Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
Re: Secret Invasion discussion (possible Spoilers)

That's exactly what I thought.

I thought the summer event of 2008 was the thing Alex Ross is working on, or is that just regular Invasion. the thing with the time travel 12-issue series.

That's Avengers/Invaders

it's something completley different

IGN article on Secret Invasion here

http://comics.ign.com/articles/846/846491p1.html

contains covers for Mighty Avengers #12 (Marko Djurdjevic) and New Avengers #40 (Aleksei Briclot)

ontop of the announcement of a Simone Bianchi Skrull cover for FF#554, it looks like Skrull covers are full blown replacing Zombie covers

Zombie covers were OK but were way overdone.

Skrull covers are much better, and make a lot more sense. I'm totally digging the Secret Invasion #1 Skrull cover.

IGN article on Secret Invasion here

http://comics.ign.com/articles/846/846491p1.html

contains covers for Mighty Avengers #12 (Marko Djurdjevic) and New Avengers #40 (Aleksei Briclot)

ontop of the announcement of a Simone Bianchi Skrull cover for FF#554, it looks like Skrull covers are full blown replacing Zombie covers

So take original cover, change skin color to green and add lines on the chin. OMG IT IS TEH BRILLIANCE!!!

Mmm, nice.

So take original cover, change skin color to green and add lines on the chin. OMG IT IS TEH BRILLIANCE!!!

I see you are trying to usurp Proj's title as Most Cynical Poster.

In the introduction of the New Avengers hardcover that collects Breakout and Sentry, Bendis says that someone in the first issue is a skrull................ don't know if that is a true fact, cause he laughs afterward, but if it true it could be considered good planning or coincidence

The person who paid Electro.

Whomever that turns out to be.

So, a good long while ago, Bendis was hyping up a big Ultimate universe crossover he was doing called "Ultimate Invasion". Then it was brushed under the rug and never mentioned again. Uuhh.... So what do you figure are the chances this is that project Bendis was talking about, just shuffled over to the main universe?

So, a good long while ago, Bendis was hyping up a big Ultimate universe crossover he was doing called "Ultimate Invasion". Then it was brushed under the rug and never mentioned again. Uuhh.... So what do you figure are the chances this is that project Bendis was talking about, just shuffled over to the main universe?

Shuffled to the main universe.

I would be willing to bet (and of course Bendis would deny it so it's a moot point) that it was planned for the UU, and Joe Q (or whomever) decided that the sensationalism (ugh) of all of the changes from Civil War and other stories had worn off and upset the applecart too much and wanted a way to reel everything back in, so they changed it to apply to the main Marvel U.

Supports the whole idea of Bendis retconning instead of really planning a huge story and building up to it. He just leaves himself enough plot holes to go back and fill later.

I thought that it had been established that the info about Ultimate Invasion came from an interview with Bendis where he talked about his future projects and made hints about an Ultimate cross-over (Ultimate Power) and Invasion. It was mentioned in the same sentence so people thought that it was one and the same but Bendis (or someone else from Marvel) later corrected the rumour.

Did anyone see Quesada hyping Secret Invasion last night on Colbert?

Apparently, he's openly saying that the gov't and SHIELD have been infiltrated.

Could this be the easy out for the Registration Act?

bickering over who made Huckabee

....You're ****ting me....

Is this for real or is this all an act? i mean i once saw jon on O'brian and they seemed to get along fine....granted that was Stewart.

Anyway back on topic.......Skrullektra is turning me on.

....You're ****ting me....

Is this for real or is this all an act? i mean i once saw jon on O'brian and they seemed to get along fine....granted that was Stewart.

Anyway back on topic.......Skrullektra is turning me on.

It's a complete act, they're all friends and started out writing together for SNL and the Simpsons.

Latest posts

Back