'm hyped for Here Comes Tomorrow though.

Okay, so I've finished the entire run. Brilliant.
moonmaster said:
I had to read those last few pages of "Here Comes Tomorrow" a few times before I actually understood what happened. It was quite confusing. But I think those last two pages where Scott and Emma kiss was one of the best, most utterly appropriate ending I've seen in a run on a comic.
I liked Here Comes Tomorrow better on the second readthrough, where I caught a few things I had missed. And the Emma Scott end was perfect.
Think I'll reread the entire run sometime soon.
Bass said:
In a stunning flash of insight, Morrison explains Weapon X means "Weapon Ten" and we meet Weapon XIV (14), aka Fantomex.
Just thought I'd point out that Fantomex is Weapon XIII (13), and the Stepford Cuckoos are referred to as Weapon XIV (14) in Here Comes Tomorrow.

Re: the brilliance of having Weapon X = Weapon 10...having Captain America as Weapon I is genius.

E said:
Re: the brilliance of having Weapon X = Weapon 10...having Captain America as Weapon I is genius.

totally agree. it's also been revealed in his mini that the Sentry was developed through the same program. anyone out there know where that puts him?

freedome said:
totally agree. it's also been revealed in his mini that the Sentry was developed through the same program. anyone out there know where that puts him?
Well, that's a bit different and more of an off-shoot, I'd say.

freedome said:

No, but I need to re-read it. I had a real hard time with it. It wasn't very good.

That's an interesting idea though. Because not all of the weapons were revealed in New X-Men.

Well, I'm still rereading this. I just finished the Xorn stand-alone issue, and now I'm definitely sure Morrison made up Xorn's identity as Magneto much later on. Of course, there are the various hints and nods such as his talk about creating a new world in the annual, and only healing nano-sentinel infected people in Imperial, but...

In the one-shot, Xavier looks into Xorn's mind. Xorn asks him what he sees, and Xavier talks about how Xorn's brain is a star which holds incredible power, blah blah blah. How did Magneto trick Xavier into thinking that?

Also, Xorn goes after that monster thing. When he finds out the mother is committing suicide along with the child by overdosing on pills, he offers to heal them. If she had said yes, what would he have done then?

Later on, once the monster has been killed, and many people are injured (most of them from an explosion), it shows a panel of Xorn healing a person who has been knocked unconscious. How does he do it? Pretend to heal them?

Gah - so far, I'm pretty sure Morrison made Xorn Magneto when he needed an idea for a story. If I find any more hints that either agree or disagree with this notion, I'll post 'em.

ProjectX2 said:
Well, I'm still rereading this. I just finished the Xorn stand-alone issue, and now I'm definitely sure Morrison made up Xorn's identity as Magneto much later on. Of course, there are the various hints and nods such as his talk about creating a new world in the annual, and only healing nano-sentinel infected people in Imperial, but...

The only healing the nano-sentinels was what sold me on the fact that he knew the whole time Xorn would be Magneto. There are other hints, like dropping the car on the U-Men while he took the special class camping.

ProjectX2 said:
In the one-shot, Xavier looks into Xorn's mind. Xorn asks him what he sees, and Xavier talks about how Xorn's brain is a star which holds incredible power, blah blah blah. How did Magneto trick Xavier into thinking that?

The helmet. It's a modified version of his old helmet, which was specifically designed to keep Xavier out of his head.

ProjectX2 said:
Also, Xorn goes after that monster thing. When he finds out the mother is committing suicide along with the child by overdosing on pills, he offers to heal them. If she had said yes, what would he have done then?

Who knows? The important thing is that he didn't. Maybe he knew he wouldn't have to.

ProjectX2 said:
Later on, once the monster has been killed, and many people are injured (most of them from an explosion), it shows a panel of Xorn healing a person who has been knocked unconscious. How does he do it? Pretend to heal them?

Either that, or maybe he's doing something with the iron in their blood or something...I don't know (remember he was on Kick and his powers were amplified greatly). Yeah, it throws you off to see that, but you have to keep in mind - and I think this was very intentional - you don't see the guy healed and don't know what Xorn was healing.

Gah - so far, I'm pretty sure Morrison made Xorn Magneto when he needed an idea for a story. If I find any more hints that either agree or disagree with this notion, I'll post 'em.[/QUOTE]

So, Xorn's helmet keeps Xavier out of his head? Wouldn't Xavier be curious about that?

EDIT: Is all of this stuff in his helmet? He just shot lasers from his eyes to start a fire...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back