Re: Ultimate Power #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

Any issue that reveals Ultimate Quasar is gold. :lol:

But all diddly aside, not bad. Same way that Ultimate Six started; good art, mostly talking and set-up.

Glad to see they took the high road when Reed sent his probes into the zones. M-zone, N-zone... no O-zone? :wink:

Welcome to internet Hell. Home of Tubgirl and Moonmaster: Couple Extraordinaire.

Welcome to internet Hell. Home of Tubgirl and Moonmaster: Couple Extraordinaire.

Wrong. TOG likes Tubgirl.

Moony likes midgets.

.......and welcome. So yeah---Ultimate Power......

It felt like I was reading a lost/trashed UFF arc that Millar decided was bollocks.

Last edited:

Wrong. TOG likes Tubgirl.

Moony likes midgets.

.......and welcome. So yeah---Ultimate Power......

It felt like I was reading a lost/trashed UFF arc that Millar decided was bollocks.

Damn I got to write this down.

I could care less about the invasion from the Supremeverse. The only thing I was interested in was a piece of Ben's rock-skin falling off.

Which seems to happen an awful lot lately (see UFF's "God War" arc).

Anyway, I wasn't impressed either. It gets a 2/5.

As for the continuity aspect, the only reason there are questions about it is because Loeb said it would take place between Ultimates 3 and 4. This is still possible, I suppose, but to avoid screw-ups it would mean Ultimates 3 would have to begin very soon after Ultimates 2. For now, I've placed it just after the UFF Frightful arc and before Ultimates 2. Future issues will probably change this placement, most especially the clues that Hank Pym will be fighting alongside the Ultimates.

An interesting little thing I noticed was that Nighthawk was with the Squadron. In SS, he's not currently a member and refused an invitation to the team (iirc), so I guess either this is an indication that he's going to join soon or Bendis screwed up (again!).

This was crap. The art was good, but the dialogue made me want to slit my wrists.

This was crap. The art was good, but the dialogue made me want to slit my wrists.

Well ,then what are you waiting for?

Well, I can't say I'm surprised most of you didn't like it ala Bendis. The dialog was a little forced but I still think it was in character.

3.5/5

1) The art was just great and I am glad that Land is staying all the way through (he is right?).
2) I actually thought that the dialogue was in character and you need a lot of dialogue for a starting issue, don't you?
3) I know it will get better, so come on Bendis!

Did anybody else see that Reed said he was 18 in this book? I could have sworn he was 19 or 21.....

Well ,then what are you waiting for?

Well, I can't say I'm surprised most of you didn't like it ala Bendis. The dialog was a little forced but I still think it was in character.

I don't want to make you cry.

I gladly give my points for this Issue as 4/5

The artwork is simply breath taking !!
The hotties are simply breath taking , if they worked harder on the serpent squad , this serie could easily get a +18.

Though I was expecting more action on Ultimate Power , I am feeling great with the way they are introducing the characters. Especially Reed.Reed never felt so heroic to me in Ultimate Universe before. I was starting to feel like he actually didn't care about Ben. And Ben's breakdown , it has never been this obvious in UFF before.I was expectin it after "President Thor".But not on Ultimate Power but UFF.Still I am happy because Ultimate Power is doing a pretty great job with showing the desperation and dedication of both characters.

To summarize , Ultimate Power fills in the emotional space created in UFF so far.And I am really looking forward what this serie will become after the rest of the UU joins the fight.

Last edited:

2.75/5. Slightly above average, and not terribly impressive.

I know it's a cliffhanger, but I wish Squadron Supreme's appearance at least made a little bit of sense.

Nice art though.

Though I was expecting more action on Ultimate Power , I am feeling great with the way they are introducing the characters. Especially Reed.Reed never felt so heroic to me in Ultimate Universe before. I was starting to feel like he actually didn't care about Ben. And Ben's breakdown , it has never been this obvious in UFF before.I was expectin it after "President Thor".But not on Ultimate Power but UFF.Still I am happy because Ultimate Power is doing a pretty great job with showing the desperation and dedication of both characters.

Yeah I truly loved how desperate and motivated they made Reed in this issue because it showed how much he blamed himself and that he will keep his promise to Ben. Go Bendis!

Last edited:

:sure:

What's wrong with you people? Reed's been portrayed like this a bunch of times and you're acting like Bendis is the only one whose touch on this so far. None of it was original.

Oh I was just kidding about the Bendis stuff, but I really don't think Reed has been shown to care about Ben's perdicament to this degree before. It has always been, "Ben I will help you, I promise." and when he fails he just says "I will have to work on it and fix my mistakes" and such.

Did anybody else see that Reed said he was 18 in this book? I could have sworn he was 19 or 21.....

I noticed this as well. I could swear Reed was older than 18. Is this just Bendis laziness or am I mistaken? I thought he was 21. It's been driving me nuts since I read it.

I noticed this as well. I could swear Reed was older than 18. Is this just Bendis laziness or am I mistaken? I thought he was 21. It's been driving me nuts since I read it.

Same here...I hate when age and height (Wolverine) inconsistencies happen. They annoy me for some reason....

Same here...I hate when age and height (Wolverine) inconsistencies happen. They annoy me for some reason....

Don't worry they annoy me too. Art inconsistencies I can live with (for the most part - Wolverine seemingly growing and shrinking every issue he's in does get annoying, I agree), because it's usually just different artists interpretation of the character. But age inconsistencies?? Come on. It just strikes me as lazy writing or something. Marvel touts the UU as having a nice, clean continuity yet they can't even remember what age their characters are. :roll:

Latest posts

Back