Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
Re: Secret Invasion discussion (possible Spoilers)

Regarding Bendis' ULTIMATE INVASION - If I recall correctly, it was to do with Namor. I remember quite clearly it having to do with the Sub-Mariner, who had, at that time, not been Ultimized. He was however, ultimized in Millar's UF4 run - and rather differently. That probably is what happened. Bendis had a Namor story, didn't have the time to do it, and so Millar went ahead and just ultimized Namor anyway.

Also - the Skrull cover. I thought they were zombies at first, so I'm 100% on the "zombie-variants, now skrull-variants" thing. :|

The weird thing about this plotline is that... I really want to get into it. But... I read THE ILLUMINATI mini and it just pissed me off. Some of it was pretty cool - it's a neat idea - but I just felt like shouting "**** off". For example,
Blackbolt is Blackbolt - because he has his insane power voice thing they use for the Infinity Gem - and then suddenly... he isn't. There's no clues, nothing. I mean - it makes sense since Blackbolt doesn't speak it'd be easier to copy him but... it just comes out of nowhere. Same for Elektra.
And part of me thinks, well, okay. Maybe this HAS been planned for years. Maybe this is really intricate. But every reveal is just - HaHA! I'm a Skrull! - out of nowhere. And then there's the paranoia and the shake up... the idea intrigues me a great deal but... I've not liked any team books Bendis has done. It's annoying because I think I would like to enjoy this. :|

Regarding Bendis' ULTIMATE INVASION - If I recall correctly, it was to do with Namor. I remember quite clearly it having to do with the Sub-Mariner, who had, at that time, not been Ultimized. He was however, ultimized in Millar's UF4 run - and rather differently. That probably is what happened. Bendis had a Namor story, didn't have the time to do it, and so Millar went ahead and just ultimized Namor anyway.

Also - the Skrull cover. I thought they were zombies at first, so I'm 100% on the "zombie-variants, now skrull-variants" thing. :|

The weird thing about this plotline is that... I really want to get into it. But... I read THE ILLUMINATI mini and it just pissed me off. Some of it was pretty cool - it's a neat idea - but I just felt like shouting "**** off". For example,
Blackbolt is Blackbolt - because he has his insane power voice thing they use for the Infinity Gem - and then suddenly... he isn't. There's no clues, nothing. I mean - it makes sense since Blackbolt doesn't speak it'd be easier to copy him but... it just comes out of nowhere. Same for Elektra.
And part of me thinks, well, okay. Maybe this HAS been planned for years. Maybe this is really intricate. But every reveal is just - HaHA! I'm a Skrull! - out of nowhere. And then there's the paranoia and the shake up... the idea intrigues me a great deal but... I've not liked any team books Bendis has done. It's annoying because I think I would like to enjoy this. :|

I hate the Black Bolt thing because it completley invalidates Son of M and Silent War. Which were miles better than this Skrull nonsense

plus if Kl'rt is involved in this and it completely ignores his actions in Annihilation and Conquest I will be pissed

BEWBS!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!111

I'm geeked for this. I think it will be good. No - make that GREAT.

And Skotti - I have almost no doubt that this will be used to overturn the registration act and probably several other recent events. Look at Captain America -
Stark is already letting him operate without being registered.

And Skotti - I have almost no doubt that this will be used to overturn the registration act and probably several other recent events. Look at Captain America -

duh.... forgot about that.

That art from Yu is really good, its a little cleaner, and easier to look at then some of the stuff that has been in New Avengers.

Y'know....

the more I look at that...

the more I want a pet Skrull girl....

christ, I'm such a geek.

OMG

Yu drew a woman that doesn't look like she should be in the cancer ward at her local hospital!

what next? Liefeld's gonna draw a cover of nothing but a foot?

*head explodes*

OMG

Yu drew a woman that doesn't look like she should be in the cancer ward at her local hospital!

what next? Liefeld's gonna draw a cover of nothing but a foot?

*head explodes*

??

I always liked Lenil's women, what was wrong with them? (aside from the over rendering at times)

a creepy weirdo geek at that!

!!!!!!!

Pet Skrull girl!?

Yeah, seriously, she'd be able to change into whatever I wanted. Chinese, BAM. Red Head, BAM. Freaky alien chick, BAM!

I swear to god, I'm channeling Kirk tonight.

??

I always liked Lenil's women, what was wrong with them? (aside from the over rendering at times)

mainly just the interiors in the last couple ish's of NA (i mainly noticed in the wolverine/jessica shower seen), they just seem way to skinny and pale, in an almost washed out way. (OMG I used a period!)

his cover art is usually great though (xcept the cover with Echo as DD, with Dorsal Fin breasts). (OMG I did it again!!)

Yeah, seriously, she'd be able to change into whatever I wanted. Chinese, BAM. Red Head, BAM. Freaky alien chick, BAM!

I swear to god, I'm channeling Kirk tonight.

Touche saleswoman.

Okay, I've had enough.

*mutters something about needing any girl, and wonders off to draw a skrull*

PBF111-Reset.jpg

Latest posts

Back